Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The state of the game: Should Tasos come clean?

Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448

Things aren't looking great for Aventurine at the moment. The community is restless, the Trolls are rampaging and the days are slipping by. The question is, now that judgement day (Feb. 25th) is rapidly approaching, is it time for Tasos to face facts and reveal the true state of Darkfall?

Unless you have been living under a rock for the past few months, you will know - Troll and Fanboy alike - that the news coming from the Aventurine camp has been less than pleasing (when there has been news at all). The resounding murmur seems to be that the game is not ready. We know it. Tasos knows it. There is only a month left until the misguidedly announced release date, and all but the most optimistic of us know either it won't release, or will be released in a broken state.

Therefore, I feel it's time for Tasos to come clean. I have to admit, as cycnical as I am about the whole development, if he came forward and made a truthful, honest assessment about just how far behind they are, and a REAL estimate of how long they need (be it months or years) then he would go up a lot of people's estimations.

Delays pass by. Lies and broken promises endure. I really think for the sake of Darkfall, Tasos needs to come clean. Swallow his pride, and tell it like it is.

Do any of you agree? Or do you think this will simply be more damaging to an already controversial development?

I for one have had enough of statements similar to those quoted in my sig...

Comments

• MehenMehen Member Posts: 41

I always support truth, its never too late to come clean.

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154

sounds good to me.

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

You just gave him a good idea. He will seem to come clean, and then he will have credit for another couple of years and everything will start all over again.

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448
    Originally posted by altairzq

You just gave him a good idea. He will seem to come clean, and then he will have credit for another couple of years and everything will start all over again.

Lol. I didn't think of it like that. That would assume he is wholly heartless whereas I like to believe there is a slither of humanity somewhere deep inside him.

Way deep.

• Lizard_SFLizard_SF Member Posts: 348
    Originally posted by Zayne3145

Things aren't looking great for Aventurine at the moment. The community is restless, the Trolls are rampaging and the days are slipping by. The question is, now that judgement day (Feb. 25th) is rapidly approaching, is it time for Tasos to face facts and reveal the true state of Darkfall?
    Unless you have been living under a rock for the past few months, you will know - Troll and Fanboy alike - that the news coming from the Aventurine camp has been less than pleasing (when there has been news at all). The resounding murmur seems to be that the game is not ready. We know it. Tasos knows it. There is only a month left until the misguidedly announced release date, and all but the most optimistic of us know either it won't release, or will be released in a broken state.
    Therefore, I feel it's time for Tasos to come clean. I have to admit, as cycnical as I am about the whole development, if he came forward and made a truthful, honest assessment about just how far behind they are, and a REAL estimate of how long they need (be it months or years) then he would go up a lot of people's estimations.
    Delays pass by. Lies and broken promises endure. I really think for the sake of Darkfall, Tasos needs to come clean. Swallow his pride, and tell it like it is.
    Do any of you agree? Or do you think this will simply be more damaging to an already controversial development?

By changing only one or two words, you could have written this post in December, 2008.

I'm going to wager you could write it again in late Feb, 2009.

Just do the math, people. Unless Tasos has hired super-developers from the planet Krypton, there's no way 30 people can produce a game with more features than 300, in the same amount of time and with much less money -- and that's exactly what Aventurine is claiming to have done. They are claiming to have produced a game with more content, features, gameplay, assets, etc than WoW, Vanguard, LOTRO, or EQ2 -- with one-tenth the development staff and in the same amount of time. Does that make sense to you? At all? (And, somehow, these super-developers are working for a tiny Greek company instead of getting jobs where they would be paid two or three times as much at a major company, just because they love the game so much?)

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

Friend, I don't know Tasos should do anything.

My Netwide gaming clan that has been applied to DF as a "clan" since the start, just got a clan invite. No joke.

• DedthomDedthom Member Posts: 541

I agree, one of the major issues with DF is the lack of any real information. What Tasos has said and what is happening on the ground are two different things and I am not talking about in game, I am talking about what everyone can see on the information super highway.

Instead of making vague claims that DF is doing well only to renig on them later, a full disclosure would really set the stage for a better launch when it does happen.

