Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Assault and battery

NotArkardNotArkard Lord of the Rings Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 164

I have never done Assault before, and I've recently grown interested in it.

I've read around on FFXIClopedia, but while it does have walkthroughs and strategies for all of the assault missions, I'm not really sure what to expect. For one, each assault mission seems to have a "level requirement," but no mention if you are capped or not at this level.

The main Assault article says you have to be at least level 50(which I'm guessing is for the Leujaoam PSC mission). After playing this game for years, I've learned that level requirements mean "you can TRY this at Lv.XX, but you will probably die in the process."

My friends and I are currently sitting at 60-62(there's 3 of us). Would we be able to do the PSC Mamool Ja mission, or do we have to get to 75 even though the level requirement is listed as 60?

The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.

Comments

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553
    Originally posted by NotArkard

I have never done Assault before, and I've recently grown interested in it.
    I've read around on FFXIClopedia, but while it does have walkthroughs and strategies for all of the assault missions, I'm not really sure what to expect. For one, each assault mission seems to have a "level requirement," but no mention if you are capped or not at this level.
    The main Assault article says you have to be at least level 50(which I'm guessing is for the Leujaoam PSC mission). After playing this game for years, I've learned that level requirements mean "you can TRY this at Lv.XX, but you will probably die in the process."
    My friends and I are currently sitting at 60-62(there's 3 of us). Would we be able to do the PSC Mamool Ja mission, or do we have to get to 75 even though the level requirement is listed as 60?

The minimum level is 50.  You can go in under a level cap which will knock the monsters down to comparable levels to you but ever gets capped at that level.  However, it's harder to fight them under a level cap than it is with no cap and being @75.  So yes, you could do it under a 60 cap but it'll be a bit tougher and you do not receive as many points for it.  That's why everyone else does it uncapped (well, most everyone else).

My reccomendation is try it out @ 60 if you want.  Kinda get a feel for it that way when you hit 75 you'll know what to expect.  You dont lose money, just tags that will replenish at 1 a day.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

Pretty much what Suply said. I've done the first tier of missions on 60 cap the short time I had a perma for Assaults. It's honestly not that hard and they can be done at 60 easily. Some require a bit of luck though. There are some that would be easier to do at 75 from what I've heard other people say, but most can be done at 60 without much problem.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• NotArkardNotArkard Lord of the Rings Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 164

Thanks for the responses. I decided to wait a little while before trying assault. Friends and I have all been leveling DNC together, and it's been pretty fun. Definitely overpowered.

Anyway, thanks again for the wisdom!

The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.