Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More "sudden disappearnces" from SGW forums.

BlakeySGVBlakeySGV Member Posts: 106

Today saw another long time and well respected forum member banned from the SGW forums. This time simply for posting a goodbye and best wishes (that was absolutely all that the person posted. No comments made speculating or flaming, just a goodbye and good luck) to one of the developers that's done the right thing and left CME.

Yet another classic sign of impending "develpments"? You be the judge. I know I've seen this all before a few times, and it's never ended well..

Comments

• sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by BlakeySGV

Today saw another long time and well respected forum member banned from the SGW forums. This time simply for posting a goodbye and best wishes (that was absolutely all that the person posted. No comments made speculating or flaming, just a goodbye and good luck) to one of the developers that's done the right thing and left CME.
    Yet another classic sign of impending "develpments"? You be the judge. I know I've seen this all before a few times, and it's never ended well..

It would be more to it then just saying goodbye that got him banned, alot of things do happen in pm too that you don't see and as you clearly have no idea I suggest you leave it.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by sancher36

It would be more to it then just saying goodbye that got him banned, alot of things do happen in pm too that you don't see and as you clearly have no idea I suggest you leave it.

I believe you could also turn that around and say you have no idea if it wasn't just saying goodbye, unless you know for a fact that there were other circumstances.Telling someone not to speculate by speculating yourself doesn't really do much, ya know?

Originally posted by Zorvan

I believe you could also turn that around and say you have no idea if it wasn't just saying goodbye, unless you know for a fact that there were other circumstances.Telling someone not to speculate by speculating yourself doesn't really do much, ya know?

Basically nobody knows the full story on what went on, only person to know that is the person who got banned. Just some people have a habbit of taking small things and running with it without full knowledge at all on the facts.

• BlakeySGVBlakeySGV Member Posts: 106

Basically nobody knows the full story on what went on, only person to know that is the person who got banned. Just some people have a habbit of taking small things and running with it without full knowledge at all on the facts.

I think you're being over confident and making assumptions on some things.
  • KainisKainis Member Posts: 436

Not saying that I know anyone working at CME personally, but I've seen things like that happen before. Especially if a dev quits the company, along with their terminal passwords/ phone being taken care of upon leaving, they also bann them from any company related forums, so as to not allow them to talk about their departure, or divulging information that the higher-ups do not want let out. Bare in mind, that it is strickly speculation on my part, but I've seen this enough to recognize it when it happens.

-----------------------
    Tried- L2, Ryzom, WAR, DDO, PWI, Tab Rasa, Requiem, Champs, AA, JD, PWI, SUN, Dawntide

Played- SWG (pre-cu), AoC, VG, WoW, LoTRO,CoX, EQ2, DAOC, GW, PotBS, Aion, MO,APB, NASA, Fallen Earth, DCUO, Rift

Playing- EVE, Black Prophecy, TOR

Waiting for- Tera, Jumpgate Evo, WH40K, WWE, WOD, TSW
    --
    --
    "Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it," Double Fine President Tim Schafer said. "Oh great, now Beyonce is going to sue me too."

I think you're being over confident and making assumptions on some things.

And I am talking about you blakey as thats how your coming across.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Off-topic for Stargate Worlds forum, thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.