Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WTB epix?

sa1yamansa1yaman Member Posts: 272

Honestly wtf?

I hit level 80 few days ago on my first char and now what?

I really have to make exorbitant amount of gold to buy craftable purples and grind rep. with faction to buy others? Just so i can run heroics and then raids? Because i'm laughted off a party without these.

Why is there gap like this I have to jump over using all my willpower and dedication?

I'm puzzled because like 95% of level 80 i see are in complete purples, how they did it? is there a secret to this still unknown to me?

Comments

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Try running as many heroics as possible. Both the emblems and any potential drops, both blue and purple will help you. Start with the easier heroics and move to the more advanced ones little by little. If you remmber back in TBC you needed reputation with factions to enter heroic instances. You don't need that in LK so you can theoretically join any heroic you want the second you hit 80. You're just not ready for them. Which brings me to the single most important thing in an MMO:

Your friends.

They will help you catch up and gear up.

• el_muerteel_muerte Member Posts: 191

1.  Grind mats and get purples crafted.  If you have no gathering skills you can still generally buy mats for a good deal less than the finished item sells for.  Don't be a jackass and tip 3g to get level 80 epix crafted, those people worked hard and spent lots levelling their skill so show that you appreciate them.  Unless you're a total noob that's wasted all his money you should be able to afford at least a couple crafted purples.  Making gold at 80 is easy, run dailies.

2.  Do PvP.  Depending on your class the battleground gear may or may not be useful for raids/heroics, but you can also start arena teams and find others to team up with.  Don't expect to join an existing team until you've got some gear.

3.  Run regular level 80 instances, just because an item is blue doesn't mean it's useless to you.  Lots of the beginning purples are only slightly better than the better blues and everyone has to start somewhere.

4.  Learn to play your class optimally.  Many people are missing out on a lot of DPS because they aren't playing optimally or waste talent points.  Back in the BC days I could out-dps a lot of other full T4 rogues in my mix n match Kara gear, badge gear, welfare PvP epics, AH-bought swords, and level 70 blues.  Read the forums at elitistjerks.com for theorycrafting.  You're more likely to get into a group (or not) based on your DPS (if you're a DPSer) than just on gear.

5.  Get some geared friends and/or find a casual guild that runs heroics and raids.

• sa1yamansa1yaman Member Posts: 272

Thanks for the reply!

I do skinning and lw (got to 440 just minutes ago).

ShouId I bother with exalted purples? They doesn't seem to be that good..

Anyway I hope to make some money with my crafted gear, buy some other gear and then try to LFG

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by sa1yaman

Thanks for the reply!
    I do skinning and lw (got to 440 just minutes ago).
    ShouId I bother with exalted purples? They doesn't seem to be that good..
    Anyway I hope to make some money with my crafted gear, buy some other gear and then try to LFG

It depends on the class. Use Rawr to optimize your gear. For a mage, there are good crafted epics, & reputation epics that are best in slot until raids.

I have like 13 epics out of 17 slots with very little or no raiding. What you want to do is:

1) dailies for gold to buy epics (both crafted & BoE)

2) once you are at least in all blues (buy them off AH), go do heroics. They are not that difficult.

3) make sure you wear the right tabard to grind the right reputation when you are doing heroics.