Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whats a good server?

Not a roleplaying server , just good population, and a place where u can find a group as u level up.

Comments

• ketrineketrine Member Posts: 285

Brandywine and Silverlode are good

• IllthalaIllthala Member Posts: 56

thank you for answering.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Elendilmir is the Oceanic server so there are players on from all over the US, Australia and even EU at all hours!  I spend much of my time online overnight on CST US and there are always plenty of ppl to play with!

trying it out now on brandywine.  really enjoying the game.

I cant figure out though, the world doesnt seem 'continous' in the way that wow or vanguard is, u cant simply go from place ot place, it seem smore like 'zones' like what you got in war.  i completed a level 5 qust in the start zone and wham im teleported to some elf city, later in time presumably?

that part of the mmo is perplexing the rest  i like so far.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by Illthala

trying it out now on brandywine.  really enjoying the game.
    I cant figure out though, the world doesnt seem 'continous' in the way that wow or vanguard is, u cant simply go from place ot place, it seem smore like 'zones' like what you got in war.  i completed a level 5 qust in the start zone and wham im teleported to some elf city, later in time presumably?
    that part of the mmo is perplexing the rest  i like so far.

Yes it is continuous. The maps might give the opposite impression but if you've gotten out of the new player instance and as you level up and move along, you will see that they are large areas. the only loading screen you will get from area to area so going from new player area to bree/shire and then the area in Eregion that leads to the Moria entrance.

edit: what place to place are you trying t get to and I'll look at the maps and see what you are talking about.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • greytailgreytail Member Posts: 8

As a Member of the Old Timers Guild,  I am biased as to saying that Gladden is the best server to play on.  We chose that server at the end of closed beta because it was far enough down the list that the average person who joined the game wasn't going to pick it and flood the server with all the little 10 and 12 year olds wanting to see who had the biggest e-peen.  The PvMP is good and the people are excellent.

Grey

figurd it out, its just the starting area for ur first run through.

whats annoying is now i get some crashes, a blue screen and my cpu resets.

• MarimzirtudMarimzirtud Member Posts: 17

I've found the silverlode server to be quite nice... however it is the only one I've spent significant amounts of time on...

• GhomatzakiGhomatzaki Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Khrymson

Elendilmir is the Oceanic server so there are players on from all over the US, Australia and even EU at all hours!  I spend much of my time online overnight on CST US and there are always plenty of ppl to play with!

Ahh, thanks for the tip Khrymson, I'm from Australia and I recently picked up shadows of angmar (mines of moria isn't released until Feb 5 next week) so I'll be looking to spend much time on this server. Plus it's good to read that it has a healthy population.

Cheers.

What do you mean my birth certificate expired?

• blacktwarblacktwar Member Posts: 5

I play on silverlode. There are many active kinships and I constantly see groups LLF. It isn't overrun  by 12 yr olds and the players are generally helpful and intelligent (dare I say that?).  There also isn't an overabundance of elitist attitudes overrunning everything (the classic 'my gear is better than your gear', or 'you slotted THAT trait, man you are so stupid') which I just can't stomach for long. Silverlode is a good server.

• Rochet75Rochet75 Member Posts: 6

Elendimir is hands down the best server