Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the most new player friendly server?

Duplo1Duplo1 Member Posts: 45

I am thinking of buying the game. Are there any servers that stand out among the rest  considering im a new player?  Which servers should i stay away from and why? any info is much obliged.

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

I would suggest Odin and Bahamut!  I don't know about new player friendly cause none of the servers really are, but those 2 have the most players.  Not saying you're not going to meet any friendly people right away as it does happen, but right away you wanna take a few hours to explore the starting city and talk to all the NPCs. 

Locate the AH and the Mog House[s], bind crystals, armor, weapon, magic, item shops, crafting......all 3 starting cities have several exits out to the world and many different zones within each.  Familiarize yourself with the controls and menus, as well as how the menu and macro system works....not like your typical MMO since there are no hotbars.

Lots and lots to see and do right away...also I don't recall if the beginning conversation points out the new player tutorial, but do find that NPC they mention near one of the gates and do that.  You'll learn a little about combat and death, and several other things as well as get some nice starter XP and items.

...and most of all take your time and have fun, there is no rush as you'll only end up dead if you do!

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

Well, since about 500 accounts just got banned for duping, I'd say about any server would be good since all those people would have to start over again. Hard to say for other servers since I've only been on one. But, I've seen plenty of new people starting on Kujata, that and I'll help out the newbies. If you happen to choose the server, let me know.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil