Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BOREHAMMER...

Comments

• popingaypopingay Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by Spaceweed10

We on Eltharion in EU, made it to IC today - what a complete and utter waste of time.
    This is the WORST end game I have experienced in any MMO - apart from AoC.  It is outrageous.
    A huge effort from Order to create the opportunity, and for what?  Order in one instance, Desdemona in the other - doing what?
    Farming the same PQ over and over again for gold bags with Invader gear in them?  Mythic, is this it?  Is this what you worked 4 years for to achieve?  This game cannot hold a candle to the end game of DAoC, so what the hell has happened in the interim?
    Did you sack your best imaginative brains, or are they stuck in a time warp somewhere, thinking people enjoy this mind-numbing experience?
    I sat back whilst watching some of this inane activity, and thought to myself, 'ok, how do I feel about this now I'm here...'
    Underwhelmed and a massively multiplayered anticlimax.
    Rubbish.

find a MMO or single payer game that makes you happy.  There are plenty of choices out there.

• ougaritougarit Member Posts: 317

Only a boring game, that's all. That's why a lot of people are leaving the game. It's not a BAD game, not a vaporware, it's only boring.

Imo there ' s nothing else to say about war.

War isn't the best MMO but not the worst. AOC had a terrible launch, TCOS has no real launch, TR failed, VG failed, POTBS failed... etc

War is boring. 

Not a disaster, only boring. That's why War won MMORPG's price.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by ougarit
    Only a boring game, that's all. That's why a lot of people are leaving the game. It's not a BAD game, not a vaporware, it's only boring.
    War isn't the best MMO but not the worst. AOC had a terrible launch, TCOS has no real launch, TR failed, VG failed, POTBS failed... etc War is boring. 

This is as about as true as it gets for many who left. It's not a bad game in the way something like Horizons, God's War or Runescape are bad games. WAR just has a lot of bad (amateurish?) coding in the most critical part of the game, the end, compared to most other games. They have no clue how to distribute the loot properly and plenty other mistakes. Some can be fixed, some can't. But its not a "bad" game. Its pretty boring and extremely repetitive mostly and thats what the majority who left think. Good early, snorefest later.

Bad game, no. Boring game, yes.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

I think it s actually good. It s not boring in the least for me. It s improved alot IMO.

• VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Originally posted by popinjay

War isn't the best MMO but not the worst. AOC had a terrible launch, TCOS has no real launch, TR failed, VG failed, POTBS failed... etc

War is boring. 

This is as about as true as it gets for many who left. It's not a bad game in the way something like Horizons, God's War or Runescape are bad games. WAR just has a lot of bad (amateurish?) coding in the most critical part of the game, the end, compared to most other games. They have no clue how to distribute the loot properly and plenty other mistakes. Some can be fixed, some can't. But its not a "bad" game. Its pretty boring and extremely repetitive mostly and thats what the majority who left think. Good early, snorefest later.

My sentiments exactly right now. The game needs to fix some bugs here and there but they truly need to optimize their code and decide what they want out of end game. If it is going to be an individualist gear grind and ring around the battle objectives and keeps, then sooner or later my dwindling interest in this game will fade big time to the point I may no longer play. While I have a RR56 Rune Priest I just haven't had the desire to log in while I wait for my Slayer to get implemented. When the Slayer comes out I am going to play very casually as to not rush to Tier 4, which also is helped out by the fact I have a Lifetime Account in Lord of the Rings Online so I can play that as well, and hopefully by the time I get to Tier 4 the game will be in much better shape than it currently is.

• 7Fold7Fold Member Posts: 318
    Originally posted by Varking

Originally posted by popinjay

War is boring. 

My sentiments exactly right now. The game needs to fix some bugs here and there but they truly need to optimize their code and decide what they want out of end game. If it is going to be an individualist gear grind and ring around the battle objectives and keeps, then sooner or later my dwindling interest in this game will fade big time to the point I may no longer play. While I have a RR56 Rune Priest I just haven't had the desire to log in while I wait for my Slayer to get implemented. When the Slayer comes out I am going to play very casually as to not rush to Tier 4, which also is helped out by the fact I have a Lifetime Account in Lord of the Rings Online so I can play that as well, and hopefully by the time I get to Tier 4 the game will be in much better shape than it currently is.

