Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LotrO US Trial is back!

"We're pleased to announce that the 10 day Free Trial for The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria is now open! If you have friends who have been waiting for an opportunity to try LOTRO, let them know they can start their free trial by visiting http://www.lotro.com/trial! Enjoy the game!"

Atlast :)

If WoW = The Beatles
and WAR = Led Zeppelin
Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Yay, but now sadly others can get the trial without us sending out invites!  I like all the free months I've been acquiring since I havn't yet bought the lifetime sub!  Anyway, links to the trial DL and websites for both US and EU have been added under my signature!

Have fun, see ya in-game!

• BOPEEPZBOPEEPZ Member Posts: 10

it doesn't work.. it never sends any confirmation email after registering your name and email address.. and there's no where to create a username and password

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by BOPEEPZ

it doesn't work.. it never sends any confirmation email after registering your name and email address.. and there's no where to create a username and password

Check your spam box, email you provided, you know.... The normal PC and E-mail common sense check list.

I have had 2 friends allready use it with no issues.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Check your spam box, email you provided, you know.... The normal PC and E-mail common sense check list.

I don't know about him, but I've sent for the key on multiple e-mails and checked every folder possible and it just isn't there. I guess the only option is to call support about it.

• trieditalltrieditall Member UncommonPosts: 49

Started the download last night, 10+ gig wow!

Peer to peer download is nice...

Originally posted by trieditall

Started the download last night, 10+ gig wow!
    Peer to peer download is nice...

Could you please let us know if you're actually able to get the registration key and get your account going?

• BOPEEPZBOPEEPZ Member Posts: 10

I tried two different emails.. one yahoo and one my own domain.. and nothing came to either of them.

it's all fucked up.. Turbines sticking it right in my ass

• trieditalltrieditall Member UncommonPosts: 49

Does not work for me either...

I stand corrected, seems others are also having this issue, they are aware, and are fixing it.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

Just for the record, if Turbine says it is fixing the problem, they will fix the problem in a timely fashion. 

Also, as a long time player of LotRO, if you like pve ... you are going to love this game (although in 10 days' time you are not going to get anywhere near Moria)  Join us, have fun, the intro zones are already busy.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

I stand corrected, seems others are also having this issue, they are aware, and are fixing it.

Ok, that's good to hear. I'm glad they're at least aware of it now. Thanks for the news.

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388

Any update on trial registration problems? I d/l'd the client, from the launcher I put in name, email, bdate. Hit next and the bdate fields go blank and nothing happens. No emails. Been waiting about 12 hours now.

Ty

• BlackndBlacknd Member Posts: 600

Yeah, they seem to be going rather slow about fixing it. It's a shame, that's all that's standing between me and buying it :)

.. But in a good way.

• RepeatDiscRepeatDisc Member Posts: 12

My friend and I are going to jump on this with both feet. I downloaded a LOTRO trial a few years ago, but I was too busy to be able to really give it a thorough run. Didn't even get out of the starter zone! Now I'll finally be able to see if I'm going to drop the cash for it.

Edit: I posted this when my download was almost finished... and I can't get registered either. I was all excited too.

Goodbye, my strange pain, number 28.

• RepeatDiscRepeatDisc Member Posts: 12

Well, lol, damn... I can't even figure out how to open the client. The "Play" button on the downloader doesn't highlight or react, opening any .exes in the LOTRO folder just gives me an error...

greeaaat

I don't know, I might just run out and buy this and skip all this junk.

Goodbye, my strange pain, number 28.

• FrelornFrelorn Member Posts: 2

Hey everyone. For those of you who were having issues with the trial, please try again. We have made some configuration changes that should help resolve these issues.

Thanks to everyone who reported these issues to us.

Turbine Community Relations

YAY!

----------

How are you?" -Me