Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW! I'm bored with WoW!

Comments

• darianledarianle Member UncommonPosts: 47

there is not enough content for people who log in 10+hours a day; everyday.

• unimytsunimyts Member Posts: 2

People are right, it is sandbox now... Eeazy moodee!  got bored and cancelled also

blizz made it easy and ppl dont have to do almost anything to get somethin, and surprise surprise ! GOOD NEWS to wow Addictors, Blizz have found a cure - make it boring         it is kinda boring now

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360
    Originally posted by Philss

Originally posted by IcoGames

Originally posted by Mentat

I think blizzard needs to think about how to make content easy for the majority (which is has done) but, still put some challenging content in for the hardcores.

Here's a pretty good article echoing your thoughts:  www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/op-ed/5689-I-Ruined-World-of-WarCraft

The quoted portion has always been an issue, and not just with WoW.  Blizzard got all sorts of flack for their 40 man raids, and now that they've adjusted (perhaps too much) they're getting flack again.  I don't know how you create content that appeals to both parties, while creating equitable rewards.  For example, If you're going to give higher-end rewards to more difficult (or time consuming) content, then we'll see the usual 'WoW is nothing but a job for losers blah blah blah.'

Maybe implement another class of servers (Raid/Casual) would suffice.  Either way, Blizzard's caught in a bad spot.

Blizz are not in a bad spot you know why? Because 90% of the wow population is casual and 10% hardcore . The one in bad spot are u hardcore gamer . Anyway i dont even know how u can still like raiding after all these years . I never really got into raiding since classic WoW im  doing some very casual PvE now and most of my time i twink toon to pvp .

Whoa, lay off the avatar Philss. 

I haven't bothered with raiding in almost two years.  My comment was directed toward Blizzard having a hard choice with implementing something that will appeal to both hardcore and casual players. Imo, both groups are important to WoW's success and neither should be ignored. 

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• MentatMentat Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by highblur

As far as content goes~ it's been a beautiful journey from 70 to 80 so far.  All the new instances were amazing - the bosses, the gimicks and so forth were mostly all recaps to bring the new player up to speed with how to handle what has already come and gone.  The re-use of Naxxramas is meh considering I did it at 40 man ad infinitum~ but it's still fun to bring new friends through old material.  
    Beyond all the amazing instance, skill and environment goodies that have been added I too feel that it is almost to the point of boredom.  The main reason is that it's all been "done" ~ the details are different, but the overall concepts have been reused, which I explain above is fine (in order to bring new players up to speed on raiding mechanics and fights).  
    Don't be so ignorant to think Blizzard would make it "this easy" for the rest of the expansion.  This beginning taste is obviously to regear people at 80, get players comfortable with some basic encounters (void zones, shatter, portals to other realms, avoiding lava/aoes/clouds, spreading out/sticking together and so on), and prepare people for what is to come (forming guilds/community etc).

Now the question, What is to come?  Beyond asking the OP if he's actually even been able to complete some of the harder achievements (Immortal, Twilight Vanq etc)~ it's quite obvious that some very hard encounters will be incoming.  I believe to preface that, maybe a world event (akin to aq40) to open Ulduar or some sort of thing.  I believe Ulduar will be larger than what we have seen before, with maybe wings akin to Naxx and probably one Onyxia/Magth-type of encounter.  I know for a fact, those who are complaining that it is too easy now - will be crying at the all-too predictable bottleneck that will halt 80% of the raiders until the boss is "fixed" for them.

We'll see who is saying WoW is easy then.  I'll still be here~

I'm not interested in achievements. Luckily my guild is full of achievement nerds so I completed a lot of them anyway but, I like getting cool stuff... not doing something just for some achievement... Anyway, I want a challenge and WoW certainly ain't that...

Originally posted by darianle

there is not enough content for people who log in 10+hours a day; everyday.

LOL! There's not enough content for people with skills who desire a challenge that log in for 1 - 4 hours a day either...

Although I will say they did a great job with the scenery, I enjoyed leveling and the instances...but, I got geared up in no time and now my desire is gone...