I agree, lets hope they improve the endgame.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

give the game some time. They will work on End game once they are ready. at the moment they most likely feel that all the levels one must grind threw to reach the end game, needs more work so players will stick to the game rather than quiting half way threw.

• tr289tr289 Member Posts: 236

im one of the elder beta tester ... what you all are playing right now is not the game i and other elder testers played.

Mark and Mythic turned what IMHO was the most fun MMO i ever played into the POS you all are playing now.  the exp nerfs leading up to and shortly after release are the main culprit.  we ( elder testers ) had this dialed in.  when you logged into the game it didn't matter what you did , when you logged out later you felt like you advanced your charactor . you were never forced to grind exp or scenarios.  also 2 - 3 weeks before the open beta Mythic added the new graphics engin. this was the nail in the coffin.  before the final release version ,WAR was stable . there were NO major bugus in the game. plenty of small annoying ones but it was nothing like the turd of a game that was finally released.

it's really sad, this game was one of if not the best MMO i have ever played but it was ruined by a lot of really bad decisions right before release.

• HonkieHonkie Member Posts: 152

What the...people still play grindhammer? Lolhammer? Outoftouchdevshammer? Seriously though, I am pretty shocked that this still has a playerbase higher than the number of people that work at Mythic.

With such a rich game to build from (Warhammer), they managed to wring all the fun out of it with their development process.  Their much anticipated crafting system turned out to be more boring than the rest of it, even.

• RedmowRedmow Member Posts: 196

"What the...people still play grindhammer? Lolhammer? Outoftouchdevshammer?"

Yep, I sure do. And having alot of fun. I do agree about the crafting but otherwise I like the game alot.

I was never really that much into PvP until this game. Tried it in WoW...couldn't get into it. Tried it in SWG....had fun but it never really grabbed me there either. This isn't a slight towards those games, by the way. I'm sure others enjoy those games type of PvP and I won't redicule them for it.

Don't know why your surprised people play a game you hate. I'm surprised you think like that with the rich history of all the MMORPG's on this site...I hear the same old tripe on just about all of them. It's my money, and if I want to 'waste' it....what's that to you?

• "What I really do not get: why do people spend so much time on a game they dislike?

If I'm fed up with a game, I don't troll it's forums. And I believe that no one needs my infinite wisdom to make up their own mind. I've never posted in any WoW forum since I left, not even to tell anyone how I like WAR, nor to "say good-bye". I mean, I could tell these things to my friends in-game.

Also, for using caps in the thread title: hope you get enough d!ck, attention whore.

It's been said many times: the game is great. It evolves rapidly. I can log on, join a WB, fight the enemy, log out, and still don't mess up my RL because of it. That's how a game should be. 

All the classes are a lot of fun to play. The ones that I didn't like at first all turned out to be tough competition for my main (one example: shadow warrior).

I haven't hit T4 yet, but I don't need to. With the continuous ORvR action since the patch, it will take some time, since you don't level quite as fast as you did with the scenarios before, but who cares when it's fun. 

What I have written to Mythic in-game already is that lvl 40 needs its own scenario bracket, which is a no-brainer. They will do it with time, just two months later than we felt it should have been done, which is still a whole lot faster than Blizzard used to be.

I could go on about how great the majority of players are, how much role-playing was going on (playing on an RP-Server), etc, but back to my point - 

Why f***ing post about a game you don't like? What is this, a propaganda contest? Did this game hurt you? If you're afraid that too many customers will stay with this game, and thus your (imagined, because its still in beta) game of choice won't have enough subscribers, then you gotta be realizing there'd have to be a reason for that. Which would have to be that the game is good/great.

Again: I've never bothered to post in a forum of a game I've quit.

