Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online Community Challenge

KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

The guys at Star Vault have issued a challenge to the MO community. Interacting with the community doesn't get much more hands on, or I guess keyboards on, than this. Check it out!

Mortal Online Community Challenge

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

Comments

• L1ghtsabeRL1ghtsabeR Member Posts: 102

Henrik also promised that the match would be recorded so we will all be able to view it afterwards.

Also, we suggested on IRC that similar competitions could be held in other games. Henrik said that we should see how this event goes and then talk about that... so there is hope.

One of the games we suggested was the HL2 mod called Age of Chivalry, which is a FPV medievil combat game. Some of us even played a bit with Henrik on friday evening and he was really good at it, even tho it was his first time playing the game. So I think this could be an interesting challenge.

Anyway, good luck to the Dota team, the devs don't stand a chance!

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by L1ghtsabeR

The problem with such contest is that they are being operated on p2p games. They should choose a f2p environment, that everyone can afford to try out.

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    Originally posted by joshe

Originally posted by L1ghtsabeR

The problem with such contest is that they are being operated on p2p games. They should choose a f2p environment, that everyone can afford to try out.

In that regard then I think it would be up to the MO official forum community to challenge them in a f2p game. It's my understanding that they were challenged in that game (DoTA) and accepted it. Also, I thought DoTA was a free download, so you'd just have to buy/already own Warcraft 2(?) And the game will be on Star Vault servers, so with WC2 being out forever now, a free DoTA download and connecting to SV servers, it's pretty much free. I mean, WC2, if you can find it, shouldn't be more than $4.99(US) if that.

I don't know it the COD series of games would be considered p2p (cause you have to buy the game but online play is free) but if they have a contest for that I want in. I have everything from COD2 forward PC wise.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• sickansickan Member Posts: 166

Weii, I cant wait too se the result, even more if they record it ;o)

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by Khalathwyr

In that regard then I think it would be up to the MO official forum community to challenge them in a f2p game. It's my understanding that they were challenged in that game (DoTA) and accepted it. Also, I thought DoTA was a free download, so you'd just have to buy/already own Warcraft 2(?) And the game will be on Star Vault servers, so with WC2 being out forever now, a free DoTA download and connecting to SV servers, it's pretty much free. I mean, WC2, if you can find it, shouldn't be more than $4.99(US) if that.
    I don't know it the COD series of games would be considered p2p (cause you have to buy the game but online play is free) but if they have a contest for that I want in. I have everything from COD2 forward PC wise.

Dota is a stand alone, free to download map for warcraft III: the frozen throne. So I'd actually have to buy box with WIII. Games you are talking about (COD) are buy to play (b2p) too. There are couple free games as well.
    For example babo violent 2, soldat, or ofps games - but those contain too many cheaters and as a f2p gamer, you won't be able to close game room.

We will see, devs will bring up more interactive contests.

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    Originally posted by joshe

Originally posted by Khalathwyr

Dota is a stand alone, free to download map for warcraft III: the frozen throne. So I'd actually have to buy box with WIII. Games you are talking about (COD) are buy to play (b2p) too. There are couple free games as well.

For example babo violent 2, soldat, or ofps games - but those contain too many cheaters and as a f2p gamer, you won't be able to close game room.

We will see, devs will bring up more interactive contests.

Ahh, ok. I stopped at Warcraft II: ToD. After the original Command and Conquer I've never really liked RTS games. Well, maybe one, Dawn of War, but that's because of my affiliation with Games Workshop.

Well, here's to hoping a CoD: WaW match comes!

Chavez y Chavez

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876

You don't need the retail version, just use battle lan or lancraft, ask for the host's IP, I don't think they would mind. And the one hosting might even use listchecker (it removes battle.net's interferance during the game for better latency and stability) so he would just have to /sendlan <yourip>.

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2