• mlp071mlp071 Member Posts: 16

I got both expansions as gift from my best friend, so i gave it a try after 4 years

To be honest i was feeling insulted by how easy expansions are .Even little challenge that was there pre-BC is gone. Rather sad. ..And i can play only casually now, but still whole thing is laughable.

I am not going to blame Blizzard on that , considering that most of  new MMO's are same. Only thing i can't figure out is, if developers think that we all have collective IQ of 60 or that everyone today is 10 y/o.

What happened with real MMO's like EQ , DAoC , UO ,etc ? That is something to talk about.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by templarga
     If someone can explain how you would make WOW more of a challenge and how other games are more challenging than WOW, I would greatly appreciate it.

personally I wish WOW would implement something like COH's sidekick system or EQ2s mentoring system

- for teaming up with players who are different levels

as it stands now,

any 80 who assists friends in Deadmines is playing "GOD mode" with no risk or challenge

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

If someone can explain how you would make WOW more of a challenge and how other games are more challenging than WOW, I would greatly appreciate it.

First off put hard level caps on all the instances!  Sure your level 80 friend can still come help but immediately upon entering said instance with your lvl 30, his ass is temporarily reduced to lvl 30 as well.  This way it can't be GOD MODED or farmed and is still a challenge no matter what lvl you are!  Helping your buddy is still a challenge and not a 10min side quest!

Revert back to having Elite mobs and quests all over the the Overworld and heck whle your at it add some more out there. 

Reduce the # of graveyard to launch style....when you die you gotta hike it back a long way!  There are so many graveyards now that it seems it would be better that your char just not die and has a 1min cool-down where you fell before coming back to life full HP/MP....hahaha

Make crafting more substantial so that it is on par with dungeon sets.  Not as good, but still worthwhile to craft it and be good enough to compete with others that have the best.  Course the raid/pvp gear would look much better than the crafted! 

Give PvE players that don't like to raid or farm battlegrounds and arenas an optional means to obtain set gear.  Like add a requirement to the gear that requires you to have less than say 10 PvP kills to wear this gear.  To obtain it make it an epic quest line of running all over the world and killing certain named mobs and other normal mobs {kinda grind mode} to obtain per piece!  Also place most of these NMs in the instances and with the hard level cap I mentioned above it would be a great challenge always!

• TeranHawkinsTeranHawkins Member Posts: 279

Account officially cancelled as of tonight. 

Off to play games with meaningful content like Fallout 3!!!!

• mlp071mlp071 Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Khrymson

First off put hard level caps on all the instances!  Sure your level 80 friend can still come help but immediately upon entering said instance with your lvl 30, his ass is temporarily reduced to lvl 30 as well.  This way it can't be GOD MODED or farmed and is still a challenge no matter what lvl you are!  Helping your buddy is still a challenge and not a 10min side quest!

Revert back to having Elite mobs and quests all over the the Overworld and heck whle your at it add some more out there. 

Reduce the # of graveyard to launch style....when you die you gotta hike it back a long way!  There are so many graveyards now that it seems it would be better that your char just not die and has a 1min cool-down where you fell before coming back to life full HP/MP....hahaha

Make crafting more substantial so that it is on par with dungeon sets.  Not as good, but still worthwhile to craft it and be good enough to compete with others that have the best.  Course the raid/pvp gear would look much better than the crafted! 

Give PvE players that don't like to raid or farm battlegrounds and arenas an optional means to obtain set gear.  Like add a requirement to the gear that requires you to have less than say 10 PvP kills to wear this gear.  To obtain it make it an epic quest line of running all over the world and killing certain named mobs and other normal mobs {kinda grind mode} to obtain per piece!  Also place most of these NMs in the instances and with the hard level cap I mentioned above it would be a great challenge always!

Very decent observation and suggestions.Crafting improvements would definitely be big step forward for economy that is right now relying primarily on "farming".

No timesink now ? Well farming for primal's and farming in general is quite timesink , don't you agree? Try leveling up some production to max level.Difference is that there is no danger in doing that at all, so it's just plain run and get ..etc..

I just find it plain uninteresting that my toon can pull 5-6 mobs of same level or level higher and smacked them silly without even any concerns about dying or thinking thru how to do it.Toon doesn't even have to be geared better then all greens to do that.

