Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RF Client problem

redonlyredonly Member Posts: 17

hello, i have some problem with the client i downloaded for RF, I downloaded the full client, when the download finish, it pops up and said (send a report) or (do not send) and i click do not sent. After that, there is a RF client on my desktop, when i open it or double clicked it, my computer completely started to freeze. I have to restart my computer. I did this twice already and no luck. It took me around 12 hours to download the full client, never ever had downloaded a client for 12 hours before. I do have the right requirement specs for the game.

After a day when i finish downloading RF Client, my computer start to freeze every time i turn on or start the computer. Now that is totally screw up my computer but luckily, i got a back up file to make my computer new again, although i really love to try this game but i cant.... i am such a unlucky person.

I had played many mmorpg out there and this is the only one i have trouble downloading on to my computer.

Is there a way for me to download this game without any problems? if i did not have the backup file, i am totally screwed.

Comments

• catfudcatfud Member Posts: 135

The download for this game is horrible, the website wouldnt work on FF for me so had to use crappy IE *shudder* then when I can finally download the client it takes about a million years to download. After waiting far to many hours I get a message "download complete" so I go to my desktop... no installer. Search my entire computer... no installer. Yup had to download the whole thing again. Luckily it was a lot faster this time round (still a good few hours though). I double clicked the installer and nothing happened for ages... then eventually it gave me a prompt to choose a directory. But it was a good 10 minutes before anything actually happened. Game is installed now and runs perfectly with no problems.

Love the game but really hate the way they have setup the website / download / client install package. Its shockingly crap.

------------------------------------------------
    Founder of The Divine Council of Pyr
    MMO: Ryzom - RF Online
    Ryzom FREE Trial: PLAY NOW!!! - The must play MMO!

• jimbo833jimbo833 Member Posts: 158

try and download one of the rar files, it seems to work for me when i installed it (i had others on desktop though)

• redonlyredonly Member Posts: 17

Thanks catfud and Jimbo for replying.

Want to ask another question, catfud or anyone who had download successfully and play rf successfully, when you had finish downloading, the installer icon on your desktop, what does it look like? When i finish my download, the installer appears a window icon. Jimbo said i should try to download the .rar file, im doing that right now but will that icon be the same as before? or the .rar file is much better then downloading the full client exe version?

P.S - nevermind, the .rar file i downloaded got an error. I guess ill look for another mmorpg.

• catfudcatfud Member Posts: 135

I never tried downloading the .rar versions. I've only made the two attempts at the full client. Its a shame that having so much trouble getting the client is putting potential new players off the game.

I'm at work atm so dont have the installer icon to hand, off the top of my head the icon is like a little computer box with a globe and small arrow. The icon does suggest 'installer'   -  Thats the best I can give you right now, somebody might be able to correct me if I'm wrong.

The only thing I can suggest is giving the full download one more try

Founder of The Divine Council of Pyr
    MMO: Ryzom - RF Online
    Ryzom FREE Trial: PLAY NOW!!! - The must play MMO!

• godheadgodhead Member Posts: 1

k, so i downloaded the rar files, stil cant do annything, if i extract the files they just replace the other, and stil get a corruption error . . . and downloadin the full client at 0.17mb/s . . . thats just crazy 

• Fal0Fal0 Member Posts: 22

When you download the client, choose the directory before you start the download.  Mine was set to desktop, but some may differ and save it in nowhere you can find.  So check on that b4 you download.

I tried the rar files and filefront, filefront has the old file which didn't work, rar took kind of long.. so I eventually downloaded the client one.  installed it and working fine now.  It took long too, mine was about 0.30mb, took me about 2 hours to finish.  Lucky I was watching a movie while the comp did that  =P

hmm to OP, dunno if the file actually contained a virus or not. But if your comp froze after you opened the client.. Then there could be a chance that the file did contain virus.  And did you check your hard disk space? did you have enough space to install the game?

When I edit something, its for grammar. (edited)

• fthorzfthorz Member Posts: 1

I finally got the game, copied straight from a friend who already plays at global, because the filfefront is broken and the winrar download is always getting some error.

When I first tried to log in today, though, some laucher update came up, changed my launcer to japanese (or chinese, corean, I can't tell the dif) and it eventually gets an error and never finishes updating.

If I have to download it again, is there any other way, like Utorrent or something, to download it, since those links provided at ofical page are either broken or damaged/corrupted?