Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE: junk or no

SpongySpongy Member Posts: 4

I personally don't like EVE, go ahead call me a carebear, but i don't like PvP in EVE it's more of a "who has the better ship" game.But from the 14 day trial i played it isn't a game that will last very long i mean c'mon i was almost in a CRUISER by the end of the trial but i just got so bored that i quit when i still had 3 days left.Now i'm not saying its a bad game its a great game but when you have the monthly fee a universe so huge it takes over 3 hours to get to the Angel cartel home system from Gallente space, it just ain't worth it in my opinion.I think this game is gouing to end up just like planetside: they keep saying they're going to update but never do, i've seen it everywhere, form a llittle known space shooter freelancer by microsoft where people keep saying they're going to finish a certain "kool" mod but never do to half a dozen other mmorpg's.I mean look at guildwars they don't even HAVE a monthly fee.and another thing your all gonna say, well if you don't like don't play it, your right i'm not going to play it because i can't, why? because i'm under 18, do you know how many teenage gamers there are, THATS WHAT MOST GAMERS ARE IS TEENAGED, yes theres the 1/8 or so that are in their 20's to 50's.

Personally when i first saw this game i was jumping for joy, i checked the site oncwe twice even 3 times a day, then i learned about the monthly fee and i started to ckeck the site less and then i learned about the bugs abd unfulfilled promises of updates.Now your all saying well thats just all the bad stuff, well yes it is and i'm not saying it's all bad.there's the brilliant ship design the massive systems the stations that look like they were carved from some exotic rock thers lots of good things but for me even stunning visual effects can't cover up the stark truth to me atleast.EVE started out as the best game i'd ever heard of and turned into, personally the gaming worlds worst debacle.oh yes go ahead ridicule the "noobs" stange views i don't really care i probably won't even monitor this thread any more because in a few months a TRUE mmorpg will be coming out.if you guesed its called guildwars you'd be right.

It's better than EVE in many ways no monthly fee(why does that keep popping up anyway)good graphics, instanced PvE so theres no camping.Now your going to say but EVE's older well why didn't they think up steaming technology hhmm? they didn't because they wouldn't get the constant flow of cash from all the subscriptions.MOST dev. don't care about the player base they're just in it for the money.And now that i think about it even if my parents would have payed for the subscription i don't think i would ask them to even pay for one month.

Oh yes i know i'm just criticising a perfectly good game that to me lost it's luster when they announced the outrageous monthly fee, you may say this is just a rant about the mothly fee which many of you have no problem with because you've got cash to spare.well most 15 year old teenagers don't have the kind of cash required to do that.

Bah what's the use this'll just get locked and said to be the rantings of a crazy teenager.but it's not like i should care since this is actually one of the better mmo's if you could call any mmo good.

Comments

• ZipehZipeh Member Posts: 265

the monthly fee is nominal, less than 1 CD / month.

Eve is not trying to be a game that attracts a certain age group, they made the game to be like it is, and that will attract who it attratcs, many 15 year old love the game.  I know i would have loved ths game at that age, I was playing Elite then, dreaming that someday in the not too distant future a multiplayer game like Elite would come along, and here it is. 

Eve is unlike 90% of the games and attracts a diff sort of player from most. Many hate eve for all the reasons i like it which is awesome in my opinion.  Diversity is the spice of life. Thanks for the post, you did a good job of criticising the game without resorting to the usual complaints, and you didnt come accross as a slobering fool trying to flame, but to represent your point of view.

Have fun in Guild Wars.

• ValaraukValarauk Member Posts: 303

(Voted: Nah it's bettern that!)
    There are some obvious inaccuracies in your argument. For instance your assertion that only 12.5% of the MMO player population is made up by players age 20 and over. In actuality 55.8% of male and 80.2% of female players are over the age of 23. Only about 20.1% of males and 4.4% of females are in the sub 17 braket which you I suppose are a part of. The Daedalus project is my favorite study into the world of mmo's (especially mmorpgs) and the people who play them but there are several others and the statistics are around the above mentioned numbers on all of them to the best of my knowledge. Also with regards to content and mechanics development post-release I agree with you in some respects. Many mmo's do promise alot more than they give, EVE however is not one of these games. They're first expansion "shiva", which is free btw, must have come into play after you left?