Originally posted by TeranHawkins

Fallout 3 is totally awesome. It took me a good amount of time to get into it but, it does rock for a console game...

As far as WoW goes, someone asked what other games are more challenging.. As far as mmorpgs - I can't think of one that is less challenging to be honest. EQ, EQ2, AO, CoV, CoH... well those are the ones I've played. I'm thinking of going back to CoV for a while - super fun game... Everytime I play it I have issues with the end game but, still - mega fun stuff.

Gotta give WoW props for production value though - the expansion looks great and is pretty fun to level through (once).

• bodypassbodypass Member Posts: 770
    Originally posted by TeranHawkins

Have fun between the other NPC patatoes...

I am playing the game everyone else plays and can talk about with my friends in real life.

• bodypassbodypass Member Posts: 770

Those saying Wow is easy.

Why do you all play with deadly boss?, have questhelper installed and/or have every 10 minutes a search through the internet on coordinates and seeking help on thottbot and alakazam?

We wiped 9 times yesterday on the 4 horsemen, because we refused to look it up on the web.

After the 8 th time we finally gave in ... the web answered all and we had to follow each step through the tactics being displayed by wowwiki.

Two more trials with all the help and explaining from the web "helped" us down the 4.

How sad, those "hardcore" players in here can't finish anything without the aid tools.

So easy, my ass...

next time publish the link to your armory when you want to brag ... and being on a server where NO one downed the final boss with the 3 dragons alive, I know what ridiculous lies are being made here.

• MwajiMwaji Member Posts: 229
    Originally posted by bodypass

Why do you all play with deadly boss?, have questhelper installed and/or have every 10 minutes a search through the internet on coordinates and seeking help on thottbot and alakazam?
    Because they are not morons, or consider themselves retarded.
    We wiped 9 times yesterday on the 4 horsemen, because we refused to look it up on the web.
    Because your idiots.
    After the 8 th time we finally gave in ... the web answered all and we had to follow each step through the tactics being displayed by wowwiki.
    Maybe if you just did that the first time........
    Two more trials with all the help and explaining from the web "helped" us down the 4.
    Google is your friend.
    How sad, those "hardcore" players in here can't finish anything without the aid tools.
    All games have them, even easy games like WOW, not using them just means your stupid.
    So easy, my ass...
    It's because you suck.
    next time publish the link to your armory when you want to brag ... and being on a server where NO one downed the final boss with the 3 dragons alive, I know what ridiculous lies are being made here.
    Link yours Scrub.

Fixed

Originally posted by Mwaji

Because they are not morons, or consider themselves retarded.
    Really? Seriously? So using add-ons that makes the game easier is not being stupid? But wait, you complain the game is a challenge. What he is saying is beat those mobs/fights without looking them up and without assistance from warnings and mods, then let's talk easy.
    Because your idiots.
    Because they aren't perfect and because they are maybe learning the fight? WOW, can you actually post without insulting everyone?
    Maybe if you just did that the first time........it would have been easy and not a challenge? I do not understand your reasoning at all.

Google is your friend.
    All games have them, even easy games like WOW, not using them just means your stupid. No it means that maybe they want a challenge. Again it makes no sense. He is doing something that makes the game....wait for it.....HARDER and more of a challenge....and now you criticize him for it? WOW, talk about a hypocritical statement.

So easy, my ass...
    It's because you suck. Try to comment without insulting people please. I thought we are debating here and discussing. If all you want to do is insult people, click the "D-F" link to the left, select "Darkfall" and post there.

Link yours Scrub. Just because you have beaten raids and instances, does not mean the majority of WOW players have. Look through the forums and see how many guilds have cleared raid content on each server and then you will see how little it really is in comparison to how guilds there are.

Fixed

Even more fixed.

Naxx is a demo dungeon now, the right team of guys should be able to walk through it without a FAQ. The more I hear about your and Bodypass game experience.

Bodypass wiped 9 times then challenged CHALLENGED somone to link their Armory, and somehow hes the moral high ground?

{ Mod Edit }

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

So easy, my ass...

