Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post your announcement predictions for Jan 22nd.

Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448

We're only 2 days away now from the big day (although no-one is quite sure what is going to happen).

What do you think is going to happen this Thursday? Start of the Open Beta? Another announcement delay?

Make your predictions here, and then come the 23rd we can all see how right or wrong we were.

My prediction is that an Open Beta will begin, and Tasos will announce that they are bringing in new testers. However, I have a feeling it will simply be a roll-over of the current Beta Testers. There will be no mention of a confirmed release date, merely a 'more details to come' rebuff. I get the impression it will be a massive anti-climax.

What do you guys think will happen?

Comments

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

I think there will only be a very minor report by Tasos at the end of the day, saying that the beta test is going well.

The days after, this forum will receive a lot of alledged beta leaks. The positive ones will be praised. The negative ones will be dubbed as false leaks.

• TrinitarianTrinitarian Member Posts: 169

The "free trial" will be pushed-back by a week and the eventual commercial release of Darkfall will slide to mid-March.

Yes, I'm being generous.

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

I don't think anything will happen except on forums where people will continue to shout at each other for everyone else's amusement.  I'd like to thank you guys for that, by the way! 

• deucalliondeucallion Member Posts: 183

The big day?  Because He-of-the-unassailable-integrity-Tasos hinted that it was so?  Well then, I know I'll be waiting with baited breath.  I can't honestly say what will happen, but I am fully confident that on that day, I will be laughing.  Laughing just as I have laughed for the past 9 years or so.  

• AlandoraAlandora Member Posts: 337
    Originally posted by Zayne3145

We're only 2 days away now from the big day (although no-one is quite sure what is going to happen).
    What do you think is going to happen this Thursday? Start of the Open Beta? Another announcement delay?
    Make your predictions here, and then come the 23rd we can all see how right or wrong we were.
    My prediction is that an Open Beta will begin, and Tasos will announce that they are bringing in new testers. However, I have a feeling it will simply be a roll-over of the current Beta Testers. There will be no mention of a confirmed release date, merely a 'more details to come' rebuff. I get the impression it will be a massive anti-climax.
    What do you guys think will happen?

I think you nailed it

1. Nobody we 'know' will be added to the testers. It will basically be friends and family still.

2.  Tasos will make a post about how well the new phase is going

3.  There will still be an NDA

4.  No gaming sites (at least not unbiased ones) will be in the test, therefore there will be no 3rd party reviews. ( The Noob and the italian site don't count since they know the devs personally).

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

I think I'm suffering from DF speculation burnout, I find I actually don't care what happens on Thursday all that much.

I hope the NDA lifts and we learn some more about the game. I'd be happy enough with that.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I think I'm suffering from DF speculation burnout, I find I actually don't care what happens on Thursday all that much.

Hang on in there. Only two more days and you'll be cured!

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by TalRasha

I think there will only be a very minor report by Tasos at the end of the day, saying that the beta test is going well.

The days after, this forum will receive a lot of alledged beta leaks. The positive ones will be praised. The negative ones will be dubbed as false leaks.

THIS!

My blog: image

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

Originally posted by Zayne3145 :

No he won't

• Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537

Well I wish I could say something positive, but I can't at this point.

The announcement could be anything from "NDA released, Open Beta servers are online, we are now selecting members", or could just end up being like any other day.

Nobody knows, and I can't wait to find out.

I really hope they get rid of the NDA, and get a server-full of people playing the game.

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• egotripegotrip Member Posts: 875
    Originally posted by TalRasha

I'll pretty much agree with that except that i believe that  all the negative posts(if there are  gonna be any for that matter) won't even make their way in the forums, they'll be brutally stabbed,killed and full looted before they reach them....

Iiii-iiiiiit's.... me!!! *Hooray*

• Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

Nothing will happen on the 22n as far as you and I are concerned. 

You won't know anyone in the Beta/free trial., But, don't worry, it's going really well, and they are definitly ready for release on the 25th of Feb.