"It's too easy" - yeah, right. You mean you got creamed, because it's too easy, lmao. You're playing against humans, it's as easy/hard as these other players make it. Ironbreaker combo sequence consists of at least 15 actions with the right rhythm, while having to keep an eye on your target, on your healers, and on your other groupmates who might be focussing a different target to which you'd better switch, all in the midst of combat. And that's not even all, by far.

It seems to come down to: you didn't get what you want, and now you're angry. Probably played a witch elf, and couldn't find the detaunt button while trying to escape the order crowd after failing to kill the healer, since it was too hard to coordinate your attack with another player.

Well, it's your fault, because of your delusions of grandeur, and you will never get what you wanted, from no game. WAR is not to blame for how your life sucks.

Obviously T4 needs a lot of development, but why try to take the joy from those who like to play the game while that development is being done?

And seriously: stop raping your language. There, they're & their all mean different things, they just sound the same.

• ougaritougarit Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by areki

It's been said many times: the game is great. It evolves rapidly. I can log on, join a WB, fight the enemy, log out, and still don't mess up my RL because of it. That's how a game should be. 
    All the classes are a lot of fun to play. The ones that I didn't like at first all turned out to be tough competition for my main (one example: shadow warrior).

NO . This game is a joke for Warhammer strategy fans. I play War games since... 12 years ? This one is the worst played. a strategy game for kids.

In few days we'll have Warhammer Dawn of War II. 

The only thing i liked in WAr is Altdorf. Very nice, but can't pay a sub only for 1 city.

You never played a Wargame ?

You never played even a STR ?

You don't know what RvR is ?

You don't know what a PVP game is ?

You think RvRE is RvR ?

You think Wow's BG is the best PVP ?

You only played Wow, not even Warcraft II or III ?

You never played Warhammer  Shadow of the Horned Rat ?

You never played Warhammer Dark Omen ?

You never played Warhammer Dawn of War ?

You never played DAOC ?

You think Orcs and Dark Elves are allies ?

You think there's only 2 sides on Warhammer' s background ?

WAR IS FOR YOU.

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408
    Originally posted by Popingay1

Originally posted by Redmow

Yep, I sure do. And having alot of fun. I do agree about the crafting but otherwise I like the game alot.
     I was never really that much into PvP until this game. Tried it in WoW...couldn't get into it. Tried it in SWG....had fun but it never really grabbed me there either. This isn't a slight towards those games, by the way. I'm sure others enjoy those games type of PvP and I won't redicule them for it.
     Don't know why your surprised people play a game you hate. I'm surprised you think like that with the rich history of all the MMORPG's on this site...I hear the same old tripe on just about all of them. It's my money, and if I want to 'waste' it....what's that to you?

if you like pvp then you will like this game -- I think that is the point alot of the haters just dont get.  You wont be doing MC runs on a Saturday night with the soccer mom holding her crying baby while it falls asleep.  WELCOME TO WAAAGGGGHHHHH !!!

Except people who played Daoc, they generally believe Daoc did PvP way better than WAR :)

Edit: My god the new look really sucks imo. Sure some features are much more accessible but the threads themselves read like crap. And there's *STILL* no way to get back to the main forum on the BOTTOM of the threads, after you *read* them!

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

Originally posted by Pheace

Originally posted by Redmow

if you like pvp then you will like this game -- I think that is the point alot of the haters just dont get.  You wont be doing MC runs on a Saturday night with the soccer mom holding her crying baby while it falls asleep.  WELCOME TO WAAAGGGGHHHHH !!!

Except people who played Daoc, they generally believe Daoc did PvP way better than WAR :)

Edit: My god the new look really sucks imo. Sure some features are much more accessible but the threads themselves read like crap. And there's *STILL* no way to get back to the main forum on the BOTTOM of the threads, after you *read* them!

DAOC was/is a great game.  Not sure but, there might be a DAOC forums somewhere for you to post this on, as it may be more relevant there...

Actually it's you who made it relevant as you said "If you like PvP you will like this game" and I just proved that's not necessarily true. Maybe you should think about the things you're saying rather than try to push people away who point out your errors :)

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

I do not find WAR boring at all. However I need to clearify this a bit. First I have not reached end game so I can not comment on that. I also did not follow any of the hype at all. With the current trends in mmos the last couple years I figured WAR was just another mmo so I did not follow its development much.

