Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone know what's up with the free trial that was just brought back?

SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

I've been wanting to give this game a try for a while now, and after giving up hope on finding a buddy key I noticed that they got the free trial promotion going again. The problem is, I downloaded the entire free trial client, updated it completely, but when I try to create my free account (by filling in my name, e-mail address, and date of birth), nothing happens. It just takes me back to the free trial page and I never get an e-mail from them.

For what it's worth, I keep getting this error message whenever I start the turbine updater -  "an error has occurred in the script on this page - syntax error - Do you want to continue running the scripts on this page?" I get this message twice, and then it finally takes me to the page where it asks for my e-mail and name, which I then proceed to fill out to no avail. I don't know if the page errior has anything to do with these probs though. 

I'm seriously at wits end here. I've been up all night trying to figure out what's wrong, but no luck. I can't even post on the lotro support forums because I don't have an account, or even the free trial/guest forums for that matter.

If any of you know of a way around this, or possibly an alternate page I can go to, to get this free trial working, please let me know.

Thanks in advance :).

Comments

• trieditalltrieditall Member UncommonPosts: 49

My experience is exactly the same as you described.  I am running Vista, are you?  Maybe it's not compatible?

• sidfusidfu Member Posts: 170

well im still downloading the trial so i cant help yet but if u keep getting error try a diffent browser not in the laucher also since it just started on 28th hey probaly swamped for keys

The error goes away after contuing to run the scripts on the page.  I filled in my name, email and DOB and all it does is go back to the free trial download page.  No confirmation in my email (spam or otherwise).

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

have you guys tried a different web browser?

Might be a browser incompatability

I think you are missing the point.  I already registered my name and email so that registration page is gone.  If someone knows how to get that page again, I would gladly try switching browsers.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Pyrostasis

have you guys tried a different web browser?
    Might be a browser incompatability

Yeah, I've actually tried it through different browsers and the end result is the same. I was thinking of calling the account support line but this seems more like a technical thing so I'm not sure if they'll be able to help.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

Just a little update for anyone who's having issues - I called Turbine account support and got a key sent to me from there. So, if it's still not resolved by tomorrow, I suggest giving it a try. Be prepared to stay on the line for awhile though.

• FrelornFrelorn Member Posts: 2

For those of you who were having issues with the trial, please try again. We have made some configuration changes that should help resolve these issues.

Turbine Community Relations

• EbonHawkEbonHawk Member Posts: 545
    Originally posted by Frelorn

For those of you who were having issues with the trial, please try again. We have made some configuration changes that should help resolve these issues.

See this?

If Turbine/LoTRO has some issues, they get addressed in a very prompt professional manner.

Just another reason why Turbine/LoTRO has won so many awards and accolades. Keep up the great work!

OK, care to explain how I try again?  I have already registered and received no confirmation.  I don't understand what I am supposed to do...

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by trieditall

OK, care to explain how I try again?  I have already registered and received no confirmation.  I don't understand what I am supposed to do...

It's front page news.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

That doesn't tell me anything.  Am I supposed to uninstall and start all over wiht another 8 hour download?

That doesn't tell me anything.  Am I supposed to uninstall and start all over wiht another 8 hour download?

Realize I am not sure how this trial works, or how its different from the old one. You could try logging into the account you set up, or, download it again. OR

see this post

Like I said, I do not know how this new trial works, or what the processes are.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

That is the whole point, They never sent me confirmation to set up an account therefore I have no username/password, I am stuck in limbo.  When the download is coming down, there is a screen that asks for your name, email, DOB.

*ok, I clicked on that link and sent them a request for a key... hope it works*

That is the whole point, They never sent me confirmation to set up an account therefore I have no username/password, I am stuck in limbo.  When the download is coming down, there is a screen that asks for your name, email, DOB.
    *ok, I clicked on that link and sent them a request for a key... hope it works*

Yeah, I don’t know man. You may be very well in limbo, and just out of luck on that front. Turbine is usually very quick at resolving issues however. Shit, they may even give you free time. (because i think the trial is started when you activate, as in, fill in your info 10 days starts)

----------

How are you?" -Me

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388

Ok, fixed but more problems. I can put in my name, email addr and bday, and now I get to the next page where it asks for my username/password and to type in the security words except the part of the page where the security words are are off the screen and I can't resize the launcher. Is there a way to access that page via a web browser?

Ty

Its most likely your resolution?

----------

How are you?" -Me

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388

Edit:

I was able to drag the box with the security words onto a web page where I could see them.

All good.

Ty