Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ehh really need an mmorpg

SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Still waiting for Aion to come out so need an mmorpg till Aion comes out, was thinking of a couple games

My sig shows what mmorpg i loved

i like a good mix of PVP,PVE..i dont really mind grinding...also game must be p2p unless the f2p is mega epic

Which of thies games should i play?

pros cons

emmm all of theis games i have played less than a month

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

Comments

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

a reason would be nice :D

• beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

Personally if its just to wait till aion i'd say guild wars. Cheap and got all the content you need.

I dislike all hte games you mention (despise is more accurate for aoc), and i'm still waiting to grab a war trial.

If you want a good game try lotro, the pvp atm isnt great but next book ( big patch) which should come in a month or two will revamp the pvp system.

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.

Originally posted by beaverz

Personally if its just to wait till aion i'd say guild wars. Cheap and got all the content you need.
    I dislike all hte games you mention (despise is more accurate for aoc), and i'm still waiting to grab a war trial.
    If you want a good game try lotro, the pvp atm isnt great but next book ( big patch) which should come in a month or two will revamp the pvp system.

never really liked guildwars, hmm lotoro i want to play but dont want to spend £30 to buy its, all thies other games i own just need to renew sub

• Unicorns_PwnUnicorns_Pwn Member Posts: 427

Guild Wars was a decent setup in most regards but the one thing that always got me was a lack of z axis movement. It's not so much that I wanted to hop around like a retard as much as watching my character path around really small 3 inch  indentations on the ground which made an invisible inpenetrable barrier. Also It wouldn't have hurt if some of the male characters looked a bit less feminine.

• i like guild wars alot but i guess try just wait.

Originally posted by AuinCodin

i like guild wars alot but i guess try just wait.

huh?

• Well, since you mentioned EQ, I would rule that one out as far as your parameters only because starting fresh would take a while to get to high levels and population is low. For PvE there is plenty to do, but you may find yourself rather lonely at times.

Warhammer has some of the most simplistic PvE in the genre. PvP is always there, but once you cap you may find it repetetive fighting same battles and scenarios every night. Not a bad game, but not very robust when it comes to content at this time.

AoC has improved with performance, but I can't vouch for a good server. I haven't played in a couple months and not sure how the action is at this time.

SWG is well...still there. Much lower pops than before yet when I poke my head in now and then I do see some people, just nothing like it was.

It really comes down to what you want to take a chance on. For content SWG and EQ...just because they have had a long time to add new content. AoC is improving as is Warhammer. War to me is just far to repeptetive at this time to warrant the monthly fee.