Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Think DAoC will ever have another expansion?

Title is pretty self explanatory . I hope it does, it might attract new players, but sadly I don't see it happening unless the player base picks up :(

S H A D O W H A N D

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Played - All mainstream MMORPGS/Many others.

Favorites- Dark Age of Camelot/mordred,Shadowbane , Old school Ultima Online

Comments

• in4sitin4sit Member Posts: 130

No, I don't see it, not when you are talking around 3,000 people logged on at any given time,.. it would be a waste of money for them.

It's sad because I think DAOC of better than WAR and this game is 6+ years old..  but oh well.

Been there done that:
    Asherons Call,SWG,AOC,D&D,COH,Anarchy Online,DAOC,EVE,Guild Wars,LOTRO,POTBS,WAR,WW2, and Rift

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Yeah, I agree with in4sit. At the moment, there is not enough of a demand for an expansion due to the low population of the game.

If they manage to put in the effort to try and rebuild the community, then maybe someday there would be, but it's highly doubtful that it will happen at this point.

• dafriardafriar Member Posts: 4

I thought they did an expansion.. called Warhammer :)

Originally posted by dafriar

I thought they did an expansion.. called Warhammer :)

Well, I hope they don't think WAR can take the place of DAOC because to me....  DAOC beats WAR hands down,..  and thats a sad thing to say because of the age of DAOC.

Been there done that:
    Asherons Call,SWG,AOC,D&D,COH,Anarchy Online,DAOC,EVE,Guild Wars,LOTRO,POTBS,WAR,WW2, and Rift

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

It's interesting how every time a new game comes out and I try it out it makes DAoC look that much better in comparison.  If only there was a better population.....

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• ShneakyOneShneakyOne Member UncommonPosts: 156

It's called the MMO effect....

The first MMO of any type you play, will ALWAYS have that special place in your heart, and you won't get the same excitement from any other game ever.... that's just how it is.

My first was UO, and that game is still a game I play to this day. If your first was DAoC, then it will be something you'll love forever. Notice how MANY people compare MMO's to WoW? That's because WoW was their first MMO, and to them, the best MMO that they've ever played. This isn't because it's truely any better or worse than any other game, for it's own reasons, but because it's your first and you only get that thrill once.

Originally posted by ShneakyOne

The first MMO of any type you play, will ALWAYS have that special place in your heart, and you won't get the same excitement from any other game ever.... that's just how it is.

DAOC is not the 1st online game I jumped in to.

The 1st MMO I got on was Asheron's Call 1. I played that for 5+ years, then I went to SWG, then to DAOC.  So, no I am not saying DAOC was the best because it was my first MMO, I am saying it because out of any MMO, I liked how 95% of the game was setup.

To me, the combat fighting, toon movement, etc..  just stink!, I just can not get in to these new style, 1 hit type of games.

Been there done that:

• HonosHonos Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by ShneakyOne

My first was UO, and that game is still a game I play to this day. If your first was DAoC, then it will be something you'll love forever. Notice how MANY people compare MMO's to WoW? That's because WoW was their first MMO, and to them, the best MMO that they've ever played. This isn't because it's truely any better or worse than any other game, for it's own reasons, but because it's your first and you only get that thrill once.

Well DAoC was not my first MMO.  EQ for 3 years prior to DAoC.  However, DAoC prior to ToA was a much better game.  I'd come back to a origins server in an instant.  This is even more so now that I tried WAR, and found was a terrible job Mythic did on it. 

Past: EQ, EQ2, DAoC, SWG, WoW, LotR, VG, WAR, GW, GW2, Rift
    Present: The Elder Scrolls Online
    Future: Everquest Next