Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Icon's Next Job

ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

Okay guys ... as you might (or might not yet) have read on another post here. I am about to complete my 7th job. (/bow) (Thank you). I am about 36k to lvl 75.

So I have BLM WHM NIN SMN PUP THF and soon to be RDM to 75 (and I always feel like I'm missing one). My question is what to do next? Just looking for you opinions. And feel free to give a good argument to the suggestions.

Job - lvl

------------------

BRD - 37

BLU - 20

BST - 22

COR - 19

DNC - 29

DRK - 27

DRG - 20

MNK - 32

PLD - 26

RNG - 20

SAM - 50

SCH - 37

WAR - 37

I got all my basic job functions covered (magic damage, mob control, healer, buff, debuff, puller, hate control, treasure hunter, tank). A little light on the melee DD. Also I am going to level all of them as time permits so there isn't anything specific that I need to do. The only rule I have is I don't take a job past 50 unless I have AF complete and I am still missing my SAM head. That just means I need to grab some people by the collars and drag them to the fight for it.

Also I like to lvl 2 or 3 jobs about the same time so when I get bored of one I can work on another. Trouble with that is I was working on SCH sub for my WHM and BLM so I accomplished that at the same time as RDM.

So if you could be so kind gimme suggestions on what to do next. If you want put the list in order from begining to end. Also other options are capping off exp for the existing jobs (i get really pissed when I delvl), get goldsmithing to 60 (currently 54), get fishing to 100 (currently 20), getting clothcraft to as close to 100 as possible (currently 91)

Job - @cap

-------------------

BLM - @10k

WHM - @4k

NIN - @4k

SMN - @43k

PUP @30k

THF @35k

RDM @80k

Comments

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

You're getting dancer to 75!! dcn/sam

That's what I'd like to do, but I'm years away! Have to get bst to 75 and thf high enough so I can do my AF pieces.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• reetinreetin Member Posts: 70

Well since you already have puppet master leveled up I would suggest leveling up MNK because that way you would not have to work so hard to get your hand - hand capped. that is the only thing I can see. Another thing you can do if you level up MNK is merit Hand - hand a bit that way you can get Raging Fists and other WS before you are supposed to get them. (Raging Fists is level 42 but if you merit the H2H you get it at 40)

• MageVailMageVail Member Posts: 12

I would definitely say, take Sam to 75, as it's the "least" amount of work you have to put in.  Other than that, for another job to lvl, get Drk to 37, so you can use it as a sub for Rdm.  {Chainspell} {Stun} {Yes, please}  Good luck with whichever you decide to do.  And good luck on fishing... SE's "botting" counter has me so upset with fishing I can't really do it anymore.  (If you don't know what SE's botting counter was, it was the fatigue factor they added.  i.e. you can only fish up ~200 fish a day, til JP midnight/10am EST)

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553

I'd reccomend SAM or DRK.  At 60DRK you can /SAM for Meditate.  That with Absorb-TP is awesome stuff.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

By the by ... the answer was: "Get every job to 37"

My leveling goals atm are to get every job to 37, then get evey job to 50 (so I can go AF for them) . Gonna work on BRD when I'm bored of the even leveling I think. I got:

WAR 37 MNK 37

WHM 75 BLM 75

RDM 75 THF 75

PLD 26 DRK 27

BST 26 BRD 37

RNG 24 SAM 50

NIN 75 DRG 20

SMN 75 BLU 20

COR 19 PUP 75

SCH37 DNC 37

Roadmap

RNG > 37

COR > 37 (get the two throw money away jobs out of the way)

DRK > 37 (so i can RDM/DRK in dynamis if need be)

DRG > 37

BST > 37

PLD > 37 (b/c it is the most likly for me to continue past 37 of the ones i have left)

BLU > 37 (So i can collect the needed spells over time)

• EverithEverith Member CommonPosts: 482

BARD BARD BARD BARD... can never have enough of us!

• MageVailMageVail Member Posts: 12

The only downside to bard, is you will probably never be anything else in an endgame setting.  Sure, soloing you can switch it up, but brd usually wins out.  I hide from people the fact that I have brd at 75 if I can.

• curiindicuriindi Member Posts: 488

I think you only need to get DRK to 37 - getting everything to 37 isn't really necessary. :)

If you want to have a max job for each expansion, you can consider DNC or SCH!

• NotArkardNotArkard Lord of the Rings Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 164

Level everything to 75. Get your Maat's Cap.

The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553
    Originally posted by NotArkard

Only need them to 66

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• EverithEverith Member CommonPosts: 482

DO IT ICON and send us pics! now CHOP CHOP hop to it!

• NotArkardNotArkard Lord of the Rings Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 164

Originally posted by Suplyndmnd
    Originally posted by NotArkard Level everything to 75. Get your Maat's Cap.

Only need them to 66

But then you'd be a slacker.

The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

Originally posted by Suplyndmnd

Only need them to 66

But then you'd be a slacker.

Exactly.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

So ... I had one of those moments last night.

I was getting a crapload of exp/hr (I went from 22 to 25 in less than an hour). Since I was sync I offered to jump off COR and switch to another lvl 25- job I have to keep the amazing exp going. It was kinda like:

(Icon) Hey guy want me to switch to another job that is under 25?

(Icon) I have BLU ;24 and ... ... ...

// Time Elapse :: About a minute later //

(Party 1) and?

(Icon) Oh wow ... I don't have any other jobs under 25. When did that happen?

(Party 1) lol

(Icon) Well I can go BLU o.O

So I ended up staying COR... So with 1 Exp Ring, 1 Training Regiment, 2 camp jumps, and a few deaths (one being me) ... all in all I went form 22 to about 1/3 of the way to 30 in just under 4 hours.

WAR 37 MNK 37

WHM 75 BLM 75

RDM 75 THF 75

PLD 26 DRK 27

BST 26 BRD 37

RNG 27 SAM 50

NIN 75 DRG 25

SMN 75 BLU 24

COR 29 PUP 75

SCH 37 DNC 37

So ... 11, 10, 11, 10, 13, 8 ... 22, 20,  21 .................63 more lvls to go (and i got my SAM AF done finally)