There are other things mentioned that I had problems with but I don't ahve time to address them. Eve is amazing in it's complexity and size. It also is almost entirely player driven and possesses one of the most remarkable economic systems I have ever seen in an MMO. I agree with you that the combat is dry and stacked towards the better hardware configuration. Also the macros/afk mining went far towards ruining the game expeience as well imo. I also didn't renew my subscription after the 14day trial but I did enjoy it and would certainly give it high marks were I to rate it.

*Recovering Evercrack Addict*
    -Currently waiting for EQII&WoW -

WARNING: Spelling and grammatical errors intentionally left in document to test for Anal Retentive Trolls.

"The key to wasting time is distraction. Without distractions it's too obvious to your brain that you're not doing anything with it, and you start to feel uncomfortable." - Paul Graham http://paulgraham.com/hs.html

• CennCenn Member Posts: 239

(voted: suprised ...)
    Good arguments, but i have to repectfully disagree...

The Devs are actually really good - they interact with the players, and take into account our wishes etc. Patches and new content are fairly regular (every few months)

Yeha the monthly thing sucks - but its actually cheap for me - i spend more every weekend on drinks/party etc... Its like the cost of a single dinner... I consider it great value for money.

As said previously - the player economy is amazing and something i've never seen in any other game. Its the most accurate representation of a real econmomy i've seen in any game so far.

As to the player setups - there is an aspect of "shiny toys are better". But this is in the process of changing all the time - Even now, a group of properly equipped/skilled characters will usually win.

4 basic frigates with the proper gear (jamming, webbing, etc) can take out a lone battleship.

There is in fact no "best setup" or "best ship" in the game - but everything depends on the situation, and neary all ships have their place in the game .

But, aparently this game is not to your liking.. <shrug> so be it, there are lots of games i dislike as well.

• natasnatas Member Posts: 135

"I personally don't like EVE, go ahead call me a carebear, but i don't like PvP in EVE it's more of a "who has the better ship" game.But from the 14 day trial i played it isn't a game that will last very long i mean c'mon i was almost in a CRUISER by the end of the trial but i just got so bored that i quit when i still had 3 days left."

Yes you "could" get in a cruiser that fast but, You wouldnt be able to do anything in it...except possably mine with 1 miner 1 or something.

People like you are a joke to society.image

Mooooo™

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955

Your main concern here appears to be the monthly fee, I could be wrong but something in your post kind of led me to this conclusion.  Sorry dude but get used to it.

There are a number of different models for mmorpg's and by far the most common is P2P ( pay to play ).  Sure we would all like the game to be free but this isn't a perfect world and it's the mighty dollar, pound, krona or ( insert your currency here ) that makes it all go round.

You mentioned Guildwars and yes you are quite correct when you say that there is no monthly fee.  You do however have to buy the box, not to mention the boxes for any updated content in the future and considering that this is the only revenue that the developers and publishers will get I can imagine there will be quite a few of them.  Don't be surprised if eventually you need to shell out a sizeable amount every couple of months or so for the latest add-on just so that you can keep up with everyone else in game.

As for Eve:

If you spent the two weeks trial alone running around here, there and everywhere then yes you would get bored.  Eve along with just about every other mmorpg out there is all about community and to be honest, as communities go Eve has a pretty good one.  Updates are free and as someone already mentioned come along every couple of months.  Expansions are a little rarer but the again FREE Shiva expansion is due to hit the live server on November 17th, the Kali expansion in 2005 and the next in 2006, mm! there is a pattern developing here.

I noticed that you mentioned how long it took to reach the main areas of the Angel Cartel from Gallente space and I must say that it gave me a little chuttle, I mean get a grip.  You are telling us here that in your first two weeks of play you went wandering off to some of the most dangerous and inhospitable parts of the Eve universe in a ship held together by rubber bands?  Not only that but you are complaining about the PvP so I imagine that some nasty player pirate down there took great delight in seperating you from said ship and possibly your life.

