Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: Adding the Choppa and the Slayer

2»

Comments

• CenCalCenCal Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by Noktaris
    So many complainers...Why not move on to some other game if you obviously aren't satisfied with Warhammer?   Mythic finally adding the last 2 classes is good news. I'm sure once all classes are in the game they can then evaluate and balance everything accordingly.
    What I don't understand is why WAR chooses to further alienate players that want the game to succeed as it was advertised and continue to to look the other way on legitimate problems by adding more classes that STILL need balancing. Isn't that what testing is for?
    I guess they are hoping that the new classes will distract the players from what really needs fixing such as,bugs,exploits, ORvR and scenario balance all need attention ASAP for this game to continue to hold subs, not just more characters to distract them from the problems.
  • bewickedbewicked Member Posts: 82
    Originally posted by John.A.Zoid

In WoW i can pick a priest and play 3 different roles and the spells and skills are so much fun to use, like Shadow Priest looks badass. However you don't have any of that in WAR or EQ2 and in WAR the particle effects look bad, just do the horrible /special which are all just bad. In WAR and EQ2 you had a handful of classes in each archetypes where you played one role so you only ever did one thing all the time and there was no fun spells and that so I found it boring. You arn't allowed to switch classes in each archetype...... i dunno I just wish'd they merged the archetypes together cause less is more.

Hate to break your spirits there Mr. Zoid, but this is'nt WoW, its WAR there laddie.. I could care less what WoW has over WAR, but you seem to think EQ2 and WAR is WoW. If you are doing a comparison though with MMO's EQ2 has way more PvE content than WoW and WAR has more PvP concepts than WoW. All WoW has is a nice structure for PvE gear scripted raiding system <rinse and repeat> and a new user friendly system. There is nothing difficult about WoW which to me makes it less challenging.

Currently Playing: AO and FE.

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866

yes its true wow does offer more option with each class but theres also so terrible imbalances in those classes which have nothing to do with how good or bad the player is . i retrurned for the lich king and after a few weeks of endgame i realised how broken warcraft pvpv  is at the moment . thats not to say it ll not be like that forever but if like me you enjoy the pvp side of the game warcraft is quite simply unplayable at the momnet . which is the reason i ve returned to warhammer for a second time . ok its maybe not got the depth of wow in lots of respects but it is far more accessable and a lot more fun than the mess wow has become . i dont ever see warhammer being any more than a niche game but its a decent niche game . of course if you prefer to do the same instance in warcraft over and over again or dp the same daily quests to get some item that will be obsolete in a year or two or head into a battleground ( or wintersgrasp if you can stand the 20 second lag )where your likely to last only a few seconds against a rogue,paladon or deathknight  then warcraft is the game for you .

i ve played wow on and off for 4 years now i ve never seen it in such a bad state pvp wise .

• AbisbowaAbisbowa Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by googajoob7

yes its true wow does offer more option with each class but theres also so terrible imbalances in those classes which have nothing to do with how good or bad the player is . i retrurned for the lich king and after a few weeks of endgame i realised how broken warcraft pvpv  is at the moment . thats not to say it ll not be like that forever but if like me you enjoy the pvp side of the game warcraft is quite simply unplayable at the momnet . which is the reason i ve returned to warhammer for a second time . ok its maybe not got the depth of wow in lots of respects but it is far more accessable and a lot more fun than the mess wow has become . i dont ever see warhammer being any more than a niche game but its a decent niche game . of course if you prefer to do the same instance in warcraft over and over again or dp the same daily quests to get some item that will be obsolete in a year or two or head into a battleground ( or wintersgrasp if you can stand the 20 second lag )where your likely to last only a few seconds against a rogue,paladon or deathknight  then warcraft is the game for you .
    i ve played wow on and off for 4 years now i ve never seen it in such a bad state pvp wise .

It's true WAR doesn't have the depth that WoW has, but if you will recall, WoW wasn't always so deep. I started playing at launch and I remember when the endgame was raiding UBRS, and PVP was if you happened to see an opposing faction member who was flagged. WAR is only a few months old, it needs time to get it's legs underneath it.

• warrorwarror Member Posts: 270

Introducing the slayer and choppa is a great idea. Going to be alot of get to the choppa jokes though =).

My question is what arch type is a slayer because it is different from a choppa in that a choppa has more armor. It seems to be a melee, low armor and  high dps. Are they counterparts to each other or are they counter parts to other destro and order toons?

• SonGokulSonGokul Member UncommonPosts: 26

I just hate most of the ppl in this forumfor the way they give arguments.Most of their post dosen't make any sense...."yes its true wow does offer more option"-  What really ?Are you making a commercial or somthing mate?!

"It's true WAR doesn't have the depth that WoW has, but if you will recall, WoW wasn't always so deep."???? PLease guys and  some of lthe others  ppl.... (Zoid)-stop playing games for couple of weeks (I do it too sometimes when i start  talking nonsense ).I won't start complaining about Wow(PVE>PVP game) and

WAR (PVP>=PVE game)they are different and DEAL WITH THAT .

