Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IL Gov

FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247

OK...  help me understand here because I'm really starting to think the hypocrits on the left are pretending this didn't happen today...

I just heard Gov. of Illinois say that the WHOLE IDEA to sell the seat was Rhambo's.   (Obama's chief of staff, NYT said he's the 2nd most powerful man in the world...ya, that guy)

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.   you hypocrits silent on this shit but palin was crusified eh?

hypocrits, all.

Comments

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

Link please or some other form of supporting info for us mere Mortals.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

lol we ARE talking about liberals here...

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• VishiAnandVishiAnand Member Posts: 239

59-0, thats the count. IL Gov is voted out from office. I hope we can have this kind of straightforward action in my country.

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

Rahm Emanuel is above this and I have heard various reports that he may have even reported the Governor when he got a whiff of it. All of this will come out when the Federal Trial begins and I think people will be suprised that the Governor, though a Douche Bag, won't get in any serious trouble.

Should he be kicked out of Office? Yes. Did he do anything Criminal? Possibly. Does he deserve to be remembered as the monster he is being painted as? I don't think so.

A lot of the evidence released so far ahead of the Federal Trial seems to indicate that he was expecting various donations and such, but none of the tapes show the actual criminal act of demanding something in return.

After watching 3 seasons of Brotherhood it's hard to believe any Governor wouldn't view a Senate Appointment as an opportunity. They'd be stupid not to. However they should keep their thoughts to themselves or at least phrase them a little more PC and above all not attempt any personal gain from it outside of what they could do for the state. Wheeling and Dealing is the name of the game, and though most people despise it, they also seem to support it with their vote.

• VemoiVemoi Member Posts: 1,546
    Originally posted by HYPERI0N

Link please or some other form of supporting info for us mere Mortals.

Hehe.... turn on the TV