Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Same sh*t- different year:( @ the National Deficit

silkakcsilkakc Member UncommonPosts: 381

With the stimulus package as it is now- the projected Annual National Deficit for 2009 will be DOUBLE what it was in 2008. IT will add another 1.3 Trillion to the 10.5 trillion we already are in debt :(

I read there is 60 million $ in the Stimulus package for new vehicles for Govt. workers. You've got to be kidding me!!

They are adding SO much pork to this package- that it just shows they haven't learned from their mistakes. Our economy is doing so badly and we are so in debt to China and they keep spending more and more:(

Is there anywhere on the web that people can view the Stimulus package particulars? So, we can see the breakdown of how the money is being spend and what for?

Comments

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

While Im the first one to Point to how Stupid the Gop can be with their Pork, they have never had anything on Liberals :P

And this is Only his First year...Hell its Only his first MONTH!

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

If the money is going toward helping to create more jobs to get the economy moving uphill instead of downhill than I am all for it. Think of it like reversing a shuttle in space. It takes a hell of a lot of energy/fuel to stop it and get it going in another direction, but once it is heading in that direction, it doesn't matter how much fuel you have left, it is going to keep moving in the new direction.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

"buy American" provisions of the new Obama stimulus package will be the end of the U.S

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by Laserwolf

If the money is going toward helping to create more jobs to get the economy moving uphill instead of downhill than I am all for it. Think of it like reversing a shuttle in space. It takes a hell of a lot of energy/fuel to stop it and get it going in another direction, but once it is heading in that direction, it doesn't matter how much fuel you have left, it is going to keep moving in the new direction.

I don't see how those soo called jobs will help the white collar workers.

• It will cost about $285,000 per job created. Not such a good deal it seems to me.

And normal job growth in the US is around 1.2 million per year, just from population gains alone. So if he is creating or saving 4 million jobs in two years.. still not a good deal.

I don't really blame Obama for this, Pelosi seems to be the main pusher on this pile of rancid pork.