Next you say that the PvP comes down to who has the better ship.  Reality check!  Two guys in the street fighting, the one that wins is the guy with the gun in his hand dude.  Life is all about who has the most advantages and so it is in Eve.  I can tell from your post that you have most likely not played any mmorpg before or if so then probably a free trial here and there.  This means that you have not been subjected to the plague of the powergaming 12 year olds who's sole goal in life is to ruin the game for everyone else and believe me they exist in every online game.  To slightly change a line from a well known film " If you play it they will come "

Eve, twelve months ago had this same problem but to the credit of the developers they sorted it out.  New security measures were brought in that forced these people down into the low security, dangerous areas of the universe leaving the higher security sectors pretty much free of them.  Of course no solution is perfect and pilots exploring these areas before they are ready and in a ship made from cut up cardboard boxes tend to die pretty quickly.

All that said Eve isn't for everyone but before you dismiss a game as rubbish try playing it for a couple of months and learn what it has to offer, good luck in guild Wars.

Btw, the average player age in Eve is 24.

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

I enjoyed EVE when i first started playing it. I was keen to learn new skills, get into a cruiser and progress onto lvl 2 agent missions. Within a few weeks i was in my shiny cruiser and doing lvl 2 agent missions.....3 months on still doing them!

EVE is claimed by some to be a casual gamers dream due to it's offline training of skills, but being offline means i am not amassing a fortune it will take to be able to afford a raven at over a 100 million isk! EVE seems to offer only mining or agent running as primarily it's core game. My cruiser, skills or whatever mean lvl 3 missions are far too hazardous to undertake in my cruiser and i'm sick to death of killing Krull only to be offered the mission to kill him again 3 missions later!

My dabbling with player corps have been lacklustre...they only seem to cater for the small hierarchy and it's sod the rest so i am now resorting to doing the same old repetitive lvl 2 missions i was doing 2 months ago

'urry WoW up and smoke me a kipper!

Pan

Pan

Originally posted by panache

I enjoyed EVE when i first started playing it. I was keen to learn new skills, get into a cruiser and progress onto lvl 2 agent missions. Within a few weeks i was in my shiny cruiser and doing lvl 2 agent missions.....3 months on still doing them!
     EVE is claimed by some to be a casual gamers dream due to it's offline training of skills, but being offline means i am not amassing a fortune it will take to be able to afford a raven at over a 100 million isk! EVE seems to offer only mining or agent running as primarily it's core game. My cruiser, skills or whatever mean lvl 3 missions are far too hazardous to undertake in my cruiser and i'm sick to death of killing Krull only to be offered the mission to kill him again 3 missions later!
     My dabbling with player corps have been lacklustre...they only seem to cater for the small hierarchy and it's sod the rest so i am now resorting to doing the same old repetitive lvl 2 missions i was doing 2 months ago
     'urry WoW up and smoke me a kipper!

Pan

Lvl 3 missions are intended for cruisers and you should be able to handle most of them, there are one or two however when taking a friend along is advisable.

I use a Moa for lvl 3 missions and if I spend a day doing them I will earn between 3 and 5 million isk in bounties and rewards.

Cheers Eric

Maybe you could post your Moa setup here so i can try to recreate it. If i don't find something to do different in EVE soon my days there are numbered :(

Thanx

Pan

Pan

I use 3 250mm named railguns and 1 named neutron blaster, medium shield booster with 3 shield hardeners against EM, Kinetic and Thermal damage.  Named tracking enhancer with 2 reactor core upgrades & a co-processor, 2 heavy missile launchers loaded with widowmakers to finish up.

For ammo use at least iridium to give you decent damage and a range bonus.  Don't try to get up close and personel with the enemy, Caldari ships are built more for range and get bonuses to the optimal range of hybrid turrets.

Warp into 60km of the mission bookmark and pick them off.  of course your skills will matter a lot here and you may need to train a couple more before you can effectively hit at that range.  The blaster will not hit at that range so don't even try it.  Save that for if the enemy gets within 15km of you and then let them have it.

Hope this helps.

Note that for PvP you will need a different loadout and also if the enemies you will be facing use warp scrammblers.

Thanks Eric me old fruit!

Hope my interest returns soon...if not i'll be thinking of trying JTL on SWG...shudder the thought!!

i'll go to the foot of our stairs if i play that again :)

Pan

Pan

• ArgeanArgean Member Posts: 126

Another cruisier choice is a Carcal if you are Caldari. I used that up until this week when I could finally got my Scorpion insured. My setup for a Carclal was 5 heavy launchers with Scorge missles. Nothing special for mods just Med shield extender, 10mn MWD, Med cap battery, and a activated sensor booster. Warp in at 60k turn and kite them. Stay about 35+k away and they will not hit you often.

A cheaper route to getting a BS is to get the mins and BPC to build it yourself or find someone to do it for you. If you reproccess all the loot you get from missions you can get a good potion of the mins needed.

Eve-Online

Eve-Online

Originally posted by panache

keep trying and be more selective in your choice a good corp is key in my mind to a great eve gaming experience.  there are plenty corps that are run by mature, well meaning people who make it their mission to support the corp, not use the corp to support themselves.

• Originally posted by Spongy

I personally don't like EVE,

No problem there. No game ever made has been liked by everyone. But now you know for sure if you like it or not since you actually walked the walk and tried it.

go ahead call me a carebear, but i don't like PvP

There is nothing wrong with not liking to PvP. BTW what do you call someone who likes BOTH PvE and PvP? Eh? See labels are useless. imageimage

in EVE it's more of a "who has the better ship" game.

No. In EvE it's about who has what skills + type of ship + what choices they made for the many, many, different ship parts + who knows the lay of the land aka space better = who ends up being nice at PvP.

Next, EvE is not ONLY a PvP game. One can play it without ever PvPing. And still get ahead.

But from the 14 day trial i played it isn't a game that will last very long i mean c'mon i was almost in a CRUISER by the end of the trial but i just got so bored that i quit when i still had 3 days left.

Guess how long EvE has been around. Come on, guess. image

Now i'm not saying its a bad game its a great game but when you have the monthly fee a universe so huge it takes over 3 hours to get to the Angel cartel home system from Gallente space, it just ain't worth it in my opinion.

Dude, there are many ways to incrcrease ship speed. Also, the game on purpose added many realistic features - from using the unit A U  - which is a real life term. In addition to sticking somewhat to making the galaxy incredibly HUGE.

Next, there is no need to criss-cross the entire galaxy often, over and over. This is not EQ, or 80% of all othter MMORPGs where you can instantly teleport anywhere in seconds. In EvE you actually have to plan where you are going, prepare for it, and expect to *gasp* stay there for a while. Which will *gasp* make you end up actually exploring.

I think this game is gouing to end up just like planetside: they keep saying they're going to update but never do,

PS is a 10000000% different game than EvE. First of all PS is made by a huge, major, mainstream, big boy company. EvE is made by a company that is more "Mom and Pop"in comparison. And there are also many more things about both games nowhere alike.

And how about you name these failed updates you say EvE promised to do but never did?

i've seen it everywhere, form a llittle known space shooter freelancer by microsoft where people keep saying they're going to finish a certain "kool" mod but never do to half a dozen other mmorpg's.I mean look at guildwars they don't even HAVE a monthly fee.

You claim you see this everywhere. But then give 2 examples. Freelancer (yes I played it also, check the links in my sig! image) is NOT a MMORPG. It is essentially Diablo 2 in space. It can be played in stand alone mode, or online. 1 server in online mode can hold 2 to 400 players at the same time. Though most of the time the maximum players is around 30. And when everyone logs off... the gameworld/server vanishes. Also the online mode is hosted by other players.  So Freelancer cannot be used as an example when talking about EvE.

GW? It has just come out! And you are complaining about GW not having any updates? LOL!

and another thing your all gonna say, well if you don't like don't play it, your right i'm not going to play it because i can't, why? because i'm under 18, do you know how many teenage gamers there are, THATS WHAT MOST GAMERS ARE IS TEENAGED, yes theres the 1/8 or so that are in their 20's to 50's.

How about you FIRST wait for people to say something. That way you know if they actually say it, and think it. What you did was make something up - since no one said it.

And no, teenagers are NOT who most gamers are. It depends on each game. Some games the majority of players are age 35+. Some games age 21 to 30. And some games mostly teenagers. Some games have a solid and even representation from all age groups. As for Eve.... no the majority of players are not teenagers.

