Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

when does this come out?

cajun47cajun47 Member Posts: 73

?

Comments

• kb056kb056 Member CommonPosts: 423

I believe the timeline for release that Lee talked about when Alpha hit was about 1 year from start of Alpha. Alpha started little over 3 months ago. Look for a possible release around mid summer next year.

They are taking thier time and doing it right. Fe will not be a 1/2 finished or broken game when released.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by kb056

I believe the timeline for release that Lee talked about when Alpha hit was about 1 year from start of Alpha. Alpha started little over 3 months ago. Look for a possible release around mid summer next year.
    They are taking thier time and doing it right. Fe will not be a 1/2 finished or broken game when released.

We can only hope.  There isn't a whole lot to look forward to anymore. . .

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • kavlikavli Member UncommonPosts: 82

Been looking forward to this game a really long time now!

Sadly my patience is running to an end..

Will this game ever be released?

image[/URL]

• HazmalHazmal Member CommonPosts: 1,013
    Originally posted by kavli

Been looking forward to this game a really long time now!
    Sadly my patience is running to an end..
    Will this game ever be released?

The game just reached the content complete milestone back in late summer.  If you don't have patience to allow them to conduct proper Alpha phase testing and Beta phase testing I don't think the game will miss you.  Not to sound too rude, but hey impatience is annoying.

------------------
    Originally posted by javac

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/218865/page/8

• cjdjcjdj Member Posts: 18

Yeah theyve just started the beta phase so I think it will be coming some time soon, well by soon I mean 09 probably. Either way though I would rather have a fully finished game come out 2 years from now than a hunk of crap come out 6 months from now, for example that atrocity AOC. I was looking forward to aoc for about 2 years and when they released it prematurely it was practicly painful to play unless you had a good guild wich was the only thing that kept me going for the 3 months I played.

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

I don't think they have actually started the beta yet, cjdj.  I believe their still in alpha testing.

• HazmalHazmal Member CommonPosts: 1,013
    Originally posted by Signe

I don't think they have actually started the beta yet, cjdj.  I believe their still in alpha testing.

Yes, the game is currently in Alpha testing phase.  It was content complete over the summer. 

------------------
    Originally posted by javac

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/218865/page/8

• irisjingjingirisjingjing Member Posts: 5

proper Alpha phase testing and Beta phase testing is necessary. i think i can wait and hope the waiting  will be worthy!

• tboxtbox Member Posts: 372

2009 or 2010 ?

• AllepAllep Member Posts: 6

Hopefully 2009.  Read the state of the game posted on 1/13/09, linked up right down there.

vvvvvvv

forums.fallenearth.com/fallenearth/showthread.php

If you don't feel like reading, one small portion toward the end says, "The team has done amazing work this past year and we are mere months away from showing off our baby to the world."

• shaon94shaon94 Member Posts: 41

Keep an eye on the fact they just started external alpha at the end of last year.  If you look at when others started their alpha testing and apply it to this game you are looking at a closed beta in about 4-5 months with open beta starting about 7+ months from now.  We should see this released this year, but a lot is going to depend on  how well their Alpha trials go.  If the Alpha Trial drags into July you may not see it released until first quarter next year. 

This is, of course, rough speculation.  I am only basing this on what I have seen from other games in the past .  This also depends on how long they keep it in beta to work out bugs. As we saw in 2008 releasing a game full of bugs is not likely going to keep people around for long.  Tabula Rasa, AOC.

• SXRchosen1SXRchosen1 Member Posts: 179
    Originally posted by shaon94

Keep an eye on the fact they just started external alpha at the end of last year.  If you look at when others started their alpha testing and apply it to this game you are looking at a closed beta in about 4-5 months with open beta starting about 7+ months from now.  We should see this released this year, but a lot is going to depend on  how well their Alpha trials go.  If the Alpha Trial drags into July you may not see it released until first quarter next year. 
    This is, of course, rough speculation.  I am only basing this on what I have seen from other games in the past .  This also depends on how long they keep it in beta to work out bugs. As we saw in 2008 releasing a game full of bugs is not likely going to keep people around for long.  Tabula Rasa, AOC.

Woah! Tabula Rasa wasnt a bad game at all, just didnt get hype from the WoW gang bang

anywayz, back on topic.

FE has a long way to go, its unpolished and the game play is lacking, but the game is on the right path, updates all the time and the dev team seems decent, keep an eye out.

http://acominos.evony.com <- if your bored at work :)

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

I am still holding on this game.  I have high hopes . . .

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • shaon94shaon94 Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by SXRchosen1

Woah! Tabula Rasa wasnt a bad game at all, just didnt get hype from the WoW gang bang

HAHA I actually agree with you I beta tested it for almost 3 months and also played for another 4 months after release. I really wanted the game to succeed, but they released it unfinished  and now the game is shutting the doors.

Here is to hoping that Fallen Earth Developers take note!  hehe