This is actually good ideas for "hardcore" raiders who always claim Wow is "too easy".

OP, when you played Fallout3, did you play on Easy mode so you could finish the game in 2 weeks, saving the game every 10 minutes? Or did you chose "Hard Mode" so you have to fight every step of the way? Most people pick "easy mode" then beat games and claim they sucked, or wasn't much of a challenge. The same thing happens with Wow.

Let me guess some of your addons that you have so the game remains "challenging" to you:

• Deadly Boss mod
    • Decursive/Healbot
    • Auctioneer
    • Omen Threat Meter
    • Cartographer

Just to name a few, right? You probably have two or more of these programs to aid you in your Wow adventures. If anyone doesn't know, Blizzard does not include those programs, you had to go search them out on Curse.com then put them in. But Blizzard allows third party programs like those because...wait for it... the majority of their base are casuals and if they played without those aids, they'd never get anything done raid wise. Why didn't you try playing the game the way Blizzard intended for you to play... in "NORMAL" mode. By loading that crap, you took the game and made it sickingly easy for someone of your obvious "skill" level, then complain there's no challenge. This doesn't strike you as funny?

There are some guilds, VERY few, who play Wow "naked". Meaning, they don't use mod add-ons to dumb the game down. They have tanks who don't use Deadly Boss, they have dps people who don't use Omen Threatmeter like in the old days, they don't use fancy map programs that put a big flashy neon sign on the mob you are supposed to kill from 5 zones away. They play the game as it was meant to be played. I guess that sounds like a waste of time for you though, you wouldn't be able to claim you beat Wow if you had to play it without getting third party help. As a matter of fact, if you didn't have any of those mods, you'd probably still be on the first boss again in WOTLK trying to figure out how it works.

My suggestion, as you will be looking for another game soon I guess, is next time, resist the urge to play easy mode and just play the game that comes in the box. Don't download any super Mighty Man programs and see how fast you go through your next MMO. If you want a challenge, you could try that. Don't buy any hint books, don't look up premade class builds, don't look up raid guides that tell you when the boss will sneeze next.. and exactly how much snot comes out. Oh wait.. that probably sounds like too much of a hassle. I know you're thinking "Why would I do that, when I can just download help?" And there lies the irony of your posting.

You do realize of course, that the people who made all those guides and mods that you used to blow through content actually FIGURED out the game without the use of a guide, right? You might want to ask them if they think Wow is "easy".

Here's an idea... since you say you already beat the hard stuff, rip out those mods now and try the bosses again, this time give the bosses a fair playing field. See how far you get then, and you even have all the good gear now to help.

You can remember the fight from memory, right?

Naxx is a demo dungeon now, the right team of guys should be able to walk through it without a FAQ. The more I hear about your and Bodypass game experience.

Bodypass wiped 9 times then challenged CHALLENGED somone to link their Armory, and somehow hes the moral high ground?

{ Mod Edit }

You're not being rational here Mwaji.

You really need to reread those posts and see just how much sense you're not making.

Temp's biased/non biased doesn't matter if its sincere.. it makes sense. Why play a game with tons of mods that do everything but push the button for you (and some might do that too) and then claim "this game is weak." It's like blasting a missile at an enemy from a concrete bunker then claiming he was no challenge. Really weak games are ones like WAR, where there is no guide or mod needed to kill those bosses. Just walk in and do it over/over/over naked.

You say Naxx is a demo dungeon and the "right team" of guys should be able to walk through it without a FAQ. How about mods? Should they still be able to breeze through Naxx without a program saying, "Taunt now. Stop nuking! Run and Hide"...? Could you and your guild beat these bosses without mods or guides the first time you try it? If not, how long do you think it would take your "right team" from scratch and no cheats. Yes, all mods are cheats. They give you an advantage the maker didn't intend for you to use. By saying bodypass is stupid for not using them, you are saying he's stupid for not cheating to get through the content.

You still don't see that as strange?

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Mentat

This new content is so easily mastered...for a raider it's hard to keep interested. Basically I gotta level multiple chars to keep interested and even that is not interesting anymore.
    I think blizzard needs to think about how to make content easy for the majority (which is has done) but, still put some challenging content in for the hardcores.