Since I am willing to try a new mmo even knowing I may cancel after a month, just to experience it, I try to keep my expectations low. I try to base my feelings on an mmo by my experiences not what others claim to be theirs. So I go into them free of hype. To my suprise I like WAR a lot and even cancelled my 4 year subscription to WOW. I try to only subscribe to 2 mmos at a time and many here know I play EQ2 as my main game. Playing WOW and EQ2 seemed very similar but EQ2 and WAR are very different experiences but familiar.

As I read this thread I am suprised to find so many do not find WAR as fun as I do. This is not because I do not get it. I think it is because of how I play it. I have never been that into pvp so WAR was not high on my anticipated list. I actually tried it because I was bored with WOW. WAR is the first time pvp has been fun for me. WAR is a fantastic balance to EQ2. I still have not gotten past level 32 and have a ton of alts in WAR playing many of the races and classes but 32 is my highest level. I only play a couple hours a day and not everyday. I play WAR in a casual way and find it really fun and engaging. I do see if I played it 5 or 6 hours a day or as my main game I would probably get bored fast.

I love the world, no other game makes me feel like I am in one huge battle. Not a huge persistent world but a huge battle. This is my battle royal game. EQ2 is my virtual world game. I love being a greenskin and raising hell. I love the art direction (accept the elvish races) and the sound design.  I play on a pretty good system with 5.1 surround sound and a 38 inch aquos monitor and I get totally immersed in the battles. WAR has not crashed once for me it is the most stable mmo I have experienced (obviously this is not the case for many). I love that I can just jump in and out of a battle with my limited playing time. I have discovered that if I play at off times the population is very low so that is when I quest. However during primetime I have no problems finding battles and other players to assault. I find most of the quests fun and public quest a cool idea. I doubt WAR will keep me playing for years like EQ2 and WOW but not every game has to. WAR is offering me a fun experience for now and pvp that I can enjoy as a casual player. So while I understand many feelings about boredom and WAR, that is not my experience. I am really enjoying it.

• EruielEruiel Member UncommonPosts: 75

I agree that the game was good at start up until a person reaches high end, and maybe if you are ever so casual that it might be able to keep you entertained but the problem is that this is a game that costed as much as WoW or any other "long term" game, with a monthly fee and unfortunately I have to say that despite the initial pleasantness, overall this game isn't worth the money...sure it was fun at lower tiers but with the end content that its currently providing the retail price for the game was a waste, it was mentioned that a game doesn't need to keep you interested for years...true but at the price war costs retail+continuous monthly fee compared to games like wow and or guild wars that is free once you purchase the game, WAR just doesn't feel like its worth it...

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by Pheace

Originally posted by girlgeek

Originally posted by Kyleran

I agree, hard to believe the same people who brought us DAOC came up with this as its successor.
    Someone important on the design team must have left along the way, leaving the clowns in charge.

Aye....but the "clowns" were very very very good at pumping up the masses.  I never remember seeing ANY  better pre-release developer videos ANYWHERE.  I was so excited for this game by the time I actually set foot in it.....I was almost beside myself.

The best thing I got from the whole experience....was a much needed lesson.  I won't be hopping on any more hype wagons.  A lesson that might actually pan out to being WORTH the money I spent, being that I won't be "pre-ordering" any more games either.  Hell...Mythic probably saved me hundreds of dollars over the next few years by teaching me this.

While I agree they did a great job on their prehype and prehype videos I *never* saw an *ingame* video that seemed anywhere exciting in my opinion. Even the one that was "Set up" was done in a rather boring way (explained away by Mythic that it was supposed to be easier for the investors that way ...). Most of the video's was Paul waving his hands creating *brilliant* word pictures, but never reall yingame stuff.

I'm starting to believe that if MMO companies' designers/developers were half as good at designing a solid, fun MMO as their marketing departments are at hyping them, there would be far more good options out there, and fewer frustrated players.

