Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unable to create account!?.

cafraancafraan Member Posts: 15

I have been trying to create an account for the new RFO site but everytime I hit submit after entering my info I'm just getting jumbled letters on screen. I was just wondering if anyone else was having the same issues or had a solution?. Obvioulsly, with no active account I can't start a thread on the official site!.

I'm in London UK

(Bell FTW).

Comments

• luminyeluminye Member UncommonPosts: 4

hahah well, i created an account but its saying i dont have one lol. it keeps popping up a little window saying join member.

• catfudcatfud Member Posts: 135

What web browsers are you guys using? The genius who built it seems to only ever heard of IE. I had to use IE to create my account and to download the client.

------------------------------------------------
    Founder of The Divine Council of Pyr
    MMO: Ryzom - RF Online
    Ryzom FREE Trial: PLAY NOW!!! - The must play MMO!

• cafraancafraan Member Posts: 15

Problem was solved and I've been in a while now, it turns out they don't like you using long email addresses

• ThahanosThahanos Member Posts: 11

I've been having the same error here for the last hour and so and shuffled through 8+ email accounts. Any tips on how you finally got it to work?

• s0ulls0ull Member Posts: 186

I switched from trying to create my account with IE to using Firefox which solved my problem try that.

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

yeah won't let me create an account either.not sending me the ccode in my yahoo mail.

well i tricked it into letting me make an account some how, just smashed some random number/letters in there and said account verified..lol never did get an email tho

• NicksdNicksd Member Posts: 403

Sure wish I could get them to send me that e-mail lol. This is really annoying. I have tried hotmail, and yahoo accounts, nothing seems to work.

• catfudcatfud Member Posts: 135

For some reason is doesn't like long email addresses and has issues with some providers. I managed to make both of my accounts with hotmail email addresses.

Founder of The Divine Council of Pyr
    MMO: Ryzom - RF Online
    Ryzom FREE Trial: PLAY NOW!!! - The must play MMO!

• Fal0Fal0 Member Posts: 22

For those that can't login after signing up.

1. Make sure you try both upper and lower case letter with the first letter on the User ID.   I tried logging in and it kept poping the message Join Us!  Then I logged in with my first letter L with upper case, and it let me log in. 

If you experience problem while signing up.

1. Make sure you put a number in the User ID like  Username1234

2. Hit Check for Overlap button once you enter User ID and Email address

3. Request Email verification -> check email -> copy & paste the code on the codebox and hit confirm.

4. Password needs to have 1 number: Password1234

5. Check your email junk mail for the email verification.

6. Enter all info on every boxes

Just do it step by step and it should work.

I created my account using firefox and it worked out fine, but I downloaded the client with Internet Explorer.

Edit: (My mistake, don't download it from filefront, it's an old file , and doesn't work anymore.) 

Download the client from their homepage, its slow but have to deal with it..

When I edit something, its for grammar. (edited)

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I'm mad at this right now having the same problem.  What is it with stupid games with messed up account creation?  Even worse you can't make a post on their forums because you cant create an account.
    Are you onto something or just on something?