Personally when i first saw this game i was jumping for joy, i checked the site oncwe twice even 3 times a day, then i learned about the monthly fee and i started to ckeck the site less

If the monthly fee turned you off, guess what? You yourself have proven how false your point is that the majority of gamers are teenagers. EvE easily has 30,000+ players. And they ALL pay the monthly fee. See us adults you claim are in the minority can easily afford $15 per month.  In fact, many of us play more than one MMORPG at the same time. image Some even have 2, 4, 8 accounts in the same MMORPGs. image All paid for. image

and then i learned about the bugs abd unfulfilled promises of updates.Now your all saying well thats just all the bad stuff, well yes it is and i'm not saying it's all bad.there's the brilliant ship design the massive systems the stations that look like they were carved from some exotic rock thers lots of good things but for me even stunning visual effects can't cover up the stark truth to me atleast.EVE started out as the best game i'd ever heard of and turned into, personally the gaming worlds worst debacle.oh yes go ahead ridicule the "noobs" stange views i don't really care i probably won't even monitor this thread any more because in a few months a TRUE mmorpg will be coming out.if you guesed its called guildwars you'd be right.

Ehh, dude, didn't you KNOCK GW earlier in this post? And there is no such thing as 1 MMORPG that will rule them all. No game ever has, nor ever will, please all gamers. Just find the game you like, and have fun in it.

It's better than EVE in many ways no monthly fee(why does that keep popping up anyway)good graphics, instanced PvE so theres no camping.Now your going to say but EVE's older well why didn't they think up steaming technology hhmm? they didn't because they wouldn't get the constant flow of cash from all the subscriptions.MOST dev. don't care about the player base they're just in it for the money.And now that i think about it even if my parents would have payed for the subscription i don't think i would ask them to even pay for one month.

Now you are going off subject. You started off talking only about EvE. Now you want to compare EvE vs GW? Make a new thread.

- EvE right now IS a successful MMORPG. GW right now IS NOT. GW has just come out. If  it survives past the 1 year mark, and still has 50,000 accounts minimum then GW will fit the definition of being a successful MMORPG.

- There is fine print associated with GW which I won't get into here since this is the EvE forums. GW is free up to a certain point. Depending on what keeps you busy and for how long.

- You saying the EvE game DEVs are like the DEVs from all other MMORPGs shows how very little you know about EvE currently.

- Instancing (which you should worship Anarchy Online for, since they introduced it first) works. But no MMORPG survives on having ONLY that. SWG learned this lesson the hard way and now has more static dungeons. Even AO made more static dungeons. The name of the game is having BOTH instancing aka "personal dungones" AND static dungeons = gives players the most possible choices on how to play.

Oh yes i know i'm just criticising a perfectly good game that to me lost it's luster when they announced the outrageous monthly fee,

So basicllay you HATE EvE because of its "outrageous monthly fee"? Well I have this to say:

Do not play any MMORPGs. Instead concentrate on your schoolwork. Get your diploma. Go to college. Get your diploma. Get a nice career job. Save up more money, get the house, car. THEN come back to playing MMORPGs. You will easily be able to afford $20.oo per month like the rest of us adults. imageimage

you may say this is just a rant about the mothly fee which many of you have no problem with because you've got cash to spare.well most 15 year old teenagers don't have the kind of cash required to do that.

F-A-L-S-E! I was 12 when I started working. I had a newspaper route. I pulled in $50.oo per week minimum. I worked 2 hours a day. 1 hour in the morning, 1 in the evening. Then I spent 1 day a week collecting payments. (It took me roughly 4 hours to collect the payments from all the customers on my route.) I also made money by doing jobs for my parents, and neighbours - washing their cars, cutting the grass, cleaning the bathroom, and entire house, vacumming the rug, shoveling the snow, babysitting, walking dogs, housesitting, feeding their pets when they went on vacation.

I was 14 when I got my first "real job" aka working on the books, getting taxes taken out of my paycheck. I worked 3 hours part time after school at a company. I made roughly $70.oo per week take home.

Most 15 year olds are strong enough to wash a few neighbour's cars, mow lawns, and make 50.oo+ per month easy!

Bah what's the use this'll just get locked and said to be the rantings of a crazy teenager.but it's not like i should care since this is actually one of the better mmo's if you could call any mmo good.

