Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the wrath of the lich kings endgame pvp needs improving .( in fact at present its broken )

i ve enjoyed leveling up my two chracters over the last couple of months in wow . its been a lot of fun but i v reached 80 and started looking to get back into pvp and found the battle   grounds are dead and wintersgrasp is a total mess because its lagging so badly most of the time its totally unplayable . while i aknowlage there will always be some class imbalances it now appears that rogues are tantamount to having super powers ,paladins are virtually immortial and theres also issues with death knights .

while the pve side of the game is still great the pvp is essentially brocken at the moment . its led me to leave a lot sooner than i would have . thats not to say i wont keep my ear to the ground and come back if some future patch sorts these issues out .

Comments

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Let me guess ... you got pissed at all the FUD going on in the WAR forums.  

I didn't participate over the weekend, but the 'regular' battlegrounds were fine the last time I played.  Having said that I do agree with the lag in Wintergrasp.  Granted I have a low-end system by today's standards, but I suspect some improvements could be implemented by Blizzard.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

The stability of arenas and wintergrasp has been an issue that the mods have recently brought up and acknowledge.  The fix will come soon. 

The issue of the lack of people in battlegrounds is really because the benefits of doing PVE far outweigh the benefits of grinding honor (except if you plan to buy the pvp belt, boots, necklace, cape, trinket, and rings.)  Most people already had a ton of honor saved up prior to 3.0 so they didn't need to do much BG grinding in order to purchase those items listed.  As for the other essential gear-they all drop in PVE raids now.  Thats right, hateful and deadly gladiator gear drop in PVE raids.  It sucks.  It really does.  Its a joke to see these players with tons of resilience and great pvp gear still get their asswhipped in pvp.  Yet I have to work double hard because my gear blows and I refuse to raid.  Most pve takes much less skill then earning a high rating in arenas, yet blizzard felt the need to reward players that raid.  They really messed up the system in my opinion. 

The issue of burst dps has also recently been acknowledge by Ghostcrawler.  He says that dps is "too bursty" yet is not sure exactly how to fix the issue.  Many players say that 600-800 resilience is whats needed to survive the extreme burst dps that classes are putting out.  I for one know how tough it can be.  Yesterday a an elemental shaman actually 2 shotted me.  9K and 6k in less then 3 seconds.

I'll say this though, its HILARIOUS to beat these teams that have AMAZING gear while I am in full blues.  I hope it demotivates them. lawl

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

i played quite a bit of wintergrasp over the weekend and stability does not seem to be an issue on my server.

I don't mind the balance right now because i am playing an Arcane mage :P It is fun to kill something with a 10k crit arcane barrage.

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866

were there many playing wintersgrasp on your server ( is it a low server ) i ve now played it on two medium servers and ifs bad everytime and i m hearing similar tales from other servers where i had lowbies on .

• DkevlarDkevlar Member Posts: 308

Recently played a WG with a lot of people, more than normally, since alliance was winning, what is very rare on my server so a lot of alliance joined to ensure the win and have the chance  to buy the rewards, and I didn't had lag (tho i'm blessed with a latency in wow of normally between 40 and 60 ms )

• floppyfacefloppyface Member Posts: 97
    Originally posted by TheHavok

The issue of burst dps has also recently been acknowledge by Ghostcrawler.  He says that dps is "too bursty" yet is not sure exactly how to fix the issue.  Many players say that 600-800 resilience is whats needed to survive the extreme burst dps that classes are putting out.  I

People were telling the devs the same things since beta and they took no notice. Even a lot of people with 600-800 resilience are commenting that all it does it allow to do is last a few seconds longer.

I dont know who, or where this ghostcrawler guy comes from. He's obviously some buffer between the community and Kalgan (Tom Chilton) and Tigole (Jeff Kaplan) the lead devs. Obviously one of the devs got roped into being some sort of PR rep to avoid Kalgan writing stupid things on the forums.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Ghostcrawler is the lead game system designer.

www.wowinsider.com/2008/10/10/ghostcrwaler-introduced-to-blizzcon/

Originally posted by Xasapis

Ghostcrawler is the lead game system designer.

www.wowinsider.com/2008/10/10/ghostcrwaler-introduced-to-blizzcon/

The whole position smacks of Kalgan and Tigole not wanting to deal with the community so they get a guy who is obviously better at that than them (not hard).

Chilton and Kaplan are still the lead game designers. While they may have give this ghostcrawler guy a large role in class design they are still the devs in charge. Could you image kalgan or tigole conversing as much, and as civilly, as GC does in the Class Roles forum? No chance in hell.

Heres a great example of what a joke PvP (and all of WoW) has become

www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php

A movie of a 2k rated deathknight in 3v3 who clicks and keyboard turns. Imagine seeing a shaman or warlock clicking or keyboard turning hitting 2k these days? No chance in hell.

Oh, WoW. What have you become?

(and before you start accusing me of always being a WoW hater I played for over 3.5 years with 250 days played across my characters)

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Even if you're right, I don't see what's wrong with that. There are people who are gifted when dealing with larger crowds and there are others who are not. Putting the most gifted of those two in this slot doesn't invalidate his status.

How does him coming later on the project invalidates his status?

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866
    Originally posted by floppyface

Heres a great example of what a joke PvP (and all of WoW) has become

www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php

A movie of a 2k rated deathknight in 3v3 who clicks and keyboard turns. Imagine seeing a shaman or warlock clicking or keyboard turning hitting 2k these days? No chance in hell.

Oh, WoW. What have you become?
    (and before you start accusing me of always being a WoW hater I played for over 3.5 years with 250 days played across my characters)

i totally agree . i ve been playing wow for a similar amount of time ( although i ve taken breaks ) . i was shocked at how bad the endgame is now . i d love to return to it sometime but not untill its fixed . i m having a month in warhammer at the moment . its good fun and nowhere near as buggy as a lot of people say but its proberbly not something i would want to play long term ( although for the odd month i think its great ) .i guess i ll give hellgate london a look now its free to play and get me pvp kicks from team fortress . shame to see wow in decline .hope things are sorted soon .

• NightbladeX1NightbladeX1 Member Posts: 201

The fall of this game began in Arena during the BC, and continued on it's downward spiral when the entire fucking endgame became instanced farm fests. Only now the facade of the grind has been torn down; so people can see how boring the game actually is. The beautiful game world is wasted, and is only used as an engine to get players to level 80. Two expansions and many years later they still try to pass off Warsong gulch as new content, PVE has been made a joke for the raid crowd; PVP was astonishingly made worse and every attempt to fix it just makes things more ridiculous and a quaint achievement system will not be enough to keep veterans around much longer.

Barring some sort of miracle, I don't know what WoW can do to make things interesting again; unfortunately, they have the luxury of having an imbecilic playerbase who continues to pay for an experience they continously complain about because "There's nothing better".

I quit WoW towards the end of S3 after I attained all of my arena gear; a chore I care not to repeat a fourth time. They may have mixed in some innovative quests in the grind to 80; but the end result is still the same. Log in, do dailies log off. Log in, do heroic, log off. Log in, do BGs, log off. Log in, do 10 arena games, log off. Wintergrasp was a fantastic idea, but it's lag and poor design make it yet another chore for players to endure.