Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do shaman still suck in PvP?

I left WOW after creating a DK to match my wife's Ret Pally....I then realized how unbalanced the game was in PvP (i actually knew that all the time....).

The reason we went Pally/DK and dropped our shaman (Enhancement/elemental) was for PvP.....shaman just could not do what other classes could....KILL and LIVE!

Have shaman, enhancement and elemental gotten any better or are they still considered free HK?

Comments

• meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

I am thinking of going back if they have improved.....

• WycliffeWycliffe Member Posts: 354

I left WoW about half a year ago and share your concerns about PvP balance. Arenas killed the game for me, not entirely opposed to the idea but the emphasis on it just ruined game mechanics throughout BC. In BGs my elemental shaman was fine, if not amazing, able to do serious damage while providing great support to nearby allies. Even in 5v5 it wasn't terrible, but in 2v2... honestly I don't want to think about it. My sl/sl lock on the otherhand  

I miss the TM shuffle.

Yep, I agree, there is no class balance and then they create the Arena which just capitalizes on the imbalance of the classes......guess nothing has really changed.

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

www.sk-gaming.com/wowteam/us/127/42206-Two%20Step

That Shaman / Hunter team is ranked number 13 in the world.

In the WORLD...

They are ranked #2 in their battlegroup.

Shaman's themselves are balanced, they are just so completely different to other classes that a lot of people try to play them like priests or druids or something.  

Paladins get played more because you can Tank / DPS / Heal in their respective specs, where as Shamans are more of a Support / DPS / Heal class.

That doesn't make the unbalanced, it just doesn't occur to the casual masses how to make them own like a straightforward class.

L2P applies here.

Oh by the way, people will always argue about class balance.   Always.   People even argue about it in Team Fortress 2 for gods sake :p

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• MwajiMwaji Member Posts: 229
    Originally posted by Recant

www.sk-gaming.com/wowteam/us/127/42206-Two%20Step
    That Shaman / Hunter team is ranked number 13 in the world.
    In the WORLD...
    They are ranked #2 in their battlegroup.

Shaman's themselves are balanced, they are just so completely different to other classes that a lot of people try to play them like priests or druids or something.  
    Paladins get played more because you can Tank / DPS / Heal in their respective specs, where as Shamans are more of a Support / DPS / Heal class.
    That doesn't make the unbalanced, it just doesn't occur to the casual masses how to make them own like a straightforward class.
    L2P applies here.

Oh by the way, people will always argue about class balance.   Always.   People even argue about it in Team Fortress 2 for gods sake :p

And he is resto, which is the only viable spec for Shammy in Arena atm, stand back and heal, taking in all servers they are still a minority and DKs have 3 viable specs not just one. Shaman used to be completely differant until Blizz gave away the playstyle to DKs and put them in heavy plate. Cherry picking the one shaman in a list full of Paly DK set ups is hardly class balance, not to take away from a skillful Hunter/Shaman team, they obviously earned it. On the other hand That warlock above him is amazing, to go so far with the most nerfed class.

Yea, ok...L2P, sure......

I have learned to play my Enhancement and Elemental specs.....I DO NOT want to be a heal b!tch!!!!

So, I should have put more emphasis on the elemental and enhancement part.....thanks for the input though.

• QilinQilin Member Posts: 18

Considering shamans being an ultimate pvp class in old school, they suck but not "still".  

If you are looking for something like that rolling a Druid is a better option atm.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Wotlk really mixed up things in term of class roles and effectiveness.  Shaman are not great in arena, plain and simple.  Resto is really the most effective tree, specially in 3s, followed by elemental.  People complain that elemental sucks in pvp.  Well, it does, if you give up all your sp for resilience which most players do.  The fact of the matter is, elemental can still be strong if it isn't focused on.  BUT burst dps is too strong atm to make elemental a viable build.  Truth be told, shaman are probably the worst healer for arena atm.  But that will change once burst damage gets altered.  Paladins are the best healers atm because of bubble and they wear plate.  Priest are second for their great utiltiy.  Of course, you get these amazing players every now and then that can blow away any competition because they are just so damn good.  Unfortunately for Shaman, it takes extra effort to achieve this.

Originally posted by meleemadness

I have learned to play my Enhancement and Elemental specs.....I DO NOT want to be a heal b!tch!!!!

So, I should have put more emphasis on the elemental and enhancement part.....thanks for the input though.

Don't you love being told to L2P by some noob scrub who probably hasn't cleared a single major raid or ever had an Arena rating above 1100?

• QilinQilin Member Posts: 18

I think druids are better than priests for healing in arena because of their mobility and survivability. And they've got many HoT spells. 

Btw these e-peen arguments make you seem like nerds.

regards

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586
    Originally posted by Mwaji

Don't you love being told to L2P by some noob scrub who probably hasn't cleared a single major raid or ever had an Arena rating above 1100?

Considering the ratings default at 1500 I would say I have :p

I bet you get lost in Ironforge.

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

Originally posted by Recant

Originally posted by Mwaji

Considering the ratings default at 1500 I would say I have :p

I bet you get lost in Ironforge.

1500 is the reset when they restart Arenas

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Feathermoon&n=Priime

{ Mod Edit }