Post jan. 22nd, we'll hear great results from Tasos about how the testers are really enjoying the end game content, and how it's far ahead of other games that have been released even a month after release.

Any negative leakes are lies, and the positive ones are really just  the tip of the iceberg thatis Darkfall greatness.  I assure you this.

Currently playing Real Life..

http://i36.tinypic.com/2uyod3k.gif

For all your stalking needs..
    http://www.plurk.com/Random_

• AlandoraAlandora Member Posts: 337

Originally posted by Kyleran

I think you must be a new follower of Darkfall.   In 2003, this game was feature complete and 'months' away from release.  In 2005, beta was starting 'next month'... and again in 2006, the game was finished, just waiting for launch.

Everything we are going through now, we've already gone through 3 times before.

In fact, it is very likely that on February 26th, we will be exactly where we are today.

There have been many times where players said " on X date, we will know for sure".. but Tasos has always found wiggle room and pushed things off, and he always manages to find a new crew of fanboys to support him.

any haters who think 'we will know for sure" on Jan 23, or even Feb 26th, are just as delusional as the fanboys who think they will be playing for free on Jan 23rd.   That's really the joy of following DF for 7 years.. it is always just the gray pool of mess with no definable borders.  

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by Random_mage

Nothing will happen on the 22n as far as you and I are concerned. 
    You won't know anyone in the Beta/free trial., But, don't worry, it's going really well, and they are definitly ready for release on the 25th of Feb.
    Post jan. 22nd, we'll hear great results from Tasos about how the testers are really enjoying the end game content, and how it's far ahead of other games that have been released even a month after release.
    Any negative leakes are lies, and the positive ones are really just  the tip of the iceberg thatis Darkfall greatness.  I assure you this.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448

Something just occured to me. Perhaps Tasos will announce the release date as Feb 29th.  I wonder how long it would take people to realise that buys him another 3 years...

• SabradinSabradin Member Posts: 772

tasos is funny

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

op:

oh boy... what will happen? 

Probably another delay. Probably something not so positive. There, I said it. Best way to not get dissapointed eh?

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

1. There won't be any major announcements on the 22nd itself. The day will come and go just like any other with people wondering WTF is going on.

2. The NDA won't be lifted at all, even if new players somehow manage to be let into the beta.

3. No one here or on the official forums will personally know anyone in the beta, despite all claims to the contrary.

4. Aventurine will keep to their current pattern of not saying a damned thing and stringing people along until the last possible moment. IMO, another announcement of a delayed launch is pretty much inevitable.

5. No matter what happens, the White Border will still rule all.

• Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

and to be quite honest, I wouldn't be surprised at all if, even after the pre-order, they still delayed, thus bilking people out of their cash.

Currently playing Real Life..

http://i36.tinypic.com/2uyod3k.gif

For all your stalking needs..
    http://www.plurk.com/Random_

• HazmalHazmal Member CommonPosts: 1,013

Something just occured to me. Perhaps Tasos will announce the release date as Feb 29th.  I wonder how long it would take people to realise that buys him another 3 years...

Nobody would realize anything for a while, then someone would look at their calendar at post a "WTF" thread on here; adding to the thousand other "WTF" threads/posts that will be posted at the same time about the same realization.

It seems to happen that way a lot.

------------------
    Originally posted by javac

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/218865/page/8

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Trial will be delayed 2-3 weeks due to last minute tweaks.

Trial will be limited to a few people when it does start.

Live launch for people that pre-ordered will soon follow (maybe 1 week after trial).

Then we will finally know the real state of the game....

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• chiegechiege Member Posts: 76

Announcement is forthcoming...

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

Maybe. Tasos is smart like that

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

Prediction = Much hilarity and entertainment from forum posts will insue. 

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Hazmal

Nobody would realize anything for a while, then someone would look at their calendar at post a "WTF" thread on here; adding to the thousand other "WTF" threads/posts that will be posted at the same time about the same realization.

It seems to happen that way a lot.

I somehow have this gut feeling Tasos could say the release was on the 32nd of February and people would jump for joy . . .

It truly shows the sad state of things.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand