Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultima Online: Animal Taming

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com's V D has provided us with his guide to the Animal Training Skill in Ultima Online.

Animal Taming is an important skill to have if you want to have impressive pets beyond ones you can own normally without any special skill required, such as are horses, pack horses, llamas, ridgebacks, beetles, ostards, and swamp dragons. If you have one of these and they go wild, you will be able to re-tame it since it was already yours. Aside from those animals, you need to know Animal Taming in order to own and control pets.

Read Animal Taming

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

When did the Autor tame the last time?

As far as I know you canot tame anything while it is paralyzed and that change is hmm 2-3 years old?

They put in a check that blocked creatures and paralyzed also break the taming attempt - is why peace tamers became a lot more attractive....

For myself I preferred lead taming....

• Enigma20Enigma20 Member Posts: 5

I have a 10 year plus acct. Haven't played in many years, the kids took it over. Can you still tame dragons and wyrms etc?

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

Yes, they actually introduced Greater dragons which use 5 slots and are at the moment the strongest tameables these days.

You can still tame Dragons and white Wyrms.

• Enigma20Enigma20 Member Posts: 5

Sorry for the OT. Is Trammel still as lame as it was about 5 years ago, I really miss the good old days before the Tram/Fel split...... Looking forward to Darkfall. BTW What is the best site to goto to catch up on these last 5 years of UO? Thanks.....