Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Highest populated server for EU people?

JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Hi,

Back in the old days (pre-CU / NGE) the Eclipse server was THE server with the largest European playerbase.

Combined with many US players. This server was simply the best with such mixed community making the server alive 24/7 at all times!

So now today.... what is the server with highest EU activity? And hopefully also at least some US activity? As I like mixed populations.

Cheers

Comments

• BinkoBinko Member Posts: 267

Chimaera (EU mix).

Farstar (EU German).

Played:
    From Earth & Beyond, Anarchy Online, Matrix Online, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa (Beta), EvE Online, City of Villians, Atlantica Online, Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Pirates of the Burning Sea, PlanetSide, RF Online, Second Life, Fallen Earth.

• AntaranAntaran Member Posts: 579

Chimaera is good, i moved there from Kauri recently and find the server has the population of how the game used to be.  PACKED!!!!!!

Note to self : By sayign a server is packed the door is now open for the haters and so called Vets that can't be classed as true vets, to flame.

PS: i've played for 4 years now, took a break after NGE but returned and find the game enjoyable again.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Binko

Chimaera (EU mix).
    Farstar (EU German).

Oh god! I rerolled on Farstar last night. I better go reroll to Chimaera tonight then! 

Cheers

The game is old so you will end up alone from time to time, but I must say that Chimaera have great population.

And don't forget that the game is very big. How many planets? 6 or 8? Maybe, it's big. So yes not every spot will be full of people.

WoW "have" 11,5 million players... still it feels like SWG have more population! =D

Played:
    From Earth & Beyond, Anarchy Online, Matrix Online, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa (Beta), EvE Online, City of Villians, Atlantica Online, Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Pirates of the Burning Sea, PlanetSide, RF Online, Second Life, Fallen Earth.

• GozzarGozzar Member UncommonPosts: 387

so farstar is a no no for a swed then ^^

Originally posted by Gozzar

so farstar is a no no for a swed then ^^

I think you find more on Chimaera. Well not many, but more. ^^

Played:

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Hmm... I just browsed and read to the forums the last hour over there.

It seems the Eclipse community is still the good old global (EU+NA+Oceanic) community wich I liked so much. Also the most mature one. Lot of RP going on (and still does).

Their playernumbers might be a bit lower then the highest pops, but as long as there are enough people online during most hours (wich is the case), then I am happy with it.

And so far it also seems that most of the European players from the pre-NGE days are still there.

This Eclipse Topic says it all

So I stick to good old Eclipse! 

• efefiaefefia Member Posts: 631

WoW "have" 11,5 million players... still it feels like SWG have more population! =D

lol no it doesn't, WoW probably has the same, if not more land mass than SWG now and you can go to the far flung reaches of any zone and still find other players, see how many people you can count out in the far reaches of Endor ot Lok.

...The spread of secondary and latterly of tertiary education has created a large population of people, often with well developed literary and scholarly tastes, who have been educated far beyond their capacity to undertake analytical thought.

• fluxenfluxen Member UncommonPosts: 40

Chimaera (EU mix).
    Farstar (EU German).

Farstar is for all euro players same as Chimaera the post will confuse people

• AntaranAntaran Member Posts: 579
    Originally posted by Guillermo197

Hmm... I just browsed and read to the forums the last hour over there.
    It seems the Eclipse community is still the good old global (EU+NA+Oceanic) community wich I liked so much. Also the most mature one. Lot of RP going on (and still does).
    Their playernumbers might be a bit lower then the highest pops, but as long as there are enough people online during most hours (wich is the case), then I am happy with it.
    And so far it also seems that most of the European players from the pre-NGE days are still there.
    This Eclipse Topic says it all
    So I stick to good old Eclipse! 

You'll find eclipse is a transfer from server though which means the population is pretty low m8.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Oh I miss my fellow Eclipsians Chimaera at least a few month back was active no matter what time of day I could get a group without any real issues Im sure with the transfers it will be even busier.

I have that nagging feeling inside me again telling me to go back sooo bored waiting on Aion.

• Vincen76Vincen76 Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by thamighty213

Oh I miss my fellow Eclipsians Chimaera at least a few month back was active no matter what time of day I could get a group without any real issues Im sure with the transfers it will be even busier.

I have that nagging feeling inside me again telling me to go back sooo bored waiting on Aion.

I've been playing on Chimaera since 2005, and while we did get a huge dip in population at the beginning of 2006 we've been getting a combination of new players, transfers from other serves and returning vets for the last year resulting in a well rounded playerbase.

Our main primetime is around 5pm GMT - 3am GMT, but you'll find players on all hours of the day really.

Chimaerans are active on the Heroic Chat Channel where you'll be able to find groups for just about any type of PVE content (Musty Instances, Heroics, Group Hunting etc). Mos Eisley is the main hub for players to socialize and get buffed up before going about their daily activities. During primetime you can easily find +100 players there, so expect lag and set your expectations accordingly :)