Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is my house? What the hell is happening?

ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Ok I left right as NGE was going down.  Hadn't even respec'ed yet so I went back for the vet month.  First of all I know I had a house.  I vaguely remember the landscape of where I placed it, but I have no idea where it is and I don't see a waypoint for it and it is not in my 'Data' section of my Datapad.  Could it have been destroyed or do I just need to hunt it down?

So now I am magically a level 19 spy and I have no clue how that translated because I remember rolling with groups and taking on some of the highest content in the game, but oh well I am having fun so far. 

Questions:

1) Where the hell is my house?

2) I am a level 19 rebel spy on Chilastra.  Where should I go to advance, what mission types do you suggest, where is good pvp and where are the most active areas? 

3) Is Chilastra a pretty good server? 

Thanks!  Sorry I am too lazy too figure this out right now and I have to go out to eat so I thought some kind soul here would help with all of my questions while I relax and eat filet mignon and lobster tails.

Comments

• ummaxummax Member Posts: 779

they had one packup way long ago.. so check your datapad that is where your houses will be this is assuming you just haven't lost their locations.   If you can't remember where they were then type in the  /locatestructure command and it will list all current unpacked structures.    As for combat level I have no idea how they worked it out I had some crafters that were level 10 and some that were 80 and .. just have to relevel them using the present system.    If your points were spread out so that you were "jack of all trades master of none" that is probably how they figured out your combat level. 

• pdxgeekpdxgeek Member Posts: 585
    Originally posted by ProfRed

Instead of creating actual content for the few people left playing, SOE allowed them to run around and pack up houses belonging to inactive players. Some NGE fanboi gleefully packed up your house and got a shiny for it.

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by pdxgeek

Instead of creating actual content for the few people left playing, SOE allowed them to run around and pack up houses belonging to inactive players. Some NGE fanboi gleefully packed up your house and got a shiny for it.

Yeah, because god forbid they make an event out of clearing up the clutter left by unpaid accounts.

Your blind hatred of the people who still play SWG is sad. Seek help.

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

If your house isn't in your datapad, type /locatestruc to get a list of waypoints to your houses.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

So if I run /locatestructure and nothing else comes into the chat after it says it is running that command and there are no house deeds in my inventory or datapad it is just gone?

Some might have blown up it depends when you left I lost a lot of stuff as I let maintenance run out before I closed the account.   So if you left your account running and didnt pay maintenance yeah its very possible they just blew up.     So if its not on your datapad and /locatestructure shows nothing is there then yup the houses were down and they ran out of maintenance before your account officially went into cancelled mode.   If you remember how the game went we had to put maintenance into the structures to prevent them from going boom.  I remember going away for 2 months on work and a great many items running outo f maintenance at one point as I didn't have time before leaving to stuff money into structures and pull up harvesters.   

Also I didn't see the part about chilastra but to my knowledge its a very good pvp server and a lot of people moved to it with the present free transfer thingy they are allowing.   Your a destination server so staying put is all you have to worry about.   

Originally posted by ummax

Some might have blown up it depends when you left I lost a lot of stuff as I let maintenance run out before I closed the account.   So if you left your account running and didnt pay maintenance yeah its very possible they just blew up.     So if its not on your datapad and /locatestructure shows nothing is there then yup the houses were down and they ran out of maintenance before your account officially went into cancelled mode.   If you remember how the game went we had to put maintenance into the structures to prevent them from going boom.  I remember going away for 2 months on work and a great many items running outo f maintenance at one point as I didn't have time before leaving to stuff money into structures and pull up harvesters.   
    Also I didn't see the part about chilastra but to my knowledge its a very good pvp server and a lot of people moved to it with the present free transfer thingy they are allowing.   Your a destination server so staying put is all you have to worry about.   

Cool that must be what happened.  I remember making a ton with a harvester farm, investing in a house and a big bad pet droid and some nice armor.  Now i've lost all harvesters and my house and all I have left is a really cool tiget pet and a big bad droid pet and 5k credits.  Bummer!!!  Oh well..  Still having fun for now.  So what's the fastest way to make some money these days?

Ok so I got this awesome armor set before I left and now it says it is wearable, but I lack the certification to use it??  I can't find any info on certifications in the help section, or anything in the NPC searching or bazaar information.  The only thing I can find online has to do with pilot certifications...

