Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just want to "THROW" this out there. In regards to the bush shoe throw

I came across this article at CNN.com today, and remembered the large thread that was on these forums about a month ago in regards to the shoes thrown at president bush. 

Look what these Iraqi's did for that man- www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/01/29/iraq.shoe.monument/index.html

What if Paul Revere was like the boy who cried wolf....?

Originally posted by Hazmal

What does he say when people ask what he did? "My mommy was irking me yo - I wanted to keep pwning nubs on my xbox, so I roughed her up with a hardshell. That is just how I roll."

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

They really love that man..............I wouldn't even have bothered personally, and I am not certainly an admirer of GWB.

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

It was unveiled at an orphanage so this quote sort of made me chuckle:

"When the next generation sees the shoe monument, they will ask their parents about it," al-Naseri said.

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

Bush failed America with the shoe throw business, he let a shoe touch the American flag..he should have been protecting it! =P

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• DaragothDaragoth Member Posts: 48

While I don't agree with throwing a shoe at a world leader, the simple fact that this even took place goes to show how much has changed in Iraq.  Had this happened in 2002 under Sadam the only thing that man would have gotten was an unmarked grave.

Daragoth

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill

• frodusfrodus Member Posts: 2,396

Glad to see they got 5k to spend on a shoe..

Trade in material assumptions for spiritual facts and make permanent progress.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Dodging that shoe is about the only thing he is going to be able to dodge once history is done with him.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902
    Originally posted by Briansho

Dodging that shoe is about the only thing he is going to be able to dodge once history is done with him.

Actually I think the worst is behind Bush.  I think in 10 or 20 years he'll be remembered as the man who got us into Iraq and gave us a military staging ground in the middle east

It will be a while though before people stop comparing future presidents to him though.  Good or Bad.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • hvc801hvc801 Member Posts: 987
    Originally posted by grunty

The shoe has now been removed.

Oh thats fucked up...

What if Paul Revere was like the boy who cried wolf....?

Originally posted by Hazmal

What does he say when people ask what he did? "My mommy was irking me yo - I wanted to keep pwning nubs on my xbox, so I roughed her up with a hardshell. That is just how I roll."

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Silly Iraqis, trying to be too politically correct..............

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Originally posted by ste2000

Silly Iraqis, trying to be too politically correct..............

First Its Mexicans Stealling Our Jobs, Now we have Iraqis Stealling Our Over Zellus Politicaly correct Crap.. What Next :P

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

"I did take the shoe down immediately and destroyed it, and I did not ask why,"

Think visions of dismemberment crossed his mind briefly?

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

From the article on removing the momument:

"The head of the Childhood organisation, which owns the orphanage, said she had been told to remove the monument immediately by the Salaheddin Provincial Joint Coordination Centre. "

Well, I'm glad to see that Bush has successfully sown the seeds of democracy in Iraq as evidenced here, and it appears as if "democracy" will last for a long, long, LONG time in this country, well worth the 4,000 American lives lost there. So nice to see the Iraqi parliament and President standing up for rights of the people to free expression there after the long struggle against censorship and oppression under Saddam.

Not.

If these morons can't figure out that THAT is the very essence of democracy, they haven't had very good teachers and don't deserve it.