That said... my impression of WAR from playing it is that it feels "schizophrenic".  It almost seems like Mythic couldn't focus on exactly what kind of MMO they wanted it to be, only that it was based on the Warhammer setting. They had a few different ideas that they all liked equally, but couldn't decide which would be the main core of the game... So they just threw everything at it.

Like... for a MMO that was hyped as "war is everywhere"... my interpretation of that was that PvP was going to be front-and-center, at the core of almost everything, or at least much more "present" than it seems to be in my experience. Be it in small-scale skirmishes, group against group or large sieges... You could barely leave a town or city without potentially encountering some kind of battle going on. The impression I got while playing, however, is that it all feels so "orderly" and "controlled' and compartmentalized... "PvP'ing over here... Questing over there..."

Maybe I "didn't see enough of the game" - I'm sure some would argue that and it might be true. Much of what I hear and read - both here, on other sites and from RL friends who play, seems to indicate that my sentiments are far from unique.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• AmbushMartyrAmbushMartyr Member Posts: 69

I myself was going to preorder the game as i did LOTRO. I cant say the money I spent on LOTRO and the lifetime membership was a waste. It was indeed a good plan form Turbine to do so. Maybe, just maybe had WAR done the same, as well as merge alot of the servers together, the game could possibly survive after the first year with major content updates and new innovations to the game.

I cant say the game is a flop cause i havent played it. Like I said I was gonna preorder but financially at the time it wasnt possible. Maybe that was a good thing on my part after hearing what Im hearing from a lot of gamers about WAR.

I think its high time that we gamers stop the cycle of preorders and forking out hundreds of dollars before a game is even ready to play yet. Like I said I cant complain on the bargain I felt I got with LOTRO, but that seemed more like a one in a million deal to start with. LOTRO isnt like the most innovative game out there, and it borrows alot form other games too, but it is fun, cheap and well worth the lifetime membership fee when the game was just in its preordering stages. But i didnt hop the bandwagon on my preorder or lifetime sub till i played the game first. And being in OB I knew the game was gonna be worth the money.

It all boils down to is it worth the cost you pay for the game? Sure theres a lot of games out there that offer nothing very innovative, but does the game take some of the best parts of other games and delivers a best of the best systems in a MMO it possibly can? If so and the cost for the entertainment is cheap, then to me thats worth it.

Its a shame though what Im hearing about WAR in a whole. I was for sure that it would be the next game to offer up soem really cool stuff, as well as some of its own niches and taking soem of the best of the best form other MMOs and piling it into a instant classic. That could still be true if we give the game atleast another year to see where its heading, but as long as it took for for WAR to be made and even delayed it doesnt sound like they used the time wisely to make something gamers would stick with for years to come.

And after looking at how LOTRO marketed, and handled the content as well as design for the game, they did in fact do a pretty good job with this IP. Like I said its not the most innovative game to date, but they do give you alot of decent niche designs, and they do take some of the best of other MMOs and try to make it work in LOTRO. Not to mention the constant content updates they deliver and on time to a degree is amazing. I still havent seen a company like Turbine do so much in a small amount of time as they have. To me they just give you your moneys worth in the end. Quality entertainment at a affordable price. If other companys could grasp the concepts that Turbine has, they would see the same results I believe.

To end this,I dont think this is the end of WAR myself. I do think once the company as a whole realizes that they need to listen to the masses who bought the game on how to make it better, they will, and hopefully learn from past mistakes as well from others (cough*AoC*cough). It would be a shame to see such a great IP go down the tubes because there was really no clear plan on how this game was to be made to begin with. To much time, and not enough follow through or decisiveness to make WAR a truly unique title in the sea of MMOs. Lets hope its not to late!

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by popingay33

I am glad you are so happy with LOTRO.  But I hope you realize it is all PVE and WAR is all PVP.  Apples to oranges, if you take a second and think about it.

