Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good crafting guides out there

ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Any there any sites out there with a good crafting guide?

Comments

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481

If you need a guide for WoW's crafting, you're incredibly dense. It's amazingly simple.

Anywho, you might check out wowvault.ign.com, they have all sorts of good stuff.

I'm not here to make sense, so don't expect me to.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• AshenkharAshenkhar Member Posts: 61

Originally posted by pyrofreak

If you need a guide for WoW's crafting, you're incredibly dense. It's amazingly simple.
    Anywho, you might check out wowvault.ign.com, they have all sorts of good stuff.

Why would it mean someone is dense?  That a pretty illogical conclusion.  Maybe he hasn't played the game yet... in which case hasn't had a chance to experiment with the crafting.

Just saying... don't jump to conclusions.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Originally posted by pyrofreak

I haven't played the game yet since open beta hasn't started. So you are one who is dense for not realizing that.

• RhevinRhevin Member UncommonPosts: 611

I demand that all people waiting for WoW to start drinking. Now, let's all get a beer.

• LoStCaUz3LoStCaUz3 Member Posts: 1,154

Originally posted by Rhevin
    I demand that all people waiting for WoW to start drinking. Now, let's all get a beer.________________________
    http://www.clanlaw.tk

Oddly enough, I like that idea very much.
    More on topic, though. The crafting is very basic. that WoW Vault sight should do you well, if you still need a guide, though.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

All you need to know about crafting. Just look at the ingredients and where youd get them. Once had and if you have the skill level, then you can make it.

Just look at the Profession.

• GrossMesserGrossMesser Member Posts: 31

link does not work

you mean

http://www.thottbot.com/?t=Leatherworking

not

http:http://www.thottbot.com/?t=Leatherworking

edit

don’t edit with out saying edit.

No . . .i meant the link that I edited before you made your post ::::35::

If you quoted my post then we'd know what you were referring to about the link, which is fine. ::::01::

EDIT: I just edited this so you know where to see how a post says it was edited in lower right without having to be redundent by typing "Edit". . .though I did it so you could see it. ::::28::

• agentcipheragentcipher Member Posts: 223

What I'd rather see would be a guide to prices of crafted items for the auction house. I expect we'll have to wait a month for that though, but that's what I'm more interested in. Then I can flood the market with the most expensive potions and reagents... hehe.

---------------------------

---------------------------

free ipods

Proof it's not a scam

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Like someone's previous post, thottbot.com is probably the most comprehensive site for WoW crafting for the time being.  Blizzard made an announcement that they would be adding some final polish to ALL the tradeskills as of the upcoming patch, which will probably be implemented with this second Stress Test (Open Beta?), but as of Closed Beta prior to Oct. 29th, most of the tradeskills were close to being finished, with the exception of maybe Leatherworking and Engineering. 

Engineering was the only profession I haven't tried yet, but I have heard from many players that it's most suited for Hunters, and it's not useful for much else in it's current condition.  I've tried Blacksmithing, Tailoring, Leatherworking, and Alchemy.  Currently, during the Closed Beta at least, they weren't very profitable, unless you were very high level, because almost everyone in the limited community has everything already.  As of Retail release, I think they will be very profitable for crafters, but they might be a tad frustrating.  Mining, the gathering profession for Blacksmithing and Engineering, will probably end up being the largest pain in the arse since Ore deposits are so far and few between, followed closely by Herbalism.

Skinning is probably the most lucrative gathering skill, since you can start gathering hides at around level 5 when you can start fighting mobs that can actually be skinned.  Cloth drops come from humanoid mobs, so cloth gathering is another easy task, and you don't need a gathering skill for it, you just have to hunt humanoid type mobs and your inventory will be full before you know it.

Blacksmithing was somewhat of a disappointment, but not too much so, I was just hoping I'd see more weapon "plans" before release.  As it is, there haven't been any "plans" that I've seen for polearm type weapons, or fist weapons.  Two hand weapons seem to have received the most attention, and there are some great "plans" for those, especially at higher levels of skill.  As far as armor goes, blacksmithing was doing nicely.  Almost all of the armor my Warrior used had been crafted, with the exception of maybe one or two quested items.

Tailoring had some decent armor pieces as well, but drops seemed to outdo most of the crafted items by far, at least at lower levels.  There's been much hub-bub about a lack of decent caster gear, and I think Blizzard is hard at work to fix that.

Right now, I'd say that crafting can be somewhat fun, but it needs a lot more than it currently offers.  I think new recipes, plans, schematics and such are going to be added with post-release patches, but I hope it's sooner, since they feel a little incomplete right now.  I just hope my Warrior hasn't been wiped yet, I just broke 200 on Blacksmithing before they shut down closed beta, but oh well... I'm going to have to start over for Release anyway.

Originally posted by agentcipher
    What I'd rather see would be a guide to prices of crafted items for the auction house. I expect we'll have to wait a month for that though, but that's what I'm more interested in. Then I can flood the market with the most expensive potions and reagents... hehe.---------------------------avatars from www.squidi.net

Dont forget that the auction house is just that...an auction house with alot, alot of other people competing for the same customer. If you over-price your goods, they will get bypassed in favor of someone else selling the same thing but at a lower price.

But your right...you do want to place the items that are most often sought and that can give you the highest return. :)

bump to hopefully minimize new thread pollution.