Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BOREHAMMER...

Comments

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by Phobia
    Just wanted to add that if you think bringing in a new class (as cool as the Slayers are) is going to breath new life into the game you're mistaken.

Totally agree. A new class won't do a thing to help endgame boredom. Same as KOTBS didn't help and BG hasn't helped, they are just small delays in the overall boredom factor.

This from a CE owner with 3 characters in T4 and a member of one of the largest European Guilds in Warhammer.

RVR in Warhammer is the definition of repetitive gameplay. Which wouldn't be a bad thing if it wasn't so damn predictable and uninteresting.

Endgame in Warhammer is a missed opportunity and instead of being a reward for leveling feels like a punishment of boredom.

• COORSCOORS Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by Mallarky

WAR is the biggest disappointment of the year.  It is actually a step BACKWARD compared to DAOC, a game that is over 7 years old! WTF was mythic thinking??  The game is downright terrible.

Couldn't agree more.

This game couldn't hold my interest for a full month. Completely boring and pointless. Mythic took a  HUGE step backwards here. They relied on the Warhammer lore by itself to attract customers, but forgot to actually make an interesting game.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by COORS

Originally posted by Mallarky

WAR is the biggest disappointment of the year.  It is actually a step BACKWARD compared to DAOC, a game that is over 7 years old! WTF was mythic thinking??  The game is downright terrible.

Couldn't agree more.

This game couldn't hold my interest for a full month. Completely boring and pointless. Mythic took a  HUGE step backwards here. They relied on the Warhammer lore by itself to attract customers, but forgot to actually make an interesting game.

Yahtzee!  Hits it dead on the head.  Too much of a game really, and not enough of a world.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by COORS
    Originally posted by Mallarky WAR is the biggest disappointment of the year.  It is actually a step BACKWARD compared to DAOC, a game that is over 7 years old! WTF was mythic thinking??  The game is downright terrible.

Couldn't agree more.

It's also not a good idea when using this strategy of depending on Warhammer lore to sell the game, to then change and stretch the lore all around to suit your interests at the moment so as to alienate your intended base.

This is the main reason the game has failed to keep the more educated TT Warhammer type fans and attracted a growing soccer hooligan-like mobset for the most part who know little about gaming as a whole and are satisfied with beta-released content which they gladly pay for on a monthly basis.

It's extremely easy to pass this off as original and "lore based" when they don't know next to nothing about actual lore, lol.

• CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523

lol I could not disagree more.  I played all pay-to-play mmorpgs out there and I honestly cannot think of any that are better than Wahammer.  Loving it.

Meaningful RvR & PvP with player drops and xp.  Really well done scenarios.   Fantastic dungeons, and more of them then any other mmorpg at release.  I could go on and on.

PS : Do search for posts by the guys in this thread and you will find that they say thesame thing about every single game out there.  Can you say : Trolls ?

• levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

I quit. My guild of 100 quit. It was one of the most shallow games I ever played and every time the already boring t4 content got "good" the server would crash. I won't waste any more of my time by listing a laundry list of failures in this game, but it just didn't cut it. I am sure they will have to do more server merges in the coming months...until there are 2 or 3 total.

I don't think it is fair to label everyone as trolls who may not like the game. I gave it a fair chance and invested a lot of time into it. It has some positive attributes but it could have been much better. There's not enough depth to keep me interested. I am commenting because I have been a part of the Warhammer community from beta through launch and until a month ago. I just felt like sharing my feelings. That's what a discussion board is for.  Someone else may love it. more power to them.  I do not fault you for that! Myself and everyone I know just happen to not be those people.

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

• poopinjayypoopinjayy Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by popinjay

Originally posted by Cryptor

lol I could not disagree more.  I played all pay-to-play mmorpgs out there and I honestly cannot think of any that are better than Wahammer.  Loving it.

Meaningful RvR & PvP with player drops and xp.  Really well done scenarios.   Fantastic dungeons, and more of them then any other mmorpg at release.  I could go on and on.

PS : Do search for posts by the guys in this thread and you will find that they say thesame thing about every single game out there.  Can you say : Trolls ?

Yo mate.... your sig is broken and it has crashed.

But since you play Warhammer, you probably hear that type of thing a lot, right? Doesn't phase you a bit, I bet.

actually there is alot less crashing in the game since the latest patch.  Try it out !!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

The rest of the game released with less than 5 real dungeons? Now you are just making things up. But WAR have never tried to be a good PvE game anyways.

Personally I am dissapointed in WAR, and not for the same reasons as the rest of the people here. I am a big fan of the world and the Warhammer RPG game but Mythics world is a lot more shallow than even the tabletop, and using a level based system really goes against everything Warhammer stands for.