Now you go from hating EvE to saying it is one of the better MMORPGs. Stay in school. Get the best grades you can. Get that diploma. Go to college. Get teh best grades you can. Get that diploma. Get the career job. Then come back to MMROPGs. The monthly fee will seem like nothing - the price of 2 sandwiches, 4 cups of coffee. In fact, one gets more entertainment out of a MMORPG than any form of entertainment for the money.

- Night at the movies last 2 hours and costs $10.oo to $20.oo

- New music CD lasts a few weeks and costs $11.oo to $15.oo

- A MMORPG lasts 1 month (for the monthly fee) and costs $10.oo to $15.oo. Thats 30 days aka  240 HOURS. Roughly 50 cents per day to be entertained for 1 hour to 8+ hours each day! imageimageimage

-Personal Website (A Work in progress):
    http://www.geocities.com/xplororor/index.html
    -AC, AC2, AO, EQ, SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor
    -More SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/captain_sica_xol
    -EverQuest II:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_eq2archives01
    -EQ, Dungeon Siege, Diablo II, *UXO*:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01
    -EVE Online !!!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

• zoddenzodden Member UncommonPosts: 80

"THATS WHAT MOST GAMERS ARE IS TEENAGED, yes theres the 1/8 or so that are in their 20's to 50's."

Well for playstation, or sega or maybe alot of PC games thats true, but thats NOT true for MMORPG's. They have an older player base. Why? You guessed it, because of the monthly fee that you can not afford to pay. I would say that more then 50% of Eve's players are 20 and over.

• CatastrofikCatastrofik Member Posts: 43

There is a very well done, ongoing, study and demographics of MMOs called the DAEDALUS PROJECT which covers age ranges and all that good stuff. It's a good read and pretty much puts the "only teenages play games" myth to rest. Give it a look.

Gender and Age Distribution demographics can be found here

For those who don't want to hop over to the page, here is what it says:

Age Male Female
    12-17 20.1% 4.4%
    18-22 24.2% 15.4%
    23-28 23.5% 27.9%
    29-35 18.9% 25%
    > 35 27.3% 13.4%

This clearly puts the largest age range of players at 23-28 years old and a very small minority of players as teenagers.

• AlkatrazAlkatraz Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by Cenn

The Devs are actually really good - they interact with the players, and take into account our wishes etc. Patches and new content are fairly regular (every few months)

If u truely belive what u said then.... LOOOOOOL!

• CennCenn Member Posts: 239

Actually believe that.

yes

there has been regular patching every 2-3 months since the game started

there has been a content patch at least every other patch.
    there has been 2 BIG content patches now Castor, and exodus.

and the devs actually do lsiten to an extent. I've chatted personally to a number of the Dev team who have taken time to explain design choices etc...

these guys are one of the better dev teams out there i think.. :)

i would concur that the Devs are excellent .. and more in tune / touch with their player base than most ive heard about.

• HelldogHelldog Member Posts: 169

I feel your Monthly Fee is not a valid complaint in the MMORPG gamesector...

thus half of your complaint is pretty much craptalking, people who play EVE for a monthly fee wont have more fun with a one time big fee for a game like GuildWars since its all different...

however I agree that this game does become boring pretty fast for the lot of us...

but if all games were interesting for you, then what would 90% of the other game population do??

• eh... delete this post of mine. Made it by accident.

• AlkatrazAlkatraz Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by Cenn

Actually believe that.
    yes
    there has been regular patching every 2-3 months since the game started
    there has been a content patch at least every other patch.
    there has been 2 BIG content patches now Castor, and exodus.
    and the devs actually do lsiten to an extent. I've chatted personally to a number of the Dev team who have taken time to explain design choices etc...
    these guys are one of the better dev teams out there i think.. :)

What exactely do u consider content? If u think that all those nerfs gave u content then i must take off my hat and agree with u. the only patch that brought content was Shiva with the new complexes and pos's, and that's after 18 months from release.

Devs do start from time to time topics on the forums but don't be tricked by it.....it's all dust in our eyes....they have made their minds long before even posting in there.

Tell me exactely how ur precious dev team handled the projectile problem?

Right...they din't....after 8 months....they only do this for money and as long they keep their majority happy their wallets won't suffer.

If there is anything at all that i hate in EVE and also in other several MMO's.....well....devs should come on the first place.