I'm not sure that some of you will understand ,this is not abuse against you ppl.It's just bizzar I fill like someone post a comment and then right after this he log with other acc and post the same thing again ... What were you thinking O_o guys, do you actually read the answers of the gamers ?!They were 3-4 post saying the same thing over and over again : Wow is great WAR sucks;WAR sucks WOW is great and etc ......Sh** make them 10000 for the past 6 months .

BTW Ubral great reply !

• murttrummurttrum Member Posts: 1

I registered for these forums because of this thread.

I can't believe how many negative nancies are trolling around looking for places to bash WAR. If you people don't still play WAR, maybe you don't realize the amount of work that has been put into this game since launch. It's a work in progress, constantly being updated and improved. This game has been out for 4 months and so many of  you are whining about how its not on the same level as WoW. Why? How many years does WoW have under its belt? Not to mention you're compairing a pve game to a pvp game.

For those of you who crying about the current classes not being balanced.. do you get rolled alot? Do you solo queue and only run with pugs in rvr? I've been playing since launch, I have 3 characters at lvl 40, and 2 in the mid 20's. I play destruction, and I don't see this problem. This game is based on group combat, not dueling. Every class has a role, and an advantage over another class. Our server is pretty balanced, there has only been one successful fortress sack and it wasn't destruction who did it. Learn to play as a team, learn your classes role, and for cryin out loud get on vent with the people you're playing with. If you're still dieing constantly and complaining of things not being balanced, just admit that you suck and find a new game.

On to the topic of character depth and versatility. Every class has 3 mastery paths and each allows the player to play their character a little differently. You're not going to turn a healing-archtype class into a tank, but there is versatility. Try playing a class or 2 up to level 40 and checking out the different paths, you might be surprised.

Warhammer Online is growing by leaps and bounds in a very short amount of time. It has a very strong, very dedicated fan base. A lot of us spend so much time playing and enjoying this game, that we don't have time to come to every forum and explain how the game works. I haven't met a single person in game who is complaining about the release of more classes. It has been quite the opposite reaction. The number 1 reason I see people leaving WAR, is because they've finished Lost Vale and the rvr is so balanced that we can't see a city attack in the near future on either side. The introduction of this new Darkness Falls type rvr dungeon is just what many of us have been waiting for.

WAR may never achieve the sheer number of subscribers as WoW, but I say it's for the better. I played WoW for several years and the fan base didn't impress me at all (just look at 1/2 the posts on this thread to see what I'm talking about). Almost everyone I know in WAR is age 21-50, we don't have to deal with as much immaturity.. we can curse and have adult conversations without people crying and reporting us. I'm in for the long haul, this game is only getting better.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

WAAAAAAAAGH!!!

YES! The Choppa is back!  I might have to leave DAoC again to give WAR another try.  Only reason I really left WAR in the first place was because I was disappointed that there wasn't any Choppa to go hack little dorfs into littler pieces

As to Murt above me, yeah what you say is true, but that's what you get when you have 12 year olds playing games with death involved (thanks WoW).  I don't mind dying at all, that's why I wanted to be a Choppa ever since this game was announced.  Who cares about dying if I take 3 or 4 of you with me...I can see the crybabies now though.  OMG choppa is imba!  The fact is choppa is supposed to be imba, it's offensive powerhouse, not some shield toting pansy.  It should be the focus fire of all groups   I thought it was common sense to kill the highest damage/lowest defense person first, except maybe for a healer...

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Good for them (Mythic). Kudos. Too little, too late to save my sub but I am sure a lot of folks will love these.

• OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636

Originally posted by Player_420
    So with NO CLASS BALANCE WHAT-SO-EVER in this game after all this time... They decide to roll out ANOTHER 2 classes, WITHOUT BALANCING KNNIGHT OF THE BLAZING SUN OR THE BLACK GUARD
    on top of that, no personal RvR freedom, cause now you'll just get kicked out.
    Just like DAoC, this game has gone from good to bad....and i spent all those months in closed beta for them to ruin the game I love.

There's nothing wrong with the balancing in WAR...just because you get pawned it's not a balance issue...

And on the note of the rvr freedom it's not a big deal imho, the guys who can't enter the fortressfight get less lag and can fight the reinforcements by the zone border, as somone always should be doing anyhow...

• local93bclocal93bc Member Posts: 353

Hopfully the slayer will be like the We is to destruction. 

The choppa will probly feel like the WHunter id hope........

• 7Fold7Fold Member Posts: 318

WAR's appeal to me is the pvp and lack of a real MMO time sink. I doubt there's many people here playing WAR who hasnt played or at least tryed WOW. I myself am having a good time playing WAR. As my main I have a level 40 Shadow Warrior  with 43 renown.

I think WOW in an incredible game, and I had a real blast playing the game. Only Ultima Online kept my attention longer than WOW in which I played from launch till 06 or for two years. But like most games sometimes we get burnt out on the game. As much as I love WOW and think its a great game, I personally am burnt out on it. I dont think thats that hard to understand.