If they made it into any other world I'd say it was a good game but they just didn't give us the mix between horror and dark humour that is Warhammers trademark.

As for the "meaningful" RvR I seen better, in Daoc for one game. It is not a bad game in my book but Mythic didn't really succed with the feeling of GWs games.

But taste differs of course, still not one of all my Warhammer fan friends are playing the game anymore, and they spent many years playing the pen and paper RPG and the tabletop. I played the RPG for 18 years myself.

• CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523

I never had a crash in Warhammer myself, know of some people that did though.  People with reasonable systems bought in the last 3 years should not have to worry about this kind of stuff.

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

I never had a crash in Warhammer myself, know of some people that did though.  People with reasonable systems bought in the last 3 years should not have to worry about this kind of stuff.

Should not, I agree with that but after months of people with monster systems complaining about the same thing I don't agree it's as easy a problem as just saying  "Your computer is old", clearly there's more involved.

I agree with the above poster 100% no one that has a updated rig should have to worry about this kind of ball fumbling nowadays. It's just not fair to them to spend that kind of money, and still get basic problems as if they were running a C64.

The game has extremely poor coding and other simple problems from the start. I'm not sure if the rumor things being put on the client side is true, but people in the know certainly believe this to be the case. And if that's true, that's community college type programming.

It's like the Contribution system where they had code for one part of the game, then what.... "cut and paste" that to another part where it doesn't work the same? Took months to find it and I guess well have to see how long it takes to figure how to fix it. Well, at least Paul Barnett and the dev who he kept pointing at and said "He botched it, not me!" sure had a nice laugh on Youtube talking about it, that's the important thing, lol. I'm sure it will be fixed by next subscription re-up though.

It's not people's systems overall and its not in their heads either.

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360

I agree.  I have played just about every P2P MMO and I have  NEVER enjoyed one this much.  I have been looking for a replacement for SWG every since the NGE, and I finally found it.... oddly enough, in a game nothing like it.  It doesn't have a lot of the things I loved in SWG, but it has fun, exciting, meaningful, large-scale PvP.  And apparently that is enough for me.  This is the first MMO where I really enjoyed the PvP, and because of that... it's the first one where I can actually foresee myself enjoying the "end-game".  

Sure, I'd like to see a few more compelling reasons for people to participate in open RvR, maybe some variety to the different keeps across each tier... but those things are way easier to add than a constant flow of PvE content... so I do have a little bit of faith in their ability to add them in a timely manner.  And hey, if they never do... I'll still happily play the first three tiers for a long time to come.  The constant variety and innovation of facing real players, fighting for tangible goals is enough "end-game" for me.

• UrrellesUrrelles Member Posts: 574

Well, it's nice to know that the debate of good or bad is still fairly even for this game.

This game needs lots of work for T4.  Complete imblance of sides is in storng effect here.  The big city siege is just 1 relaly hard PQ.  I thought there were be many dungeons and instances in there that players could attempt while the main force held the city.  nope.  The T4 maps don't promote enough free roaming and the PvE content there is probably helping the zone crashes too.

As for all this talk about DAOC having epic endgame.  I don't see it.  DAOC had the same exact crap.  Keep trading.  Zerg vs zerg fights.  The only difference was more open maps for gank groups to roam and Darknessfalls (a 5 year old boring dungeon).  Woop dee friggin doo. 

People are expecting too much from this games endgame content.  What were you all expecting besides keep trading and city raids in a RvR game?  What is this great epic thing that was in DAOC that made it's endgame so awesome? 

To me it was nothing!  It was just a new experience at the time that people enjoyed.

• ougaritougarit Member Posts: 317

Few bugs, few CTD, graphics are cool, i 'm a fan of warhammer BG, i'm a pvper, (I like strategy games)  i played DAOC...

But this game is BORING

Took another month the 16.01.2009, can't play anymore . Tried to play 2 times at War, found it BORING, not vaporware, not buggy as AOC, not unfinished as TCOS, but BORING. Incredibly BORING. No Strategy, no RP, missing 4 cities,PVE is boring, RvR is repetitive and boring, I don't like BG. I can 't pay a sub for PVE (RvRE ) game, lock and unlock system is ridiculous.: "wait 15 mn then wait 3 mn take another point, ennemy takes our points, we never fight, we only take points then RESET"

NONSENSE : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danaides

Wow: stuff pve game

War: stuff rvr game

Stopped MMOS because they 're waste of time and money. Waiting now for a REAL GAME, I mean Warhammer Dawn of War II. And then EvE with WIS. (the only serious choice ?)

