Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions for the Devs

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

With the game launched, the folks at IGG have offered to answer some questions from our community. Please post your questions here!

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• xOdonkeyOxxOdonkeyOx Member Posts: 4

I like Tales of Pirates very much, am a VIP member, and have played over a year.

I am concerned with the in-game economy, specifically how the Item Mall impacts the game, and therefore the real world economy. To thoroughly enjoy the game, one must purchase certain items through the item mall, and the most desireable of all items that are rare to impossible to acquire in game, tempt even the the most budget minded into spending a month's salary! That may  be the financial backbone of the game, but is putting your customers in a position to bankrupt themselves something you can live with?

I really hope there would be plans to increase availabilty of  items in game that currently are only availble in item mall,  giving many people more reason to play with great goals to achieve.

Any plans to bring goddess summoning scrolls, kylin armor, or especially pet rations/growth fruit  into the game as drops from monsters or quest rewards? This would be AWESOME.

Also, when will the missing item for making Death set - the "Heart of Death"  be added to game?

Thanks for the opportunity to ask questions.

• Jalice888Jalice888 Member CommonPosts: 113

IGG seem to think getting greatstuff to become a maximum level is good but I think of such people as pathetic idiots .

In the last few days I saw a bid for a lv65 (pixel) sword at 3500 mallpoints and today there is a bid for Zero Gloves going at 6500 mallpoints, add to that IGG offering to hire a high level outfit for the cheap cost of 10000 mallpoints! Thats US$175, 325 & 500 each so why would you pay such a stupid price for proving yourself to be a useless player that can't raise your levels by yourself, I think these fools have no idea how many of us laugh like hell about how stupid and pathetic such players are, any that claim they haven't done this but have other high level accounts to pass gear on need to get a life as they will soon join the dead in real life playing 24/7 in this game so thats laughable too. There is no excuse whatsoever for such a really dumb stupid pathetic variation to ruin the game. the only benefit it gives is to terror-rise us normal players in Foresaken City, Dark Swamp, Mazes etc where they allow player killing thus we can't  go there to take part in the game.

I thought Runescape was bad raising the cost of members slowly while over the last three years has decreased skill experience to about a fifth of what it was in the previous two years I had played (probably worse since I had raised my stats so much more too) but for buying the sword alone here I could play Runescape for two years

• FaituFaitu Member Posts: 90
    Originally posted by Jalice888

IGG seem to think getting greatstuff to become a maximum level is good but I think of such people as pathetic idiots .
    In the last few days I saw a bid for a lv65 (pixel) sword at 3500 mallpoints and today there is a bid for Zero Gloves going at 6500 mallpoints, add to that IGG offering to hire a high level outfit for the cheap cost of 10000 mallpoints! Thats US$175, 325 & 500 each so why would you pay such a stupid price for proving yourself to be a useless player that can't raise your levels by yourself, I think these fools have no idea how many of us laugh like hell about how stupid and pathetic such players are, any that claim they haven't done this but have other high level accounts to pass gear on need to get a life as they will soon join the dead in real life playing 24/7 in this game so thats laughable too. There is no excuse whatsoever for such a really dumb stupid pathetic variation to ruin the game. the only benefit it gives is to terror-rise us normal players in Foresaken City, Dark Swamp, Mazes etc where they allow player killing thus we can't  go there to take part in the game.
    I thought Runescape was bad raising the cost of members slowly while over the last three years has decreased skill experience to about a fifth of what it was in the previous two years I had played (probably worse since I had raised my stats so much more too) but for buying the sword alone here I could play Runescape for two years

Lol, they don't care. Their main objective with all of their games is to try to get you addicted and control your brain to have you steal your daddy's credit card to get in-game items. And hell, what did you expect? Do you think that this game is free? That is just why P2P games are way superior to games as this. You don't have to pay as much in them to have 100% of access to the game.

Plus, the role of "free" players on "free-to-play" games that have cash shops is simply providing fun to those who pay. You think that you're not helping IGG gain money? Oh yes you are. The fact that there are free players makes buying stuff much more of a pleasure to those who do it. It doesn't matter how much more you play, they will be uniquer and better than you. If there weren't people they could compare themselves to, there would be no point for them in buying cash stuff. Plus, free players are simply meat in PvP for such players in games as this, since they can get stronger by buying stuff.

• Jalice888Jalice888 Member CommonPosts: 113

The basic process of IGG charging to get your fairies improving is a reasonable balance which immediately cuts out 2/3 to 3/4 of all Tales Of Pirates players - this shows already greed of IGG not encouraging more people buying its at a cheaper cost so overall better profit allowing more fairness overall as the present style means that very few accounts keep playing and the game has a much lower following than most RPG games so as the Recession hits harder then say 'GOODBYE' to Tales Of Pirates.

Very few indeed will pay shop costs for best gear and all that does is make a huge unfair advantage which only silly 24/7 rich gamefreaks are likely to buy while the huge majority of decent people just quit like I did (I found 100% of my friends I met quit before or after me for the same reasons) and the game will fail due to this - why it's not good to be 24/7 dummys: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/12/27/important-vitamin-d-update.aspx and while there look back and forth in the archives to see how modern man is killing all us by greedily messing with nature to make large profits - greenharvesting and toxins in our food, also any mum or woman needs to find out why MAMMOGRAMS ARE BAD!