How do I wear my armor when it says I lack the cert? 

How do I use this 6 month vet reward yacht in my datapad??

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

You need to be at least lvl 22 and not a Jedi to wear armour.

• g.killramg.killram Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by Obraik

You need to be at least lvl 22 and not a Jedi to wear armour.

that leaves out 90% of current players then.

Ok so I got this awesome armor set before I left and now it says it is wearable, but I lack the certification to use it??  I can't find any info on certifications in the help section, or anything in the NPC searching or bazaar information.  The only thing I can find online has to do with pilot certifications...
    How do I wear my armor when it says I lack the cert? 
    How do I use this 6 month vet reward yacht in my datapad??

for the yatcht I'm assuming you have jump to light speed installed?   If so go to a starport and look for the blue terminals not the green ticket terminals.    I dont know if you know how to fly a ship in this game so you might have to take the initial flight lesson if your going to actually fly it.   If you just want to move from planet to planet select the option to travel to planets from the terminals in the starports and pick a planet and choose the travel option.

You should have mails if you want to learn to fly the yacht to various trainers still.  If not go to the piloting forums on the main site and there is a list.   There is also an swg.wikia.com that has info like that with wp's.  I personally cant remember so I would have to look it up too so I will leave that to you.

Otherwise you can use it to port from planet to planet.  If its on your datapad it means you already have it ready to fly so you just pick the ship and then a set of options pops up one with the map that gives you a selection of planets to travel to and off you go. 

As obraik said for the armour cert thing the only thing is a level requirement of 22 and that you not be jedi.  Since you said your a spy then you just need to level to 22 and you can equip armour.  Armour stats have changed a lot and you willl probably find that the armour in your inventory is not good in comparison to what you can get now, but since your not even level 22 its plenty :)

• vet-in-exilevet-in-exile Member Posts: 239

for the yatcht I'm assuming you have jump to light speed installed?

Everybody has Jump to Lightspeed now because the NGE developers were too stupid to figure out how to have the tutorial section on the Millenium Falcon for people that didn't have JtL. Instead of figuring it out they just gave everybody the expansion...I'm sure Smed must have cringed at that decision...

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410
    Originally posted by vet-in-exile

Everybody has Jump to Lightspeed now because the NGE developers were too stupid to figure out how to have the tutorial section on the Millenium Falcon for people that didn't have JtL. Instead of figuring it out they just gave everybody the expansion...I'm sure Smed must have cringed at that decision...

JTL was supposed to be in at launch and is considered a core part of the game.   

• ajax7ajax7 Member Posts: 363

There are more Comandos than Jedi now, lol.

Play the game don't make things up.

Ajax

more inaccurate information

1) he is a returning vet who closed his account down.   He has a yacht on his datapad so yes he has jtl installed however this does not mean all returning players will have jtl.   I just added the complete online adventures to one account that was 4 years old only 6 months ago.  

2) you get jtl if you purchase now because its a bundled package.  The expansion is years old so of course its included not to mention this is the way sony deals with its expansions.   SEE eq2 and eq for more examples of this.   They tend to after a time include all expansions with a new edition once the game gets older so that people are not spending 400 bucks for all the game parts.   Thisi s not unusual for other games see things like the blizzard warchest where they include several games/expansions in one.  

Please attempt to like be accurate in what you say.  This guy tried to ask a question.  OKay I personally feel that he should have taken the time to read main forums, but I just answer them cause some people seem to not have the patience for that.    Its very possible that he never purchased jtl before he closed his account.   As we can see in this case he has, but since i myself had to upgrade an account using their compilation only 6 months ago because I had only the original swg game on it no what you say is not the case.    SWG is like any other older game over time they include all parts into one single disk/download.    Otherwise people would be spending a couple hundred bucks to get all parts of the game together, but the game is 5 years old.   Games tend to get cheaper once they get older and SWG is no exception.

So please do not misinform people

that would be great thanks.

• ValeranValeran Member Posts: 925

1) he is a returning vet who closed his account down.   He has a yacht on his datapad so yes he has jtl installed however this does not mean all returning players will have jtl.   I just added the complete online adventures to one account that was 4 years old only 6 months ago.  

2) you get jtl if you purchase now because its a bundled package.  The expansion is years old so of course its included not to mention this is the way sony deals with its expansions.   SEE eq2 and eq for more examples of this.   They tend to after a time include all expansions with a new edition once the game gets older so that people are not spending 400 bucks for all the game parts.   Thisi s not unusual for other games see things like the blizzard warchest where they include several games/expansions in one.  

Please attempt to like be accurate in what you say.  This guy tried to ask a question.  OKay I personally feel that he should have taken the time to read main forums, but I just answer them cause some people seem to not have the patience for that.    Its very possible that he never purchased jtl before he closed his account.   As we can see in this case he has, but since i myself had to upgrade an account using their compilation only 6 months ago because I had only the original swg game on it no what you say is not the case.    SWG is like any other older game over time they include all parts into one single disk/download.    Otherwise people would be spending a couple hundred bucks to get all parts of the game together, but the game is 5 years old.   Games tend to get cheaper once they get older and SWG is no exception.

He is actually correct about why they gave JTL to everyone for free now.

--------
    Ten Golden Rules Of Videogame Fanboyism

"SOE has probably united more gamers in hatred than Blizzard has subs"...daelnor

Originally posted by Valeran

however saying that the reason its given as part of an compilation is stupidity on the part of a developer is wrong.    He is assuming a few things

a) that a company would sell 4 year old expansions normally when the company has a history of doing it much differently

b) he is saying they are doing it cause they are stupid

c) he is saying everyone has it as part of their game which is wrong you have to purchase either jtl or the complete online adventures in order to get it.  Obviously buying the complete online adventures is a better option however its wrong to give information as he has.

He is just trolling he is not here to answer and his answer was in fact wrong and tainted with an opinion completely ignoring what sony classically does with expansions over time which has nothing to do with stupidity.   If you learn their patterns you know that if you wait 1 year you can buy the old expansions with the new ones because that is what sony does.  It has nothing to do with stupidity though it has to do with how sony bundles its older software.  That piled on top of the fact that no many vets who left and did not purchase jtl in fact dont have jtl installed on accounts and have to purchase it in some fashion is totally misinforming a guy who is asking questions.

so again please be accurate and leave out the garbage.  

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

SOE is probably demolishing everyone's house and they'll start selling land in thier cash shop...I wouldn't put it past them lol

Originally posted by Gravarg

SOE is probably demolishing everyone's house and they'll start selling land in thier cash shop...I wouldn't put it past them lol

I can vision it...Land givaway but only via TCG booster purchases.

--------

"SOE has probably united more gamers in hatred than Blizzard has subs"...daelnor

• rage9000rage9000 Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by Gravarg

sounds par for course

Originally posted by Valeran

however saying that the reason its given as part of an compilation is stupidity on the part of a developer is wrong.    He is assuming a few things

a) that a company would sell 4 year old expansions normally when the company has a history of doing it much differently

b) he is saying they are doing it cause they are stupid

c) he is saying everyone has it as part of their game which is wrong you have to purchase either jtl or the complete online adventures in order to get it.  Obviously buying the complete online adventures is a better option however its wrong to give information as he has.

He is just trolling he is not here to answer and his answer was in fact wrong and tainted with an opinion completely ignoring what sony classically does with expansions over time which has nothing to do with stupidity.   If you learn their patterns you know that if you wait 1 year you can buy the old expansions with the new ones because that is what sony does.  It has nothing to do with stupidity though it has to do with how sony bundles its older software.  That piled on top of the fact that no many vets who left and did not purchase jtl in fact dont have jtl installed on accounts and have to purchase it in some fashion is totally misinforming a guy who is asking questions.

so again please be accurate and leave out the garbage.  

Everyone has JTL as part of their game subscription now that is a fact...no expansion cost is required.  Not sure if the yacht is given with that without a purchase but JTL itself is now included with your game sub because if what was stated above.  Stupid may be the wrong term...ignorant is probably better.

--------

Yeah sorry I didn't take the time to research.  I just had a baby girl and my pc time is limited so I was hoping some bored players might be able to help me out.  I am not sure why I have JTL installed, but I did try a trial or something after it had come out.  Maybe I had tried resubbing for a little bit, but I don't believe I spent any money at all. 

I have up to 5 year vet rewards so i'm going to try to sell those to get back into the swing of things.  Thanks for the answers!