Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still glitchy running

I got LOTRO back when it came out and canceled because the animation while running was always "glitchy".  Almost like constant lag in the running animation.  Didnt have problems with lag in combat or anything like that but had it with the running animation.  It drove me nuts and I ended up cancelling my sub. 

I have since gotten a new PC last May and wanted to know if anyone else expeirenced this if it's gone or if you think it might be gone with the new PC.

Comments

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330

The running has always been fine for me.  I played in Beta, quit for a long time and recently re-subed 2 months ago.  The running seems exactly the same to me.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Originally posted by TeranHawkins

I got LOTRO back when it came out and canceled because the animation while running was always "glitchy".  Almost like constant lag in the running animation.  Didnt have problems with lag in combat or anything like that but had it with the running animation.  It drove me nuts and I ended up cancelling my sub. 
    I have since gotten a new PC last May and wanted to know if anyone else expeirenced this if it's gone or if you think it might be gone with the new PC.

Well, I've never had it so I don't know what you mean. Been running beautifully for me and I have everything on the highest settings.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

The running, well, I haven't paid that much attention to whether the animation looked glitchy.  Honestly, I rarely look at my own character, but that's me.  My only complaint graphically would be the armor.  As it has been said a thousand times, it is pretty lame.  I'm talking armor, not outfit costumes, they look fine.

• CartographyCartography Member UncommonPosts: 331

Don't bother asking anyone here about the horrible hitching that LoTRO has. Sure, everyone here of course has it running beautifully on the highest settings... but one trip to the official forums, specifically troubleshooting... you'll see that hundreds of people still have hitching problems. I'd suggest going there and reading some of the solutions and workarounds that are posted. It won't fix your problem 100%, but it may make playing the game a little more tolerable.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by logicbox9

Don't bother asking anyone here about the horrible hitching that LoTRO has. Sure, everyone here of course has it running beautifully on the highest settings... but one trip to the official forums, specifically troubleshooting... you'll see that hundreds of people still have hitching problems. I'd suggest going there and reading some of the solutions and workarounds that are posted. It won't fix your problem 100%, but it may make playing the game a little more tolerable.

The game loads things shortly before you encounter them for the most part. I occasionally have hitching, but it goes away after running around for about 5 minutes after a first load up.

It’s not that bad, and goes away after you run around for a bit, and its not ANYTHING like i used to be, at all. So if you haven't played recently, i have to say, you don't know what your talking about.

As far as what the OP is talking about, i don't think he means hitching, its most likely that his animation quality is set to low, That's the only thing i can think of that would degrade the quality of any animations in the game, in fact on anything but high, animations do look like every 5th frame or so has been removed (it in the options).

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

Originally posted by logicbox9

Well that's the point isn't it?

Why is it when players have issues they immediately go to some game forum when they should be contacting support?

It's true that people have issues with the game. Heck, after one patch I couldn't play it on my computer and had to make a second account on the computer which only then allowed me to see the servers.

But sometimes I think that people just want to whine and complain about bad performance without ever addressing technical support. That's why it's there! It's technical support.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• infensisinfensis Member Posts: 35

Yes - it is still there.  I see this often.  A person will run by me and almost appear to be skipping by.  Not a fluid movement.  Happens all over - not exclusive to cities.

Doesn't bother me all that much though.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Originally posted by infensis

Yes - it is still there.  I see this often.  A person will run by me and almost appear to be skipping by.  Not a fluid movement.  Happens all over - not exclusive to cities.

That is actually their PC lagging cause they can't handle the game properly or have the settings too high!  I run this game in DX10 on Ultra High and I never experience what has been said above in this thread but from time to time I do see the skipping of other players.  Some have even been friends and they tell me its their PC lagging cause its not good enough for the settings they're trying to run....or even on lowest possible they can just barely handle LOTRO.

...and yeah there are gonna be tons of players out there trying to run games they can't and in result think its the game having severe issues.  I used to be a cable installer and PC tech and I saw it many times everyday of customers that have absolutely no clue what their PC can handle or what it ever is or has in it.  Usually when u ask these type of people you get a response like, "oh its a dell or gateway or IBM."  thats says nothing except you bought a crappy overpriced PC....ROFL

Originally posted by Khrymson

That is actually their PC lagging cause they can't handle the game properly or have the settings too high!  I run this game in DX10 on Ultra High and I never experience what has been said above in this thread but from time to time I do see the skipping of other players.  Some have even been friends and they tell me its their PC lagging cause its not good enough for the settings they're trying to run....or even on lowest possible they can just barely handle LOTRO.

...and yeah there are gonna be tons of players out there trying to run games they can't and in result think its the game having severe issues.  I used to be a cable installer and PC tech and I saw it many times everyday of customers that have absolutely no clue what their PC can handle or what it ever is or has in it.  Usually when u ask these type of people you get a response like, "oh its a dell or gateway or IBM."  thats says nothing except you bought a crappy overpriced PC....ROFL

That's sort of along the lines of what I sometimes thing. Many times I've seen players complain about performance only for them to list what they have and "yes" of course they are having performance issues, their machines need to be updated!

Also, sometimes it's connection issues as well.

• beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

This game isnt very efficient at loading textures and if you have a slow hard drive you will get hitching. You also need to play with the advanced options a bit if you wnat to get the game running fine.

Then again the haters will prolly never try this game.

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.

• RespitRespit Member Posts: 770

As Bloodworth mentioned, there is a setting in Advanced Video Options that will do this exact thing.

Also, it was mentioned that the best place for info or help, would be the official forums.

To the OP, "Almost like constant lag in the running animation." Well, that sounds exactly like what you called it, lag. I would say that Turbine has pretty much hammered out any server lag on their end since launch.

Enough for now, have to get back to the drama over on the DF forums.

DarkFall FAQ - Read then Question with Boldness