Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Easy Steps To Remake This Game

XxVespanexXXxVespanexX Member Posts: 19

I would like to begin by saying this is a horrible game. How anyone can take what thier doing as fun after seeing this crap is beyond me. If you have ever played box wars this is what this game looks like. The people look like cardboard boxes of different sizes with faces drawn on them. This can go hang with runescape in the I don't know what a good Game is so ill play the first crappy one i see section.

1 Tape some rocks together and spray paint them ( Terrain )

2 Pull Out Some Weeds and Glue Them To The Rocks ( Plants, Trees)

3 Throw some lego men with sharpie drawn eyebrows ( make them look more serious ) on top.

4. Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes (make sure the light is on "for the sun")

5. Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy your pile of ****

t(^.-)z bite me -,...,-

Comments

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

Wurm isnt a bad game.

personally if it had more money behind it.

It would be a better product overall.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

it's a very different game.   It was originally made by two developers and that indy-ness still shows.

that said You'd find me going back to this game before I would play WoW, AoC, and most likely WAR.   Though that's because those games have nothing to offer people who love crafting and player controlled worlds.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• ironoreironore Member CommonPosts: 957

Despite any and all flaws, Wurm is truly doing something different and believe me, I know because I have looked since the days of UO.

What I don't get is why people who don't like the idea behind Wurm have a problem with it.  They make it very clear on their website and everywhere else that this is not your standard MMO.  It isn't like they are trying to fool anyone.  They let you log right in for free and see what can be seen, with all the flaws and all the glory.  What more does anyone want?

I myself do not play Wurm much, but I have been following it on and off for a while.  Personally I don't find it fun in its current state (and not due to anything superficial like graphics and polish).  I simply find it is lacking in a few areas that would make it as dynamic as I one day hope to see in a game.  However, if I were to post about its shortcomings, I would do it constructively.

I suppose the problem is that some people are so into the current grind of MMOs that they expect to see that everywhere.  Strangely, if they were truly content with the current way things are going, they would find a good game and stick with it, but they don't.  They continually look around for another game as each one becomes stale with the lack of content, because it is all consumable and not dynamic as in player driven worlds.  Then when such people looking for more of the empty sameness come upon something different, it just boggles their minds.

And that is truly the paradox with trying to create something outside the box.  Even the people who are unsatisfied inside the box don't know what they are looking at when something new comes along, because, let's face it folks, the box currently doesn't even have windows.

IronOre - Forging the Future

• HannibalHKHannibalHK Member Posts: 3

Nothing wrong with new and interesting ideas, there is nothing worse than discouraging new things and new ideas, afterall, we do not enjoy the advances of todays games and general technologies because we shoot down what we don't know.

The graphics don't look good, sure, but it's an indy shop with next to no budget but innovation will not come from the mass produced franchizers out there as the risks involved are just too expensive for them, it's why mmo's have almost no really new ideas because it is too risky to entertain them.

• mutatormutator Member Posts: 131

i wish for 2 things for this game....

1. All out glory

2. for all who dont like the concept just shut up and go back to pac-man

• JackDonkeyJackDonkey Member Posts: 383

I enjoy this game.  The only thing I wish it had was a third person view, but that might take away some of the immersion.  I found out last night having to treat some wounds is not very fun, stupid crocodile.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    if I were to kill a titan tomorrow and no CCP employees showed up to say grats I would petition it.
    Waiting for: the next MMO that lets me make this macro
    if hp < 30 then CastSpell("heal") SpellTargetUnit("player") else CastSpell("smite") end

you probably gotta make a first aid pack everybody have one:D ok almost treating wounds is not that hard with the right equipment first kill off nerby beasts, then you heal yourself simple:D and that crocodile probably had Cp so thats probably why you couldnt heal yourself:P

• QwininQwinin Member Posts: 1

I have played this game on and off for a 3 years. I do keep comming back to it. I personally am sick of just fighting, a human obsession I admit.

Wurm is wilderness survival, frontier difficulties and the rest all rolled into one.

I loved modifying the landscape, laying out fields and building fence, walls ans gates. Finding and planting seeds and helping them to grow while building a homestead. I stopped for 8 months and when I got back to it, nature had reclaimed it all - brilliant.

Yes the characters and so on are 'wooden' but when working with the landscape it does not  matter and I'm sure that the developers have a lot more important aspects to think about that what some parts look like.

I think the landscape in higher detail settings are lovely.

This 'alternative life' game absolutly rocks when a number of people are working together to make a homestead, and doing it all with the sweat of your fingers is inspired. It really makes you think you have acumplished something. Just try flattening a sloping field to grow crops and see how far you get without first making a cart to help transport the soil away, or build up land in a lake to make a water front home on.

Combat can be avoided but contact with wildlife is very dangerious for the unwary but you can lead animals away from your home stead.

Great game.

this game is awsome yes... the only problem is that premium account thing... some character can do everything others cant do mutch, but to help a village and modify terrain was a pleasure indeed:) i wishe there were more games like this... the only thing that could improve about this game is graphics, that sucks but everything else is AWSOME!!! also you dont need to lead monsters away from your homestead if you got guards:)