Just a thought.

The dungeons should always be hard and never easy. That's where the challenging group oriented stuff should be. The majority of quests can be accomplished solo, so leave dungeons and raids for the salty dogs.I think after a certain point any game,no matter how casual friendly it is, runs out of content and needs something else for players. That's where I think the more community invested game mechanics should be.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

Originally posted by popinjay

{ Mod Edit }

You're not being rational here Mwaji.

You really need to reread those posts and see just how much sense you're not making.

Temp's biased/non biased doesn't matter if its sincere.. it makes sense. Why play a game with tons of mods that do everything but push the button for you (and some might do that too) and then claim "this game is weak." It's like blasting a missile at an enemy from a concrete bunker then claiming he was no challenge. Really weak games are ones like WAR, where there is no guide or mod needed to kill those bosses. Just walk in and do it over/over/over naked.

You say Naxx is a demo dungeon and the "right team" of guys should be able to walk through it without a FAQ. How about mods? Should they still be able to breeze through Naxx without a program saying, "Taunt now. Stop nuking! Run and Hide"...? Could you and your guild beat these bosses without mods or guides the first time you try it? If not, how long do you think it would take your "right team" from scratch and no cheats. Yes, all mods are cheats. They give you an advantage the maker didn't intend for you to use. By saying bodypass is stupid for not using them, you are saying he's stupid for not cheating to get through the content.

You still don't see that as strange?

No it's built into the WOW UI and is completely legal, thus it's part of the game. It's not my fault they make it easy to use, not being able to use the tools they have to get thorugh easy dungeons is only a reason to be embarassed not an excuse to say wow is actually hard because you refuse to use them. It's just stupid.

No it's built into the WOW UI and is completely legal, thus it's part of the game. It's not my fault they make it easy to use, not being able to use the tools they have to get thorugh easy dungeons is only a reason to be embarassed not an excuse to say wow is actually hard because you refuse to use them. It's just stupid.

True its not illegal, but it is not "part of the game", or it would have come in the original box or as an expansion benefit. It's called an "add on" or "MODification", meaning extra and changed from the original form. It's sanctioned and allowed by Blizzard as I said earlier because they want people to have fun, not pull their hair out.

The point I'm trying to make is that its getting an advantage over the original content by building something extra not intended by the designers to be used. People use them so often now in MMOs, that they are viewed by most as "necessary" to play any MMO, otherwise, the game would be too hard to play for the majority of people (which is counter to the OP's silly argument "Wow is too easy"). It's not like a health pot that Blizzard provides in game, because you cannot do it without those. It gives an advantage over the bosses because the boss in any MMO is predictable while using this type of cheat and can be easily defeated if you just hit buttons when prompted to, or move/run away when the add-on tells you.

There's not much challenge in that other than "Gee, I wonder if I can hit this certain button fast enough when TOLD to do so."

Let's face it. If Blizzard didn't actually authorize these mods, we'd be calling them "hacks" like speed buffs and farming bots. The only difference is that these are allowed cheats.

• S1GNALS1GNAL Member Posts: 366

The content is indeed very easy, but then again I have to cope with guild members who struggles at some of it.. and that makes it more challenging for me actually. I have to use quick reflexes and all of my abilities, and still sometimes it can be too hard.

The OP is probably in a guild with more than 30% decent skilled players. Then of course it will be too easy. Just join a casual "trip trap toe" guild that has little to none MMO experience previously, then you will see things getting more of a burden.

You create the level of difficulty by yourself. Why does the good players want to join the best guilds, when they always whine about things being to easy. Go try another guild, you would be suprised! Another level of skill is required to save wimps.

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

Is it fair to say that you can equate rewards with difficulty?

If so, back in the day it took my warrior about 4-5 months to complete his Might set, ONCE we started running Molten Bore....and it was a LONG time before he had epics in every slot. 

I've check out the characters in the armory of people I used to play with (when I played).  Within a month of hitting 80 they are completely re-decked out in epics.

Reward = difficulty.  Rewards now fall from the sky like rain...this game is ridiculously easy now compared to pre-BC days.