Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Rant. Beware it maybe long...

So after SE lowered "The Hammer" the other day banning people i did a little research and found that so very few Japanese players were actually banned.  A little more looking, reading, and talking to some people apparently this was discussed for a very long time on japanese boards but nothing was ever done to stop the people who were doing the dupe trick.  But, what's funny is the sheer lack of Japanese players from this list.  There are a few but considering they make up the majority of players of this game you would expect at the very minimum an equal balance of players banned.  Alas, that's not what we have.

This coming on the heels of two people I know getting banned for "MPK" when SE swears they have made it where you cant do it.  One was a BST that had tamed a pet, was exp'ing and when done released the pet and warped out.  Apparently it was not far from its spawn location so instead of depopping it stuck around.  A Japanese player was afk (healing) and it aggroed him and killed him.  This person was not asked their side of the story just that they were reported for MPK'ing someone and boom, banned.  Coincidence that she's a NA player and he was a JP player?

So another person i know, a good friend of mine, plays during the JP prime time.  He was doing Campaign when after he leaves he gets a tell alittle later from  GM and was accused of MPK'ing.  That's right, MPK'ing during Campaign.  He asked how this was possible and no explanation was given other than they received several complaints.  When he asked what could be done, he was banned.

When maintenance goes on, it's during EU and NA prime time. 

I don't know about others but i'm getting fed up with the 2 sets of rules for JP players and the rest of us.  It seems like they get by with a lot more than anyone else even when it comes to stuff like dupe exploits.  SE promises more bans to come but like I pointed out before, the great majority of players banned so far have been NA/EU players.

Throw this on top of the fact that with the servers in Japan getting claim on an NM over a JP player is nearly impossible it makes for even a deeper rift.  Then you have the JP players who insist on "Japanese Party only". 

I wait for SE to release more named from the recent bannings and hope that they are flooded with JP names (Come on, we know they were cheating the system too) but I don't think we will.  SE really needs to deal with this before it becomes worse.  I think treating us fairly isn't too much to ask for.

EVE - Sharvala
FFXI - Shazamalicious
Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
"Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Originally posted by Suplyndmnd

Then you have the JP players who insist on "Japanese Party only". 
    I wait for SE to release more named from the recent bannings and hope that they are flooded with JP names (Come on, we know they were cheating the system too) but I don't think we will.  SE really needs to deal with this before it becomes worse.  I think treating us fairly isn't too much to ask for.

So they want to play with there own native tongue, lots of other languages do too including NA!  The difference in most NA is they just don't list NA only, and will settle for anything cause most of us are impatient and demand progress immediately!  Just look at all the other MMOs in this world and thats proof enough...the damned easy-mode BS.

Well how do you know that the Japanese are cheating?  Its emtirely possible they are not and if they were they were slick enough not to get caught, but I stand by that they were not cheating!  Its more the chinese I'd be worried about more cause of their society and need for cheating to earn real money over Japan who live comfortably and don't have such a harsh government! 

NA players are notorious cheaters and there is solid documented proof of it everywhere and in every game/MMO known.  The biggest and first case I bring up would be Phantasy Star Online for Dreamcast.  I had the import and played with the Japanese and it was great, hack/cheat free until the NA release...then hacking and cheating became rampant to the point that the JP couldn't stand it anymore and they left, as did I.  Then there was Final Fantasy XI of which I also imported and played with the JP; eventually switching to an english client so I could read what I was doing.  Then the NA release came around and same thing did eventually happen but took much longer, but it was more the RMT with the Chinese.

Notice how after the PSO and FFXI fiasco they stopped releasing AAA MMOs that had world-wide language servers.  NA and Oceanic[Aussie} are stuck together, EU are by themselves basically, and Japan is by themselves.  Course you have players from all countries buying into the US servers to play with a larger population or to do RMT and sell us gold!  Gah I loathe gold sellers...they all should be drug out to the middle of the street and shot!

Anyway....if the Japanese are cheating there is no proof or reports yet, but there is clear indication of the Chinese and NA players in droves.

• dominiadominia Member Posts: 191

To the OP,

I've often toyed with the thought that it is not some weird racism/ favoritism/nationalism on Square's part, but smart business. Currently there is no western mmo making any kind of headway in Japan, only FFXI. To that end, even the PS3, 360 and Wii all struggle to get Japanese sales for different reasons.