If that's the case, WAR should be advertised as such, and they shouldn't have wasted so much time on all that half-assed PvE content.  Would have sold less boxes, but they could have focused much more on the PvP content, and built a much larger happier core fan base, rather than tons of people expecting the game to be something it's not.  In the long run, probably would have made them more money, and definately earned them a better reputation.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• GaryMGaryM Member Posts: 244

I'm currently playing Borehammer along with Bored of the Rings Online. More of the latter lately because of the excellent expansion, but as we're starting to finish the content in Boria, my friends and I are going to spend more time in Borehammer, especially with the changes that are coming. Actually, I think Borehammer and Bored of the Rings Online compliment each other pretty well, being such radically different games.

I was a longtime World of Borecraft player, and had a great time for a year or so, but started to burn out on the game. I gave Wrath of the Boreking a thorough try, but it just felt like more of the same. Still, I've left in on my hardrive, and I might come back to it one day.

• sabutai33sabutai33 Member Posts: 90
    Originally posted by Spaceweed10

We on Eltharion in EU, made it to IC today - what a complete and utter waste of time.
    This is the WORST end game I have experienced in any MMO - apart from AoC.  It is outrageous.
    A huge effort from Order to create the opportunity, and for what?  Order in one instance, Desdemona in the other - doing what?
    Farming the same PQ over and over again for gold bags with Invader gear in them?  Mythic, is this it?  Is this what you worked 4 years for to achieve?  This game cannot hold a candle to the end game of DAoC, so what the hell has happened in the interim?
    Did you sack your best imaginative brains, or are they stuck in a time warp somewhere, thinking people enjoy this mind-numbing experience?
    I sat back whilst watching some of this inane activity, and thought to myself, 'ok, how do I feel about this now I'm here...'
    Underwhelmed and a massively multiplayered anticlimax.
    Rubbish.

^^ This

10 print "go home"
    20 goto 10

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by woody1974

After reading all these whiney posts I am very confused..Is this a Game forum or a nursery full of newborn babies. Lots of crying going on...The problem with all these MMO's are the people playing it and not the game itself..
    The same people who don't take the time to enjoy a game, to explore, to goof off, to play another game, to have a life outside of 23 hours of MMO's...This game is no different than any other mmo's end game..The problem is people gun for the end game several months after release and miss out on alot .
    I don't feel any pity for you because you chose to run as fast as you could to the end game..All I can say to you is if you don't like the end game or other things about WAR there is always much worse MMO's (WOW) (lol) waiting for you.
    "The game is only as good as the person playing it...."

You got it, they are babies. I don't know why they feel the need to spend time bashing WAR in its forum - why don't they just go to the game forum they ARE playing and talk about how great that game is.

Personally, I'm having a great time playing WAR. Can't wait to see where Mythic takes this one. Mythic has always been a slow starter with their games. Remember the early days of DAoC? People were always complaining about the lack of content/ fun. Look what they did over time. I'm waiting this one out.

Many MMO-ers today  have some patheitc ADD condition that causes them to self destruct if they don't have fun the first 30 seconds in a game. The upside is that they won't stay and we won't have to deal with them in-game. 

Originally posted by local93bc

Well Ill admit. I can hardly log on to the game.

Then don't. Go play something else and STFU.

EDIT:

I get really tired of people announcing how they just can't "bear to play" a certain game or "get through the first 10 levels". Why would you think anyone would care? You must be a joy on Twitter. "I'm going to the bathroom now", "I ate the worst sandwich for lunch". Never got that piece of Web 2.0 garbage either.

This kind of behavior is nothing more than mental masturbation for attention whores.

• neller2000neller2000 Member Posts: 130
    Originally posted by cfurlin

Most people do exactly that, why do you think the population is dwindling in the first place. Borehammer is on a fast track to being just another SWG, AoC and VG.

Originally posted by neller2000

Originally posted by cfurlin

Most people do exactly that, why do you think the population is dwindling in the first place. Borehammer is on a fast track to being just another SWG, AoC and VG.

The point is why announce it? Why should we care? Tell me that you don't like the game because of x, y, & z. I listen to that. A hit and run statment like "I can't bear to log on" is of no value to the discussion. Written diarrhea, nothing more.