Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Codemasters/Turbine account issue

Not understanding that they were entirely different and catered to different regions, I bought the digital download for LotRO through Codemasters with the intention of using the key provided on my US account, Turbine not offering anything digital and stores nearby not carrying LotRO. But unlike other Digital Purchases I have made with MMO's, no key was provided, it was automatically applied to a Codemasters account (which I used to try Archlord).

This wouldn't be an issue if I didn't live in North America, but I do, and being limited only to EU servers would make grouping a bit difficult, seeing as their uptime is around noon for me.

I've e-mailed Codemasters about this, they're being a bit slow about replies, but I'll see if they can do anything such as a refund (doubtful) or some kind of account modification (doubtful).

Any suggestions? Pretty sure I just wasted 50$ and will have to suck it up by playing on servers across the world.

.. But in a good way.

Comments

• MarimzirtudMarimzirtud Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by Blacknd

Turbine not offering anything digital

That's kind of strange, I live in the US and I bought both Shadows and Angmar and Mines of Moria digitally... doesn't really help with your problem though...

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

First, i'm not sure why you paid 50$. Its 20$ at the local Best Buy.

Second, i don't think there is anything you can do. It does clearly state that US is US and EU is EU and you need the right version for your area.

I know, this doesn't help. I would wait until they contact you, or call them, and politely explain what happened. I bet they correct it no questions asked, they are just like that.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• BlackndBlacknd Member Posts: 600
    Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

First, i'm not sure why you paid 50$. Its 20$ at the local Best Buy.
    Second, i don't think there is anything you can do. It does clearly state that US is US and EU is EU and you need the right version for your area.
    I know, this doesn't help. I would wait until they contact you, or call them, and politely explain what happened. I bet they correct it no questions asked, they are just like that.

It wasn't clear anywhere around the pages that actually sold the digital download on Codemasters, the only places I found that clearly stated are under the Support search functions.

The 50$ methinks was for both games and something else. Might have been 40$. The local best buys only sold the box that reads "Expansion Only". And ours are pretty expensive.

.. But in a good way.

LOTRO: Mines of moria includes the original game.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

The issue has been resolved through a full refund. Now to find a way to get the 10-day trial working, get a buddy key, or find a digital download.

.. But in a good way.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

There are two completely separate entities

LOTRO EU , and LOTRO USA 

Even the clients are different ...

If you have key purchased by Turbine - than you must play on USA servers with USA client (you can download it for free)

And other way around...

(and PS this goes for almost every other subscription MMO)

The last two newer subscription MMO's I played were nothing like that. Both NA and EU (and Oceanic) servers were on the same serverlist.

.. But in a good way.

Originally posted by Blacknd

The issue has been resolved through a full refund.

See, told yah.

----------

How are you?" -Me