My belief is Square knows they have a proverbial "in" with the Japaneses gamer at the moment, and they are very hesitant to ruffle any feathers with a future mmo down the pipes. Throw the banhammer on enough of their own, and I suspect you'd see a much larger backlash that could possibly cripple one of Japan's few thriving developers.

Originally posted by Khrymson
    So they want to play with there own native tongue, lots of other languages do too including NA!  The difference in most NA is they just don't list NA only, and will settle for anything cause most of us are impatient and demand progress immediately!  Just look at all the other MMOs in this world and thats proof enough...the damned easy-mode BS.
    Well how do you know that the Japanese are cheating?  Its emtirely possible they are not and if they were they were slick enough not to get caught, but I stand by that they were not cheating!  Its more the chinese I'd be worried about more cause of their society and need for cheating to earn real money over Japan who live comfortably and don't have such a harsh government! 
    NA players are notorious cheaters and there is solid documented proof of it everywhere and in every game/MMO known.  The biggest and first case I bring up would be Phantasy Star Online for Dreamcast.  I had the import and played with the Japanese and it was great, hack/cheat free until the NA release...then hacking and cheating became rampant to the point that the JP couldn't stand it anymore and they left, as did I.  Then there was Final Fantasy XI of which I also imported and played with the JP; eventually switching to an english client so I could read what I was doing.  Then the NA release came around and same thing did eventually happen but took much longer, but it was more the RMT with the Chinese.
    Notice how after the PSO and FFXI fiasco they stopped releasing AAA MMOs that had world-wide language servers.  NA and Oceanic[Aussie} are stuck together, EU are by themselves basically, and Japan is by themselves.  Course you have players from all countries buying into the US servers to play with a larger population or to do RMT and sell us gold!  Gah I loathe gold sellers...they all should be drug out to the middle of the street and shot!

Anyway....if the Japanese are cheating there is no proof or reports yet, but there is clear indication of the Chinese and NA players in droves.

Hmmm...while I really do respect your opinion, there are so many things wrong with this comment I have neither the time nor patience to prove so much fallacy, point for point. At the very least there is no such thing as being "sly" when it comes to cheating in mmorpgs; everything is logged and can easily be detected if the developers know what to look for.

The Japanese are far from perfect and while not perfect either, neither America, nor China, are as vile as you would suggest. Speaking in such absolutes shows your ignorance.

Currently Playing: GW2
    Retired: Shadowbane, DAoC, WoW, FFXI, Eve Online, SWToR

The Aphelion MMO Blog - GW2 Initial Impressions

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553
    Originally posted by Khrymson

Then you have the JP players who insist on "Japanese Party only". 

So, you say that NA players are "NA Only" they just dont list it but, we're impatient and will just take whatever party we can get.  Which is it? We want NA Only or we'll just take any party we can get.  I do know some people who will only join English parties only and I call them out on the stupidity of it.  A party needs no more communication than where camp will be if everyone knows their jobs.  I've been in parites where I was the only English speaking person and they were great parties.  There are few exceptions but that goes for English only parties too.  

There was talk (like I previously stated) about Japanese players opening laughing about how easy it was to do. I will talk to my friend if she remembers the boards it was on but they are all in Japanese (she speaks both) and was telling me about it the day of the bans.  Proof that there was cheating.  Also as said by someone else there is no "Slick" to cheating.  There are logs.  And you come across as saying it's okay as long as they were good enough to get away with it.  And what the hell does the Japanese economy have to do with wether they cheat or not.

This is the stupidest comment i've seen since Larry visited these boards.  NA players are notorious cheaters?  If you're talking about MMO's such as WoW (where the English to "Other" ratio is about 20,000 to 1, then yeah, NA players are more prone to be cheaters.  So, FFXI is rampant with NA cheaters but only NA Chinese RMT Cheaters?  So who is cheating? NA players? The RMT Chinese players?  I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say.  I can, however say that I know about 100 people who play this game and I talk to with some regularity and none have had to cheat.  Myself included.

Perhaps more MMO's have different servers because they would like to make it more fair and so that they do not need to add an auto-translater like FFXI did.  The only point so far that you've made that I agree with is the anti gil/gold/money sellers. 

I'll try to get my friend to find the link (Unless you speak Japanese however you might not know what is being said) she was referring too where it was very open discussions about the dupe.

