Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Currently in Open Beta / Currently Released -Where?

Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

Was the game released in Korea just recently?

Also, where is it currently being tested in Open Beta?  (not closed)

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Aion was released in Korea in November.

I think the chinese open beta has just started recently.

• j0nb0yj0nb0y Member Posts: 29

Its been out in Korea over a month.

Chinese open beta is next, dunno when it starts they are fannying around trying to find ways of giving out keys randomly and fairly to the 50 billion people trying to get them...

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

yup, is not open yet, maybe at the end of Feb. if we are lucky.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

thanks

I heard rumor that the OB was going to start in China either today or yesterday to coincide with the Chinese new year and that they were going to hold an OB event to commemorate this

The one place I know and I am a member of recently removed the directions on how to gain access to this, and I cant find any more info on it anywhere *edit* silly me registrations been closed for a while.  Was just curious if there was an OB in any other countries currently.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

yea china starts today. NA/EU should start to see some action in about 2-3 months from now.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• RedwoodSapRedwoodSap Member Posts: 1,235

I heard NcCoin is incorporated in the asian versions. Does that mean it will exist in the N American version?

NCsoft Rolls Out NCcoin, A New Micro-Transaction System for Online Games

NCsoft Corporation unveiled today the details of a new micro-transaction system called NCcoin. This system will allow customers to use real-world money to purchase in-game items and upgrades.

NCcoin, debuting in the action-packed game Exteel, was designed so that each dollar spent (US$1) equates to 100 NCcoin, which can be used to acquire in-game items and for upgrade purchases. NCcoin is part of NCsoft’s continuing efforts to offer a variety of business models while giving customers easier access to NCsoft games.

“NCsoft’s goal is to bring more and more people into the online gaming market, and part of achieving that goal is to continue to diversify how customers can pay and play,” said Chris Chung, NCsoft North America’s president. “This system will offer our customers much greater flexibility and convenience in paying for content. Micro-transactions are a growing part of the online gaming industry and NCcoin will allow us to support micro-transaction based games efficiently, allowing developers and players to quickly enjoy the benefits of those systems. We will soon be rolling out more contents that leverage the flexibility of NCcoin.”

In addition to Exteel, NCcoin is expected to be incorporated globally into many of NCsoft’s existing and upcoming games.

NCoin is currently available in 100, 500, 1000 and 2000 denominations for $1, $5, $10 and $20 amounts, respectively. For more information about NCcoin go to: http://www.plaync.com/us/nccoin/.

nope

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• RedwoodSapRedwoodSap Member Posts: 1,235
    Originally posted by stayontarget

nope

Can you please link an official statement from NCSoft stating that NcCoin will never be applied to Aion N American release? The official statement from NcSoft's N American division president suggests otherwise.

• mylin1mylin1 Member UncommonPosts: 138

Ncoin would be a game breaker for me, I hope Aion doesnt go down that path - we have SoE doing it in EQ2 now I would hate to see it become an accepted way to play an western mmo. 

Originally posted by RedwoodSap

nope

Can you please link an official statement from NCSoft stating that NcCoin will never be applied to Aion N American release? The official statement from NcSoft's N American division president suggests otherwise.

I think you are reading to much in that statement. That is geared to f2p games like Exteel & Dungeon runners.

L2 and Aion do not have it, but I have posted a question about this so they can give an official reply. I'll see if they reply it it.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

NCcoin is for NCsoft's free to play games such as Exteel and Dungeons Runners.

Originally posted by Gameloading

The way companies are going now days in regards to MT's its very hard to say. Look at some of the top tier games out there now and they have some form of MT. Most of the big games that do have them are mostly for cosmetics and don't effect game play. The one's that truly suk are the one's that break game play balance.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

The way companies are going now days in regards to MT's its very hard to say. Look at some of the top tier games out there now and they have some form of MT. Most of the big games that do have them are mostly for cosmetics and don't effect game play. The one's that truly suk are the one's that break game play balance.

ya Im not aware of any mainstream MMO's that offer MT that really is game breaking.  The only game I think comes close to this is EQ2 when they decided to add "adventure packs" which meant missing out on content and gear if you decided not to purchase it.  I guess they went a step further and added actual items to purchase with rl currency, but I believe this is cosmetic only (could be wrong).  Still, I dont think its as bad as having subscribers pay for 4 expansion packs and 3 adventure packs to have the full MMO.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Currently? its not being tested any where in OB yet. China is very close to OB yet know one really knows for sure what date. Could be this week or some time in FEB.  Yes it has launched in Korea. You can pay to play it there but hehe they will ban you if they catch you.

My client still shows CBT not OBT yet..

Originally posted by Rayx0r

ya Im not aware of any mainstream MMO's that offer MT that really is game breaking.  The only game I think comes close to this is EQ2 when they decided to add "adventure packs" which meant missing out on content and gear if you decided not to purchase it.  I guess they went a step further and added actual items to purchase with rl currency, but I believe this is cosmetic only (could be wrong).  Still, I dont think its as bad as having subscribers pay for 4 expansion packs and 3 adventure packs to have the full MMO.

I think wow has it if i'm not mistaken but again only for cosmetic's, and something you can play without.  If its only cosmetic in nature and also a micro transaction I have no issue with it. That would just be a small amount of extra income to the company that could be used to fund more in-game item's and content for everyone that play's but does not use the MT.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by RedwoodSap

nope

the korean version of L2 (and maybe L1) has been using NC coins for a long time now and they have not impemented it into the NA/EU version..and have never mentioned it, i dont think they ever will.

anyway most of the items bought with NCcoing in the Korean L2 are just visual items and not anything of importance

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• GoldenDogGoldenDog Member Posts: 586

So you're thinking that Aion may be both NCcoin and P2P?

I suppose it makes sense.  I'd pay a couple of bucks extra to NC for a sweet looking cosmetic.  And I'd much rather the money go to NCSoft than people paying farmers to farm them the gold to buy it.  That way they can use the money as revenue in place of the botting accounts and BAN THEM ALL MUAHAHAHA

LineageII | LoTRO | RFO | 9Dragons | Aion | Perfect World | Ether Saga | Dungeon Runners | GuildWars 1 and 2 | Hellgate London | tCoS | Warhammer | AoC | Tabula Rasa | SWTOR
    youtube.com/gcidogmeat
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

^ nice avatar

Originally posted by GoldenDog

So you're thinking that Aion may be both NCcoin and P2P?
    I suppose it makes sense.  I'd pay a couple of bucks extra to NC for a sweet looking cosmetic.  And I'd much rather the money go to NCSoft than people paying farmers to farm them the gold to buy it.  That way they can use the money as revenue in place of the botting accounts and BAN THEM ALL MUAHAHAHA

If it's just cosmetic's and they use the revenue to pay Dev's so they can keep making new content for the game. Could even get more content, at a faster rate that way.

But I just don't see them using MT in NA/EU, ask me again in a few years and maybe things will change.

• GoldenDogGoldenDog Member Posts: 586
    Originally posted by Mithrandolir

^ nice avatar

lol thanks!   Back at ya!

LineageII | LoTRO | RFO | 9Dragons | Aion | Perfect World | Ether Saga | Dungeon Runners | GuildWars 1 and 2 | Hellgate London | tCoS | Warhammer | AoC | Tabula Rasa | SWTOR
    youtube.com/gcidogmeat