Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netdevil? didnt they..?

sydricsydric Member Posts: 45

Didnt they fail the auto assult mmo? yah i thought that company tanked....

Comments

• TaljinnTaljinn Member Posts: 81

Guess you thought wrong.....  

• miekomieko Member UncommonPosts: 78

I'm pretty sure NCsoft just cut support not them.

• GoBBelsGoBBels Member Posts: 14

There are appearently about 75 people in the firm and they're developing two MMO's atm, JG Evolution and a Lego MMO...

• RabiatorRabiator Member Posts: 358

Yes, NetDevil developed Auto Assault. But I suspect NCsoft as publisher had a lot of influence on development and is equally to blame for any mistakes that happened.

I played the Auto Assault beta, so I'll list my general impressions of the game.

On the upside:

-new and interesting concept, and the action was fun.

-pretty graphics, including the various ways to pimp your ride

-an interesting crafting system (but somewhat de-valued by the high quality of looted equipment).

-The quests were pretty well designed and made for a nice background story.

On the downside:

-The game was a bit unfinished content-wise and not all bugs were fixed for release. For me, it seemed repetitive after level 20, others went on to the endgame before starting to complain. But complain they did.

-The total lack of a death penalty made combat somewhat meaningless. Of course YMMV, but I prefer the rather harsh environment in EvE.

-As skill-based driving game, it suffered from the rather inaccurate joystick interface. The effect of small steering input went from "nothing" to "slide out of control" within millimeters. There went the appeal for in-game racing events

Overall, I ended up not buying the release version, but it was a close decision and I think a bit more polish would have made AA a viable game. Also, there was huge unrealized potential in the driving physics - too bad it was never used.