Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW! I'm bored with WoW!

MentatMentat Member UncommonPosts: 516

This new content is so easily mastered...for a raider it's hard to keep interested. Basically I gotta level multiple chars to keep interested and even that is not interesting anymore.

I think blizzard needs to think about how to make content easy for the majority (which is has done) but, still put some challenging content in for the hardcores.

Just a thought.

Comments

• BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403

Exact reason why i quit, my ret paladin is 5/5 25 man geared, full epic, all content cleared quite some time ago. Its pointless anymore.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360
    Originally posted by Mentat

I think blizzard needs to think about how to make content easy for the majority (which is has done) but, still put some challenging content in for the hardcores.

Here's a pretty good article echoing your thoughts:  www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/op-ed/5689-I-Ruined-World-of-WarCraft

The quoted portion has always been an issue, and not just with WoW.  Blizzard got all sorts of flack for their 40 man raids, and now that they've adjusted (perhaps too much) they're getting flack again.  I don't know how you create content that appeals to both parties, while creating equitable rewards.  For example, If you're going to give higher-end rewards to more difficult (or time consuming) content, then we'll see the usual 'WoW is nothing but a job for losers blah blah blah.'

Maybe implement another class of servers (Raid/Casual) would suffice.  Either way, Blizzard's caught in a bad spot.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360
    Originally posted by templarga

Originally posted by IcoGames

Here's a pretty good article echoing your thoughts:  www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/op-ed/5689-I-Ruined-World-of-WarCraft

The quoted portion has always been an issue, and not just with WoW.  Blizzard got all sorts of flack for their 40 man raids, and now that they've adjusted (perhaps too much) they're getting flack again.  I don't know how you create content that appeals to both parties, while creating equitable rewards.  For example, If you're going to give higher-end rewards to more difficult (or time consuming) content, then we'll see the usual 'WoW is nothing but a job for losers blah blah blah.'

Maybe implement another class of servers (Raid/Casual) would suffice.  Either way, Blizzard's caught in a bad spot.

Actually, if you bear with me for a minute, I will explain what's going on. You remember Kharazan prior to the big patch getting ready for WotLK where they nerfed the heck out or it? Well with that nerf I think I realized what Blizzard is doing and why Naxx and other raids are so easy right now.

When BC launched and Khara was THE raid, it took a lot of time and energy to go from heroics to Khara. It was a decent rise in difficulty. However, they nerfed Khara slightly when ZA came and then some more when Magister's Terrace came.

That is Blizzard's modius operandi. They nerf existing raid content when they introduce new. Ultimately, its a brilliant strategy because the hardcore raiders either no longer care because they are in the new harder content or like beating the snot out of the old. For example, remember the Curator fight in Khara? Pre-wotlk patch nerf, Curator was a major step in the difficulty in Khara. That was the fight that meant you went from easy to harder. Curator would take a while for groups to master because if you didn't have the dps to kill the flares, you would get overwhlemed. Post-nerf, Curator was hilariously easy. We dropped him in 1 minute! I remember Vent being full of laughter because we dropped him so fast.

New players do not care that its easier because they are finally getting to see content they want to see.

So out comes WotLK and the raids to begin are really easy. This is why I expect the Ulduar raid to be exceptionally hard since Blizzard has already "nerfed" Naxx, Sanctum and such to begin with. I honestly think the new raid will require all Naxx gear or better to even be remotely successful. Forget blues and heroic gear, Naxx is the step in between.

I honestly think Blizzard just saved themselves some work from nerfing Naxx later and because IF the difficulty sky-rockets with the new raid, Blizzard doesn't have to mess with the old stuff. Also, who knows how long it will take for people to get through Naxx so this way its ready even for the last guild to make it through.

Sorry, I know I rambled and probably do not make that much sense, but I hope you get what I am saying.

Yeah, I've thought about how Blizzard nerfs existing content.  That's not a bad idea, and gives casual players a chance to see content they'd otherwise not see due to, mostly time, constraints.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Wow is boring now.   I'm a big fan of BG but they completly kill them with WOTLK and force everyone into arena, most peoples are not interested in.

You level up characters to 80 and start doing instances, heroics, raids and you ask yourself, why ?  Why i keep getting better gears for ?  There is nothing to do left.   I quit.

• xbellx777xbellx777 Member Posts: 716

Actually, if you bear with me for a minute, I will explain what's going on. You remember Kharazan prior to the big patch getting ready for WotLK where they nerfed the heck out or it? Well with that nerf I think I realized what Blizzard is doing and why Naxx and other raids are so easy right now.

When BC launched and Khara was THE raid, it took a lot of time and energy to go from heroics to Khara. It was a decent rise in difficulty. However, they nerfed Khara slightly when ZA came and then some more when Magister's Terrace came.