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

i saw a preview of this game before it was launched at the san diego comic-con. And i didnt have to play it to figure out that people would be saying this was a boring game after launch. I'm glad i didnt spend the money for this game. It is a shame though that another mmorpg has fallen very short of expectations, it is never good to see a mmorpg fall like AOC or WAR.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241

WAR was a good filler game imo,  not something I could see myself sticking around too long. I only stayed about 2 months before I had my fill.  It had some nice ideas, but failed to deliver for the long term gamers.  Sad because I waited so long for it to come out.  DAOC was far superior and Mythic should be ashamed.

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

I didn't even last the first month, for me it lacked enough content and while the PvP was fun it didn't hold me and I pulled the plug on another repetitive game. Time has come for these companies to start producing games that can do what it says on the box and if they fail then we need to be getting our money back, the laws need changing so that these companies are held responsible end of...

Asbo

• popingaypopingay Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by NightBandit

I didn't even last the first month, for me it lacked enough content and while the PvP was fun it didn't hold me and I pulled the plug on another repetitive game. Time has come for these companies to start producing games that can do what it says on the box and if they fail then we need to be getting our money back, the laws need changing so that these companies are held responsible end of...

your sig, says you play Vanguard...do you think that game delivered any of what it said on the box ?

• 7Fold7Fold Member Posts: 318

Warhammer is a casual based pvp game, nothing more nothing less. The PvE is the definition of casual, you can get in and out of a dungeon in no time. Its really not even trying guys to be like the other games in pve.....  I really like the classes, and the pvp is a blast.

Thats not to say it doesnt have problems, server stability, meaningful rewards holding keeps, and class balances top my list. 

I really hope you guys who filled 10 pages of borehammer can find a game you like. I know there is WoW, a great game at that. To me though, when I look at whats coming, the only game that has me excited is the new star wars game coming out. I will definatly play that. But other than that I just dont see much coming, Aion will probably be Lineage 3, Darkfall sounds great on paper and I hope it does well but from what I am not seeing or hearing makes me more than skeptical about it. And I played WOW for 2 years, I dont want to go back.

I cant really think of one other casual based MMO out there atm. Anyways good luck......

• lorndarkenlorndarken Member Posts: 279

he only time when i find warhammer to be boring is when no one is there to play with , or , attacking a keep is becoming bs  or if we do enter a keep only 4 or 5 order  leave and run for their lifes vs 1 wb,  where is the confrontation ?

other then that, the game has goten a lot better .

although getting new gear and weapons maybe nice , i just hope they add  some need skills to the charecters where their purpose truly stands out then just being  ,crap for a charecters

order has no reason for any other tank class because ironbrakers are their main, and black orcs are the destros best tanks, no need for bgs or chosen, the way they currently are.  a new skill line up that makes each class stand out like iron and black orcs, in terms of tank  amongst other classes could make the game better, because their purpose would then truely stand  out, and im not talking about the master abilltys, or crappy tactics, but something that would make the classes truely stand out , that says, this class can  be good for this style of playing because they can tank vs ranged attack better then this class because this class can tank better vs melee, and so forth, and you have to make it cool.

warhammer is not a bore when action is going on, its only a bore when one side decides to give up and quit and your side has a easy time 

in other words, warhammer needs to weed out all these wow players , who are not use to pvp and then this game will rock .

got that wow players ? this is not a pve game !!!!! this is a pvp game, so go back to where you came from

• jomarguejomargue Member UncommonPosts: 60

I really dont get these kind of threads. For me its very simple : Like the game? Play it. Dont like the game? Dont play it.

Will posting these threads over and over again change anything? NO

Do you think WAR devs care about your opinion? NO

Do you think anyone liking this game cares about your opinion ? NO

Then whats the point?

• The door is right there. Nobody is forcing you to play this game.

• SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111
    Originally posted by Battlekruse

The door is right there. Nobody is forcing you to play this game.

You contradict your personal quote.

• LokyLoky Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Originally posted by Samuraisword

That IS a nice door though...

Originally posted by Loky
    Originally posted by Samuraisword

That IS a nice door though...

Forum poster: "They flip the zone and press on to Reikwald Fortress (Dark Crag server). I get out there and the first thing I see in chat?" "They just walked right in" "The doors weren't up"

Yep. Fortress doors were not there. Wide open.

Here I thought the end game was less buggy. Disappointing.

Forum Mod: "It's well known that Reikland is currently bugged. It's a MMORPG and this stuff simply happens. Hopefully you can look past something like this because if you can't then you're in for a bumpy ride."

Looks like this poster found the keep door they were talking about, hehe.