WAR provides a nice casual outlet on MMO's... Personally these days I thought I was done with MMO's because of the massive time sink they require. In WAR I can log in and within 5 minutes be either pvping in a scenerio or in a massive RvR battle. Its perfect for me. Once I got out of college and got working, I find that I just dont have the time to spend 20+ hours a week playing MMO's. The time it takes to organize a raid and get anything going in WOW requires much more time than in WAR. And thats a big positive for me

Is it perfect? Nope... But for us casual gamers we hope that they can fix the bugs and keep adding content because we cant go back to hardcore time sink games, and at the moment theres not many you can progress as fast as in WAR and just log in and start playing the fun stuff without requiring bashing 50,000 rats first to compete. I think its awesome that you can create a level 1 character and pop right into a pvp scenerio and actually get experience from it.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

Good to hear that all the classes will be in.

Now lets hope the other cities will be in before Xmas '09 and were golden.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I'm also glad they are finally adding these classes.

To the contrary of what some people seem to think, adding these new classes means they can now focus on balancing the game as a whole, and focusing on other things. Not the other way around.

Trying to balance the game fully with 2 classes still missing would be a disaster.

To those still interested enough in the game to flame it, but not enough to actually play it, take a step back, and actually give it some time to develope before you decide to go back and judge it some more. WoW wasnt' built in a day either, and they are better funded / staffed.

edit: Also, about the classes being bland, while it is most definitely a matter of opinion, it really depends on how you look at the classes and which classes you look at.

For example, the Bright Wizard / Sorcerer mirrors are very much like the mage class from WoW fractured into 2 classes. The BW being quite similar to a pyromage, the Sorc similar to a frost mage (both in spell types, and functionality). One focusing more on DPS, the other on more CC. Using this example, some might think this makes the classes more bland / watered down, as you need to play 2 classes to get the same experience as 1 mage from WoW. However, conversly, one might also see it as having even more customization than what WoW offers from the mage, since within each focus you have multiple masteries which further micro manage the class.

Other classes, like the WE / WH, are almost identical to their WoW counterparts, and some (like the Archmage / engineer) can play multiple different rolls not common to their archetype. Archmage (healer, support dps, debuff / support) Engineer (DD / spiker, AoE / pressure, Disruption / Support). These, I think it's much harder to argue, are equal if not more diverse than similar classes from WoW.

While it's also true that there are some classes / masteries (especially on Order) that still need to be looked at / re-evaluated, stating that they are all bland is not as much a product of the game as it is the beholder.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984
    Originally posted by local93bc

Hopfully the slayer will be like the We is to destruction. 

The choppa will probly feel like the WHunter id hope........

They will feel like their own classes, and they will feel like each other, I assume, not like any of the classes currently available. They did refer to the Slayers as "the counter" to the Choppas, in the newsletter.

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787
    Originally posted by Farandir

Originally posted by neonwire

Originally posted by Channce

Ok, so I'll look at the game again in June, but I am not playing paid beta anymore.

....but if you look at the game again in June thats exactly what you will be doing as the game still isnt going to be at a stage of completion by then. Missing cities?

Trolling several threads I notice.

Several? I'm trolling a hell of a lot more than that

• FarandirFarandir Member UncommonPosts: 111

Ok, so I'll look at the game again in June, but I am not playing paid beta anymore.

....but if you look at the game again in June thats exactly what you will be doing as the game still isnt going to be at a stage of completion by then. Missing cities?

Geez, you really need to get a hobby, or some IRL friends.

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

I have those too. I can multi-task

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

As I read things Choppa & Slayer are going to be the most "mirror like" to each other classes in the game, they have the exact same mechanic, are both dual-wield & 2hander capable Medium Armor classes & their dps will start off as about where a Marauder's/White Lion's is & as they increase in rage/berserk will reach close to a Witch Elf/Witch Hunter's but not quite match it.

As they increase in rage/berserk they will become increasingly softer targets, 50% rage/berserk was described as the point after which they increasingly become more vulnerable.

They will be classes that are easier to play than most others, but players will have to choose to either "play it safe" & rage-dump to not become too vulnerable to damage, or go truly Berserk & dish out serious pain but accept higher & higher risk for it.

I think they will prove to be a very enjoyable class to play, but they wont come with "IWIN" buttons, managing the build up on rage/berserk to best suit the situation giving them some depth.

• lilwinslilwins Member Posts: 114

I have those too. I can multi-task

You're terrible at trolling, want me to show you how it's done there sport? Trolls don't say they are trolling or that they are trolls first of all.

• CenCalCenCal Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by Player_420
    So with NO CLASS BALANCE WHAT-SO-EVER in this game after all this time... They decide to roll out ANOTHER 2 classes, WITHOUT BALANCING KNNIGHT OF THE BLAZING SUN OR THE BLACK GUARD
    on top of that, no personal RvR freedom, cause now you'll just get kicked out.
    Just like DAoC, this game has gone from good to bad....and i spent all those months in closed beta for them to ruin the game I love.

My thoughts exactly. Don't forget the ongoing bugs and exploits. I wish they would have fixed the game they sold me BEFORE adding new problems to fix. Account..... canceled.