That is Blizzard's modius operandi. They nerf existing raid content when they introduce new. Ultimately, its a brilliant strategy because the hardcore raiders either no longer care because they are in the new harder content or like beating the snot out of the old. For example, remember the Curator fight in Khara? Pre-wotlk patch nerf, Curator was a major step in the difficulty in Khara. That was the fight that meant you went from easy to harder. Curator would take a while for groups to master because if you didn't have the dps to kill the flares, you would get overwhlemed. Post-nerf, Curator was hilariously easy. We dropped him in 1 minute! I remember Vent being full of laughter because we dropped him so fast.

New players do not care that its easier because they are finally getting to see content they want to see.

So out comes WotLK and the raids to begin are really easy. This is why I expect the Ulduar raid to be exceptionally hard since Blizzard has already "nerfed" Naxx, Sanctum and such to begin with. I honestly think the new raid will require all Naxx gear or better to even be remotely successful. Forget blues and heroic gear, Naxx is the step in between.

I honestly think Blizzard just saved themselves some work from nerfing Naxx later and because IF the difficulty sky-rockets with the new raid, Blizzard doesn't have to mess with the old stuff. Also, who knows how long it will take for people to get through Naxx so this way its ready even for the last guild to make it through.

Sorry, I know I rambled and probably do not make that much sense, but I hope you get what I am saying.

actually that makes alot of sense by making it easier the casual crowd will be able to beat the raids without alot of frustration fo them. i just wish wow wasnt so end game centered but oh well

• highblurhighblur Member Posts: 55

As far as content goes~ it's been a beautiful journey from 70 to 80 so far.  All the new instances were amazing - the bosses, the gimicks and so forth were mostly all recaps to bring the new player up to speed with how to handle what has already come and gone.  The re-use of Naxxramas is meh considering I did it at 40 man ad infinitum~ but it's still fun to bring new friends through old material.  

Beyond all the amazing instance, skill and environment goodies that have been added I too feel that it is almost to the point of boredom.  The main reason is that it's all been "done" ~ the details are different, but the overall concepts have been reused, which I explain above is fine (in order to bring new players up to speed on raiding mechanics and fights).  

Don't be so ignorant to think Blizzard would make it "this easy" for the rest of the expansion.  This beginning taste is obviously to regear people at 80, get players comfortable with some basic encounters (void zones, shatter, portals to other realms, avoiding lava/aoes/clouds, spreading out/sticking together and so on), and prepare people for what is to come (forming guilds/community etc).

Now the question, What is to come?  Beyond asking the OP if he's actually even been able to complete some of the harder achievements (Immortal, Twilight Vanq etc)~ it's quite obvious that some very hard encounters will be incoming.  I believe to preface that, maybe a world event (akin to aq40) to open Ulduar or some sort of thing.  I believe Ulduar will be larger than what we have seen before, with maybe wings akin to Naxx and probably one Onyxia/Magth-type of encounter.  I know for a fact, those who are complaining that it is too easy now - will be crying at the all-too predictable bottleneck that will halt 80% of the raiders until the boss is "fixed" for them.

We'll see who is saying WoW is easy then.  I'll still be here~

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Originally posted by Boltonsquad

Exact reason why i quit, my ret paladin is 5/5 25 man geared, full epic, all content cleared quite some time ago. Its pointless anymore.

Exact same setup as you.

I got $300 for it, pretty good considering I only played for 4 weeks, and it only cost me about $100 to set it up.

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550

Don't worry.  In two years there should be another expansion.  Just try to keep yourselves occupied with raiding Naxx for a couple of more years and I am certain you will be rewarded.

• adammainadammain Member Posts: 35

This new content is so easily mastered...for a raider it's hard to keep interested. Basically I gotta level multiple chars to keep interested and even that is not interesting anymore.

Just a thought.

Blizzard has made it clear time and again that Naxx was going to be an introductory raid. They wanted people to see what many consider the best instance they've created up to this point. Only a handful of guilds ever saw the defeat of KT during the 40 man days.

Someone below has mentioned the titles like The Immortal and Twilight Vanquisher. These add a whole new dimension to the fights and if you're that bored, get your guild to give them a spin.

Also, Naxx has 18 bosses. From what I understand Ulduar is going to have more than that. On top of that, it is planned to add a "hard mode" to most of these bosses ala Sartharion. This should not only slow progression through the instance but add enough challenge to hold people over to the next instance.

• Nagrand99Nagrand99 Member Posts: 17

I play wow and got addicted for like 5 months but after that I quit playing it also I play it like 24 hours straight

lol

• Nagrand99Nagrand99 Member Posts: 17

JUST VOTE

• WebferretWebferret Member UncommonPosts: 90

Played WoW since mid Beta, Was fun at first. But no, rather boring. I recently cancelled my subs to WoW cause I found WotlK rather dull, was way too easy and was done with content so fast it was a joke and my personal opinion not worth the $40 I paid for it. Got my few high elvel chars to 80 extremely fast and I was only playing a few hours a night if lucky. Dungeon runs were fun the first and maybe the second time, but after that same ol' same ol'.

I won't be waiting another year or more for an Exp, my WoW days are over. In teh last few weeks I played all I was doing was loggin in chatting to some friends and them loggin off, I can get plenty of free chat programs instead of paying for WoW LOL.