Overall, your post is filled with what one can only assume (or hope) is just a lack of knowledge instead of just general jackassery.  To claim that the Japanese do not cheat or are just so good at it that they can get away with it while in the same post claiming only English speaking players cheat is just mind boggling.  I'm not quite sure your motives or reasoning behind your beliefs but to think this is, again, stupidity or jackassery.  Unless you're just a troll and if so, good show sir.  I fell for it 100%.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

Reason #2 for me only speaking in Auto-Translate when talking to people I don't specificially know (Reason #1 so everyone can understand, Reason #3 Lazy), so they don't know what I am.

There are some specific things that give the Japanese the advantage. Like offical news is released to Japanese publications. Leaks to what items are going to be more expensive after an update is a inside Japanese worker telling his friends to go buy up all the stuff. Servers are in Japan so they get to see mobs spawn a split second sooner than people out of the country. My personal favorite (and something that I have complained about to SE actually) updates happen at like 3 am Japanese time, which translate to midday to early evening NA time. Thus the Japanese get to sleep during update when we sit on our hands and keep refreshing POL.

The first thing I have to question is: Did the Japanese player get off or are you imagining it? The only outlet I know that has names was BG and at last check (honestly I stopped caring once i say the bitch Syon burn for her crimes) they were up to 400ish out of 900 names. These names weren't given to them by SE, it was invesgitvative and rumor filled. Also BG is (at least I think it is) an American website. So they are going to be more interested in the English speaking world and report to their audience. Also, do they even know the Japanese people whose names might be dropped? Not as likly.

There are always rumors about the NAs getting the short end of the stick. The [GM] Dave stuff that WIzardry said in that other post. There were rumors that the GMs were the ones that were leading the gil seller linkshells back in the day. And those rumors always stayed around until the Task Force was created.

And other MMOs have region servers so people can play during like times. So the prime time for the server is the prime time for the region. It has nothing to do with language barriers or where your computer is located. If you waned to pop in WoW and play on an Oceanic server you are more than welcome to; infact I suggest it when you work the night shift and your only time to play is right after work.

And there are plenty of people who refuse to play with "foreign" players. I was in a party with someone who refused to play with "those people" and was bashing them when we were 5/6 and lfm. So he invites someone, awesome player, awesome party, awesome grill awesome kitty err ... sorry ... had a Michael Bay moment there. Anywho ... it was funny when 2 hours later the 6th droped a mt in German. I laughed. Anywho there are plenty of poeple who have plenty of reasons not to party with people that don't speak their langage -- none of which I agree with. FFXI is the MMO where those barriers are supposed to be broken. It is designed that way. We might be balck white asian ... We might be Japanese or American, or Spanish. In FFXI we are all the same ... pixels. And since we are just pixels we are all the same and all deserve the same love ... 'cept those Galka ...

And I have wonders how ol' Lar is doing ... he left as soon a Lich King was out ... just as I said

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553
    Originally posted by ic0n67

And I have wonders how ol' Lar is doing ... he left as soon a Lich King was out ... just as I said

*cough* Go check out the LOTR:O board *coughcough* He's up to his same antics over there now.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious

• wrongfeifongwrongfeifong Member CommonPosts: 405

Seriously, i never EVER thought japanese are even slightly efficient in doing anything.

They claim all NM? don't make me laugh, on a real competition, i claim more then them overall.

As for their JP pt only, if i have time to play on JP hours, i go with a ENG ONLY comment as corsair or bard.

Their parties are never efficient, i found their experience gaining is so slow compare the way i does thing.

It is not like i hate japanese, but sometime i found their chit chat are very rude (of course American does it too) whenever i am in their party.

You only think they are superior because they give you anime and stuff for entertainments. Japanese are no better human then any Americans... infact chinese is more superior overall (as for being richer now :P).

Since if everyone assume chinese are the source of RMT, and RMT are usually ones that earn gil the most efficient way, thus wouldn't chinese get the title for being superior and smarter then everyone else? :P

none

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

*cough* Go check out the LOTR:O board *coughcough* He's up to his same antics over there now.

aww that sucks ... LotRO is actually a pretty decent game ... i maybe might pick up the lifetime membership on it maybe next time they offer it maybe.

We all realize he is a Blizzard employee or fan boy. Lets go over there and save them

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Heheh.. Well he was. I haven't seen any new posts from him in a few days.

But yeah, it's pretty much a copy-n-paste of what he did here... find any little detail about the game, then post a new thread complaining about it.

I replied to him in one post, asking where his guide is that he's writing for us... I hope that doesn't inspire him to come back here.

If it does... I apologize ahead of time ; ;.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops