Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

President Obama mistakes window for a door at the White House

ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

We've all seen the press make such a big deal out of how President Bush tried to exit a locked door at a summit meeting in Beijing.  I've heard comedians make fun of him and late night talk show hosts tell jokes about it.  And now we have a "cool" President who tried to walk through a window today.  I can't wait to hear all the jokes that will be told about this one.

That was a joke by the way, we all know it ain't gonna happen.

Comments

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

well, that is pretty damn funny I gotta admit.  But, its not like he threw up on anyone or anything

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857
    Originally posted by Rayx0r

well, that is pretty damn funny I gotta admit.  But, its not like he threw up on anyone or anything

I believe the point was that people reamed Bush at every opportunity, but Golden Boy there could probably get away with murdering someone in cold blood.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

No, no Mr. Obama. The Messiah could walk on water, not through glass you false idol you.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Well at least he didn't pull any funny face like his predecessor.

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

Get off it guys. Seeing the President of the United States, no matter who he is, making an embarrasing mistake is going be prime material for comedians. When the late night "comedians" start making jokes about this (some probably have already done so) I'd like you to reply with an apology for being such an ass. Thank you.

I do find it quite humorous the writer of the article is blaming this on republicans. Sorry, no matter how distracted I have ever been, I can always tell the difference between a door and a window - hinges are a big give away. I bet he would have easily found the door if his teleprompters were around to pull his puppet strings.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

Its funny to see people desperate to attack Obama lol...oh but wait i'm sure you'll all say but people did it to bush! way to drop to their level eh?

Besides i've done the same thing and its pretty funny, Obama will just laugh it off just like Bush laughed off what happened to him.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515
    Originally posted by Zindaihas

We've all seen the press make such a big deal out of how President Bush tried to exit a locked door at a summit meeting in Beijing.  I've heard comedians make fun of him and late night talk show hosts tell jokes about it.  And now we have a "cool" President who tried to walk through a window today.  I can't wait to hear all the jokes that will be told about this one.

Yea exept you foget that Bush has a bit of a history of this sort of thing Obama doesant.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818

Who's betting the MS media will take every opoortunity to cover up any bungle or gaff he makes.  That is until things get worse and worse, although I'm sure no matter what happens in the next 4 or 8 years, EVERY SINGLE problem will be becuase of Bush and those damned Rebublicans.  Its as if Bush enherited this shiny perfect seat in a country on the upswing=) 

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Originally posted by Josher

Who's betting the MS media will take every opoortunity to cover up any bungle or gaff he makes.  That is until things get worse and worse, although I'm sure no matter what happens in the next 4 or 8 years, EVERY SINGLE problem will be becuase of Bush and those damned Rebublicans.  Its as if Bush enherited this shiny perfect seat in a country on the upswing=) 

No need to worry! Fox News to the rescue!

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• silkakcsilkakc Member UncommonPosts: 381

C'mon now.....let's treat President Obama better than the Dems treated President Bush. Please don't act mean and tacky like they did the last 8 years.

Let's be respectful to our new Commander in Chief. It's the RIGHT thing to do.

Originally posted by silkakc

C'mon now.....let's treat President Obama better than the Dems treated President Bush. Please don't act mean and tacky like they did the last 8 years.
    Let's be respectful to our new Commander in Chief. It's the RIGHT thing to do.

I really hope there is sarcasm in this post.

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818
    Originally posted by Briansho

Originally posted by Josher

No need to worry! Fox News to the rescue!

Yup fair and balanced.  At least they actually criticise Rebublicans at the same time as Dems.  Can't deny it.  They do.   But go watch the big 3 at prime time and watch all the Obama nut hugging.  Its been there ever since he entered the race.  We'll see if they turn on him.

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Originally posted by HYPERI0N

Yea exept you foget that Bush has a bit of a history of this sort of thing Obama doesant.

Except you forgot even Bush had his First stupid moment to.. give Obama time :P

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902
    Originally posted by Ekibiogami

Originally posted by HYPERI0N

Except you forgot even Bush had his First stupid moment to.. give Obama time :P

The thing is, Bush raised the bar with stupid president antics and desensitized us.  So Obama walking through a window isnt as funny as the countless things his predecessor did while in office.

Im sure it will change, they put our presidents under a microscope and spin even the simplest mistakes into making them look like baphoons.  Hopefully with Obama it will be no different.  I expect soon enough you'll start seeing comics taking pop shots at him starting with this window incident.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

It does kind of look like a door.

Seems like something I would do :)

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

That window actually looks somewhat like a door.  I could see myself doing that, especially being brand new to the place.

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

The point of the post was not to make fun of Obama, this type of thing happens all the time.  I don't expect it to be the last faux pas Obama makes.  There will be many more.  But will we hear about it in the mainstream media?  Will it be pasted wall to wall on the late night talk shows?  Unlikely.  It was en vogue for comedians to make fun of Bush when he did something like that, even expected by their peers.  But something tells me the liberals in the entertainment and media industries will not capitalize on their guy's embarrassment.

It's not uncommon to mistake a window for a door.  I did it once in high school.  There was a fire drill and as we were exiting the building, I was approaching the exit door.  It was open and reflecting off the window that was next to it.  I swear it made the window look exactly like a door and I headed right for it.  As I got close, it looked a little strange but I still thought it was a door.  So I kept on walking.  Bam!  Right into it.  My friends never had such a good laugh.

Anyway, at least Bush tried to go through an actual door.  It just happened to be locked.  Obama tried to walk through a window.

Originally posted by Mysk

That window actually looks somewhat like a door.  I could see myself doing that, especially being brand new to the place.

You know, doors have these things called hinges - you can see them quite easily in the picture. Windows don't - on the outside anyways.

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811
    Originally posted by Dekron

You know, doors have these things called hinges - you can see them quite easily in the picture. Windows don't - on the outside anyways.

That is why we let you worry about hinges, and want Obama to worry about somewhat more important things.

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

Well if there were...

1. Video footage of this instead of one far away photo.

2. Obama turnin' around, making a dumb face and turning the mistake into a photo-op.

3. Obama not being such a cool dude.

...I'm sure there'd be room for people to laugh and make fun of it.

This reminds me of the debate with McCain though and the both of 'em standing infront of the teleprompter. McCain was probably MORE in the way but Obama was definitely in the way too, or was on the verge of doing so. Obama didn't do some stupid jig and tongue sticking out thing though when told to move, he simply moved, and McCain made a spectacle out of himself.

The guy is cool; Bush's first few years were chronicled in Bushisms and pretzel incidents, it's not the same.

• TykeroTykero Member Posts: 349

The back-and-forth hyper-critical hypocrisy that exists between both sides is terribly embarassing. This topic is a prime example.

*Republican makes a mistake.*

Democrats: WHAT A DUMBASS OMG MEDIA COVERUP BLASDLFSF

Republicans: Hey now you stop it it's just a mistake.

*Democrat makes a mistake.*

Republicans: WHAT A DUMBASS OMG MEDIA COVERUP BLASDLFSF

Democrats: Hey now you stop it it's just a mistake.

Come on guys.

-

Originally posted by altairzq

That is why we let you worry about hinges, and want Obama to worry about somewhat more important things.

Like pulling his head out of his ass? 

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Originally posted by altairzq

Like pulling his head out of his ass? 

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• VishiAnandVishiAnand Member Posts: 239

is it just me, or is president obama is kinda weird. remember the his presidential oath taking? i think he's nervous or something.