Think I going to wait and see what comes out in the near future that might be interesting, til then I have heaps of single player games to get completed.

Tan.

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866

i quite enjoyed returning for two months to level my characters but you have to rememeber i d not played for nearly a year . its not the game it once was . i m not one of these people that long for the old south shore battles although they were a lot of fun . mmos do always need to move on . but everything in wows endgame now is either about arena play or endless grinding of an instance . the pvp side of the game is imbalanced and essentially world pvp is brocken at present because of the inevitable lag you get .

wow really is now a social phenomenon . people stay because they know people in game . a lot of the time they dont like the way the game is going but they stay because thier friends are there .

i sometimes think of wow as being a 3d chat room these days . i ve spoken to guild friends who are bored but stay because its all about the community . mind you it is a nice guild i was in .

still i would nt sit  through a movie i d seen a hundred times before just because my friends want to .

same difference

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by googajoob7

wow really is now a social phenomenon . people stay because they know people in game . a lot of the time they dont like the way the game is going but they stay because thier friends are there .
    i sometimes think of wow as being a 3d chat room these days . i ve spoken to guild friends who are bored but stay because its all about the community . mind you it is a nice guild i was in .
    still i would nt sit  through a movie i d seen a hundred times before just because my friends want to .
    same difference

Agreed, worse reason ever to play WOW, or any other game for that matter, because your friends do, or you like the company.  Time to get out and meet some real life friends if you ever find yourself crutching on a game for entertainment to the point you will tolerate boredom just to play it.

Understandable that they can't keep a "hardcore" raider entertained while trying to cater to their much larger casual player base. (though associating the word hardcore with anyone playing WOW is a huge stretch IMO)

It's impossible for a game to be everything to everyone and be good in every aspect of gameplay.  WOW is good at what it does, but makes many comprimises which make it less than idea for people who are looking for gameplay along more challenging lines such as raiding or pvp.

Now, there real question the OP has to ask himself is, can he leave it all behind?  I did 2 years ago, and so have many others, but some people seem to be trapped by the game, and can't let it go, even when they've come to hate it, which is one of the oddest things I've seen about the game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ketrineketrine Member Posts: 285

Just a thought.

Go play Vanguard

• TeranHawkinsTeranHawkins Member Posts: 279

I'm bored too, that's why I'm cancelling after my current month is up!

• ketrineketrine Member Posts: 285
    Originally posted by TeranHawkins

Bwhahahahahhaa... i can tell you all are ready for a really REALLY good sandbox...

My evil scheme is almost complete...

are you bored of WoW?

are you wondering why it is no longer challenging? Dull? Lifeless? 

Do you wonder if it can be better?

What if there's another way...

>>>>Developers, take notice <<<<<

These people are ready for a deeper game....

... please give them one!

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550

Originally posted by pencilrick

Don't worry.  In two years there should be another expansion.  Just try to keep yourselves occupied with raiding Naxx for a couple of more years and I am certain you will be rewarded.

If all you do in WOW is raid, you will grow bored. That's why fans of WOW realize there is more than raiding to the game and I still have yet to understand why people who hate the game can't grasp that fact.

I don't raid much; maybe twice, and I don't "hate" the game.  But I do think Blizzard made a major mistake in taking down the level of challenge with the release of their new expansion.

Part of the fun of adventuring in an MMO world is the continuous "journey" through levels and exploration and overcoming difficult challenges.  But when a game has its difficulty factor lowered to the level of "Chutes and Ladders", then it no longer becomes fun.  Everybody quickly maxes out, gets their welfare epics, and stands around "all dressed up with no where to go."

Oh, if I had a nickel for every bored level 80 I see in the game these days....

• PhilssPhilss Member Posts: 433

Blizz are not in a bad spot you know why? Because 90% of the wow population is casual and 10% hardcore . The one in bad spot are u hardcore gamer . Anyway i dont even know how u can still like raiding after all these years . I never really got into raiding since classic WoW im  doing some very casual PvE now and most of my time i twink toon to pvp .

• FinbarFinbar Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Originally posted by ketrine

Originally posted by TeranHawkins

Bwhahahahahhaa... i can tell you all are ready for a really REALLY good sandbox...

My evil scheme is almost complete...

are you bored of WoW?

are you wondering why it is no longer challenging? Dull? Lifeless? 

Do you wonder if it can be better?

What if there's another way...

>>>>Developers, take notice <<<<<

These people are ready for a deeper game....

... please give them one!

Try EQ2. It is MUCH different from its initial release,and well worth a go. If you try the trial for gods sake leave the newbie island right away and head to Timours Deep, or Dark  Light Wood or something better.

FINBAR
    -------------------------------------------

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

Vaelastrasz was the last obscenely hard and annoying fight, and the last time I was really excited about a kill.  It was a guild busting encounter back in the day.  Guilds would literally implode from frustration and fighting trying to kill him.  WoW has become an EZmode joke.  In fact, it's so easy it's not even worth the time anymore.