Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Worgs

I am finally shutting down my LotRO account after having killed 524567 worgs. God damn it, theres a lot of wolfs in this game. It drives me nuds. Some of the other aspects of the game were good, except from the way the characters look. In close up my character look very pixelated and kind of boxy. Based on this info, what other games should I look for? Something that somehow is a bit similar to LotRo, but character looks better and there is a minimu of wolfs. lol

Comments

• APRAuroreAPRAurore Member Posts: 330

Is it the grind you hate? Or just the fact that there were too many wolves?

It's pretty hard to recommend a game that isn't grindy in this genre.

If you don't mind grind, try out WoW, but in WoW, it's not wolves but boars (bores?). It's become very simple though. Though WoW is cartoony, the models are beautiful if you have detail all the way up and zoom in on your character. The amount of detail is really good and well-done but in high end gear, everyone looks the same as everyone else.

If you liked the quest-heavy theme parked game in LotRO, then EQ2 might be right for you. I don't remember having to grind so much in EQ2 . There is a cash shop now in the P2P game which I find somewhat distasteful though the cash shop only sells fluff and some xp/ap potions. The game also is old, and the models/animations aren't great either unfortunately. There is less possibility of customisation in EQ2 than in LotRO as far as looks go, but you can customise your character's abilities through the achievement point system. 

If not, Vanguard is an ok game. It has a lot of flaws, but it has some very nice features as well. It's the best balance between sandbox and theme-park. The classes are really nicely done, but there are a few issues of character models and animations.

Back in EvE. Started with BatMUD. Main MMOs have been EvE and DAoC.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102
    Originally posted by Molepudding

I am finally shutting down my LotRO account after having killed 524567 worgs. God damn it, theres a lot of wolfs in this game. It drives me nuds. Some of the other aspects of the game were good, except from the way the characters look. In close up my character look very pixelated and kind of boxy. Based on this info, what other games should I look for? Something that somehow is a bit similar to LotRo, but character looks better and there is a minimu of wolfs. lol

1. What level are you?

2. What graphic settings do you use?

3. Have you considered canceling quests involving killing wolfs?

4. Since you ended your post with "lol" I doubt it matters anyway...

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

What sort of worgs, npc or pc?

• Rochet75Rochet75 Member Posts: 6

So let me get the straight, your quitting the game because you run into many worgs? And why are you even using the word worg, are you trying to be funny or something? hmm ok i guess that’s a reasonable excuse for leaving the game. Haha and your saying that the game looks pixilated….hmmm maybe you should turn your graphics up or get a new video card because Lotro has amazing graphics and there is no sign of pixels.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

can't help with the wolves but go to options --> graphics --> and set it to 2X, 4X or 8X  as high as your vid card cvan stand and still give good performance anf the pixels will go bye bye. Even @ 2X you won't see any jaggies

But anyway you can go play any of the other MMOs out there but if you did not like LoTRO you probably won't like them either. LoTRO is not perfect but overall it is the best PvE oriented MMORPG ever released.

I miss DAoC

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by Rochet75

So let me get the straight, your quitting the game because you run into many worgs? And why are you even using the word worg, are you trying to be funny or something? hmm ok i guess that’s a reasonable excuse for leaving the game. Haha and your saying that the game looks pixilated….hmmm maybe you should turn your graphics up or get a new video card because Lotro has amazing graphics and there is no sign of pixels.

I would have to agree that he is not using the highest settings (OP, put everyting on the highest settings with the highest anti-aliasing and you will have a FAR better looking game) but I think what he really wants is more  of a fantastical game. One that is very heavyily based in fantasy.

So possibly EQ II. I see that he asked about AoC on another forum. That could be an option.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo