Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Question

StormakovStormakov Member UncommonPosts: 200

I've decided to give Vanguard a run for its money, despite some of the negative comments made about it.

However, my one question is, and although cliche, sort of important:

What class can I play and attain Max level easily through completely solo play?

I'm assuming of course some sort of pet class? haha

Anyways, this is a very open ended question and I would appreciate your guys' answers or anything constructive you may have to say on the topic =)

Comments

• TeganxTeganx Member Posts: 401

I really dont think you could EASILY attain max level solo no matter what level you play since a LOT of the content in this game is made for group play. If you plan on soloing through this beast of a game you might as well not even try it. Its all about the community and the group content. It will be a dull ride on your own.

Definitely give it a try though. I think youll start off with your solo mindset but end up becoming a group whore like myself : )

playing: darkfall
    waiting: earthrise

• metalcoremetalcore Member Posts: 798

You can easily solo through it all to 50th level. XP gain is not quick and easy however.

2 dot mobs (solo mobs) pretty much every class can kill and there is a lot of content.

Some classes can snare and dot (necro, ranger) which makes it possible for them to solo 3 dot mobs (intended for 2-3 people).

Edit: Pet classes are Necro, Ranger, Shaman.

Now playing: VG (after a long break from MMORPGS)
    Played for more than a month: Darkfall online, Vanguard SOH, Everquest, Horizons, WoW, SWG, Everquest II, Eve

• drag9999drag9999 Member Posts: 252

Most classes can solo 3-dots 3 levels higher than yours. Some have an easier time than others. I play a Bard and my main problems are running out of endurance (every offensive fighter has this problem) and running out of health, since my healing components in my songs aren't that effective. The best solo classes in my opinion are Necromancer, Psionicist and Disciple. Disciples are severely overpowered and will be nerfed soon I think, so don't go with that.

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702

Ive only played this game as an ranger but its fairly easy to solo mobs that are higher level than you and are "elite" (or +3 doted) as one . You can even aoe a group of mobs easy becuse of an buff that slows mobs down when they hit you.

But the game is an mmo game and I must suggest that you find a nice guild that you can play with and share all the "wooha" moments :D

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553
    Originally posted by UserNoName

I've decided to give Vanguard a run for its money, despite some of the negative comments made about it.

However, my one question is, and although cliche, sort of important:

What class can I play and attain Max level easily through completely solo play?

I'm assuming of course some sort of pet class? haha

Anyways, this is a very open ended question and I would appreciate your guys' answers or anything constructive you may have to say on the topic =)

If you want to solo to 50 with a pet class, I'd suggest a Shaman.  There are three different types of shaman and I'd say a Turgin Shaman is the way to go.  Someone who knows how to play a Turgin Shaman really well can really do some amazing things with that class.....  solo some pretty tough named mobs etc.