Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get to da choppa!

Looks like the slayer info was right, because another package was delivered and:

http://thegreenskin.com/

----------------------------
"Hero of Time! Face me!"

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Whe the hint is all so obvious, I love the way they present it. Thumbs up.

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

I dont get it. ;(

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by sanders01

I dont get it. ;(

Really? Get to da choppa is one of Arnlod Schwarzenegger's famous phrases. It's a line from the movie predator. because of his accent, it sounds like he says "Get to the choppa!"

www.youtube.com/watch

The Choppa was a class in Warhammer Online beta that never made it to release. Mythic wasn't satisfied with the quality of the class so they removed it. They apparently fixed it now and are planning to put him back in, just like Knight of the Blazing Sun.

warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Choppa

My guess would be that Order will get the Slayer class, where as Destruction will get the Choppa.

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

Bloody freaking BRILLIANT.   

I really do like Mythic as a Development company.    They are awesome and part of the reason I'm sticking with WAR  

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

slayers pretty much confirmed as people have found slayer code coming into the client. Unless they're doing that on purpose but that would be evil :)

• WHA even has Slayer and Choppa forums up now.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

And here I thought you were talking about Austrian Death Machine....

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• LivettLivett Member Posts: 126

If the choppa makes an appearence I will actually re-sub to this game for the rest of my days.

I miss my big bad green dual wielding freak of a machine.

• KoroshiyaKoroshiya Member UncommonPosts: 265

the only down side is going to be the 100's of choppas / slayers who reroll.  oh well I will resub anyways, and play it.  It was part of the reason I quit playing after beta, when they announced they were removing it, and with some possible changes to open rvr, and the current and past changes to open rvr I think I might be coming back.

Lets just hope the Mythic trend of no idea how to class balance doesn't shine its ugly head... but after seeing the chosen changes coming in 1.2 I don't have high high hopes =P

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

• JeroKanedeadJeroKanedead Member Posts: 81

Altho this is all great. I love the Choppa and Slayer.

It will still be just another dangling carrot to keep people rerolling and away from Tier4 oRvR and Endgame wich is still a mess.

I fell for the Knight of the Blazing Sun trick before, rerolled that and kept me subscribed for another month.

But it's just a matter of time you get fed up of the boring PVE and running the same Scenario over and over again and then end up in Tier4 again.

Cheers

• SirLornSirLorn Member UncommonPosts: 212

The issues in T4 though aren't as easy to fix with a hotfix or single patch IMHO, and I have no reason to doubt Mythic is activley working towards a solution that will work for all......there are quit a few dynamics that should have to be re-tooled, or straight up re-done across teh board but are included in T4.   For one, going to a token system for defending seiging instead of the unfair and game dynamic altering current system, this is just one item I am aware, just saying....that's alot to address.

Although obviouslly T4 would be your final destination on any reroll, heh, t1 through t3 is still some fun arse times, the Black Guard is an awesome class, and I too would roll a Choppa (prolly would wait about a month) but why wouldn't they use this moving forward.....heh......real talk, Mythic has not given any reason to doubt their ability and devotion to fixing issues and listening to the community, so grab the carrot, sure understand it for what it is, in addition to OMFG having some more fun with a, another what?! Another fix and timely (re)addition to a cool game.

Why do you think they yanked the other starter cities, heh........you know your dealing with so many variables, and so many are missing until you actually get them as the game moves forward, I am glad they don't have 4 or more end game citie sieges to focus on fine tuning fixing. 

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Oh Yes!!!! 

RIP Orc Choppa

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

I'm not sold on slayers, but the choppas will be a nice add to Destro.

NOw a Governator class....I'd play that in a heartbeat!

• fansedefansede Member UncommonPosts: 960

Hmm, no they are not going to put the Hammerer in?

Slayer would be much better, but I do remember that Choppas and Hammerers were shelved

• popingaypopingay Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by Axxar

WHA even has Slayer and Choppa forums up now.

oh ya.

• VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542

The Slayer forum even has a Dev post in it!

• bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Originally posted by Slampig

And here I thought you were talking about Austrian Death Machine....

Haha, I clicked on this thread with the intention of posting exactly what you did, word for word. Nicely done.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Originally posted by fansede

Slayer would be much better, but I do remember that Choppas and Hammerers were shelved

Mark Jacobs said, can't find the link, that one of the 4 wouldn't make it back in.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Originally posted by skeaser

Originally posted by fansede

Mark Jacobs said, can't find the link, that one of the 4 wouldn't make it back in.

Nay, it was after they announced the Knight and Black Guard were launching in like two weeks they did an interview with Massively I think. In the interview they said something along the lines of "One of the two will likely not be making a return", which was about a month after Mark Jacobs did an interview on the cuts where he said "Something like the Choppa, I really want in". Then Massively did an interview and flat out wrote "We already knew the Hammerer was not coming back", and Mythic never stopped them from writing that. Then a few weeks later both the German and French Community Representatives posted that the Hammerer on the test server was a bug and that it will NOT be the Dwarf Melee DPS career released in 2009.

All the hints were there and then we found an ability list for the Slayer in the data files and Gersh came and posted on the Slayer forums about it. Here is his post;

Evening guys,

So some creative individuals went ahead and hacked into our .myp files and dug up some “In Development” data. The Data listed in this post represents old work on ideas and concepts we were trying out a few months back. Astute people would notice that these careers have been in that data .myp since before launch (!) and both have changed many times since then.

I’d like you all to keep this in mind when reading and replying to this leaked information; In the end information like this can and will change over the course of development. For that matter this information may never be seen on live servers at all. That being said if/when the time comes that we’re prepared to release this potential content to the public we will do so in our normal fashion, which means releasing reams of background information, full ability lists, and opening pre-release test servers to the public for feedback.

Thanks

-Adam

What this means is that the ability list in not up to date but it also proves they had been working on the Slayer since they cut the Hammerer out. They have these lists for Choppa and Slayer abilities but the Hammerer one has been long gone. This is in a section where you find all the player careers information. So yes, the Hammerer is long gone.

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

Next WAr expansion called RamBo ?!

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • diaboyosdiaboyos Member Posts: 209

LOL I had to laugh when I read the title.  Thx.

====================
    Remember man that passes by,
    as you are now so once was I.
    And as I am so must you be,
    prepare yourself to follow me.

• sanedorsanedor Member Posts: 485

Hope they do add all the stuff they took out , would make resubbing worth the time..