""But Coyote, you could learn! You only prefer keyboard and mouse because that's all you've ever known!" You might say right before you hug a rainforest and walk in sandals to your drum circle where you're trying to raise group consciousness of ladybugs or whatever it is you dirty goddamn hippies do when you're not busy smoking pot and smelling bad."
    Coyote's Howling: Death of the Computer

• OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636

I don't get why ppl are so upset about the delay? I for one won't buy this game at launch whatever happends...

If it turns out it's a great game, then I might try it, otherwise it can go down the WoW-bin for me.

• FlarinstarFlarinstar Member Posts: 84

The game is perfect stop complaining and being morons. It is coming out in february whether you like it or not. See you in game!

Looking for a new game to play

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448
    Originally posted by Flarinstar

The game is perfect stop complaining and being morons. It is coming out in february whether you like it or not. See you in game!

Perfect? I hope you're being ironic.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by Hrica

My Netwide gaming clan that has been applied to DF as a "clan" since the start, just got a clan invite. No joke.

If what you say is true, its good news, and I'm glad to hear it. Perhaps the 25th isn't a dream after all.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• javacjavac Member Posts: 1,175

Let's just say I feel sorry for those not playing in the beta right now.

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906

If there is anything to come clean about the state of the game or non-game then Tasos and advebturine needs get everything out in the open.

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
    Playing EVE Online and AOC.
    Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

• OrderoOrdero Member Posts: 86

I presume then that your netwide gaming clan is now in the game, playing it, or...

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by javac

Right,  those "critics" will be replaced by players  when game launches .

So let them QQ for now. Who cares

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• TrinitarianTrinitarian Member Posts: 169

Why?

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

even if he makes a statement people still keep whining im sure nothing chance haters trolls vaporshouters keep comming they just want  100% themepark mmo market even tho they not gonne play it they try dismantle any attemp for original thinking, there comeplete losers who rule the net:(

Darkfall is a blessing for mmo business they should be happy instead even tho there not planning on play this.

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

Yes it's coming along just nicely.

No need to "come clean" when game is on track.

Never felt as confident in this game as i do now.

• Tuck2000Tuck2000 Member Posts: 361

What's just stupid is the fact that if they do not open up the information follow people will just inert there own. Making it harder to determine what is fact. Like it or not they are suppose to be the next great thing As AOC was then WAR. Nothing else of any high expectation is suppose to be release so all I are going to stay on them until its out and people can get some unsensored reports about it's state.

• atziluthatziluth Member UncommonPosts: 1,190

Tasos only has to do one thing to turn this mess around in the community. Drop the NDA.

People will be so busy pooring over new content much of these negative discussions will subside until Feb 25th. It would shut up any vaproware and scam comments as movies/previews/pics get released by the testers.

The only real question left is if the game is polished to the point that Tasos claims and it would resolve all these negative issues... why keep the NDA up?

-Atziluth-

- Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

• COORSCOORS Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by Aragon100

What a surprise!

You realize that you've made that same exact statement many, many times in the past. LOL!

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by COORS

What a surprise!

You realize that you've made that same exact statement many, many times in the past. LOL!

I know alot more about the game Darkfall now.

Dont you?

I'm glad i was right all along.

Cya all on the 25th of february.

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

I have a glancing interest in this game.  I no longer get my hopes up when I hear of a new MMORPG.  When I do hear of something I think I will enjoy I like to get the facts first.  I am bipartisan when it comes to Darkfall.  If it's a success I'll be happy and if it's a failure *shrug*  - it's not my money.

From this post you seem to have all the facts about Aventurine and Tasos.

Please post links with regards to the statements you listed above.  I'm not interested in your conjecture or speculation - I want facts.  Since you've put yourself out there and a person 'in the know' I don't think it will be too tough for you to prove what you said and back it up with real evidence.

I'm sure everyone reading this would benefit more from your insight if you posted the links where you got your ideas from.

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

• javacjavac Member Posts: 1,175

QFT, suckers.

• atziluthatziluth Member UncommonPosts: 1,190

QFT, suckers.

Yes because this enhances your credibility.

-Atziluth-

- Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.