Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I predict a rapid exodus of players from WoW in early 2009

Comments

• Kieth75Kieth75 Member Posts: 51
    Originally posted by SonofSeth

Originally posted by Kieth75

Ha you never know when exodus happens for wow. Could be soon or not so soon you know. Just if game is good or not so good, but if good with better graphic than wow and just like wow but more stuff you know then maybe. This just happens and you can not tell at all. When other games get good money and make commercial with Mr. T then you gonna know if it will hah. Maybe players get to good at wow one day and are playing it like they did on N64 and bored and move on the playstation for better fun k ind of thing maybe.

Haha, I can feel the pain you were going trough while giving birth to that text. You deserve a cookie!  

Can I have oatmeal raisin?

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Ha you never know when exodus happens for wow. Could be soon or not so soon you know. Just if game is good or not so good, but if good with better graphic than wow and just like wow but more stuff you know then maybe. This just happens and you can not tell at all. When other games get good money and make commercial with Mr. T then you gonna know if it will hah. Maybe players get to good at wow one day and are playing it like they did on N64 and bored and move on the playstation for better fun k ind of thing maybe.

You mean games like Warhammer? It couldn't even beat out Nancy Drew last month for boxes sold while Lich King was at the top.

Originally posted by popinjay

You mean games like Warhammer? It couldn't even beat out Nancy Drew last month for boxes sold while Lich King was at the top.

What is obsession with warhammer? I say nothing about warhammer still you have to say how much you hate warhammer. All I have said is wow should not underestimate future game. We both know war will not beat wow you just try to annoy me because I play war. wow is ok game but look like street fighter you know and very easy now so for challenging game to come could hurt wow. You should not count out new games at all.

What is obsession with warhammer? I say nothing about warhammer still you have to say how much you hate warhammer. All I have said is wow should not underestimate future game. We both know war will not beat wow you just try to annoy me because I play war. wow is ok game but look like street fighter you know and very easy now so for challenging game to come could hurt wow. You should not count out new games at all.

Someone comes to the Warhammer forum and says "The game sales are dropping" and WAGGGHers like you jump all over them and say "Why are you here?" Then they give you more facts on things about the game that you don't like and then it's still "Why are you picking on Warhammer sales?" Son, you are making me laugh too hard, lol.

Now you come to the Wow forums and go:

Originally posted by Kieth75: Ha you never know when exodus happens for wow. Could be soon or not so soon you know.
    Simply to mix up the pot.

You know, if you want to practice your English on the forums, that's fine. Nothing wrong with that. But at least pick out something you might know about other than "could be soon or not so soon you know." Because duh, most people with any kind of sense DO know it won't be soon.

Originally posted by Kieth75: wow is ok game but look like street fighter you know and very easy now so for challenging game to come could hurt wow.
    I don't even know what to say to this, lol.

Someone comes to the Warhammer forum and says "The game sales are dropping" and WAGGGHers like you jump all over them and say "Why are you here?" Then they give you more facts on things about the game that you don't like and then it's still "Why are you picking on Warhammer sales?" Son, you are making me laugh too hard, lol.

Now you come to the Wow forums and go:

Originally posted by Kieth75: Ha you never know when exodus happens for wow. Could be soon or not so soon you know.

Simply to mix up the pot.

You know, if you want to practice your English on the forums, that's fine. Nothing wrong with that. But at least pick out something you might know about other than "could be soon or not so soon you know." Because duh, most people with any kind of sense DO know it won't be soon.

Originally posted by Kieth75: wow is ok game but look like street fighter you know and very easy now so for challenging game to come could hurt wow.

I don't even know what to say to this, lol.

Yes yes I admit I WaAAGH often as of now I am painting Orc army for table game. What do you mean game I don't like because I find reason to play a few mmo at a time including wow. But thinking wow is unbeatable like Solid Snake is a little bit silly don't you think? This whole thread is just What If for the game but to say what if is not possible and that there are no Ifs for wow ever soon. It could even be game I am not to exited about like Aion maybe it does very well how can you know if it will not at all. You have to think that many of these newer games are good on graphics. If they are good in the game to and can do what they say how are we to know?

Older games were very popular on average for 4 or about years. Some at the most 6 years so how can wow that is getting older and maybe is a bit less challenging or some are getting bored how can it keep it up all this time? Most would rather play just one game are they to say I will just play older game and ignore any newer game because of wow? That is just silly.

• saiviorsaivior Member Posts: 57

Yes, they should all come over to Spellborn!

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539
    Originally posted by Arthousesig

For those who might remember me, I predicted the rapid demise of Age of Conan back in June 2008, looking purely at the game mechanics and the nature of the game itself. This was at the same time review magazines were throwing around scores of 9/10 for AOC, but it was obvious the game would die from playing the game, which is how I make my predictions :)
    Other predictions:
     a) Darkfall will be a disappointment, the budget is low and the game is very far from finished, and is nowhere near the level of polish of WoW/WAR/LOTRO
    b) Aion will appeal to some of the old L2ers, but will likely not touch the mainstream (but will be a good mmo game for those who love the asian-styled grind mmos)

Ya it takes a reasl genious to come up with all those predictions hate to break it to you but most ppl who had ever played AO knew Aoc was gonna be a failure and said it was before you did.Your darkfall predicition is a joke I mean its kinda obvious it's gonna be a dissapointed.Same goes for your Aion stop pointing out the obvious

Originally posted by Kieth75:
    Yes yes I admit I WaAAGH often as of now I am painting Orc army for table game. What do you mean game I don't like because I find reason to play a few mmo at a time including wow. But thinking wow is unbeatable like Solid Snake is a little bit silly don't you think? This whole thread is just What If for the game but to say what if is not possible and that there are no Ifs for wow ever soon. It could even be game I am not to exited about like Aion maybe it does very well how can you know if it will not at all. You have to think that many of these newer games are good on graphics. If they are good in the game to and can do what they say how are we to know?

Older games were very popular on average for 4 or about years. Some at the most 6 years so how can wow that is getting older and maybe is a bit less challenging or some are getting bored how can it keep it up all this time? Most would rather play just one game are they to say I will just play older game and ignore any newer game because of wow? That is just silly.

It's not silly. Your argument fails on several points.

• Wow is the one "modern" MMO that allows you to run on very LOW computer specs. You can run Wow on a old, beat up machine you found in the basement from almost 10 years ago. Try that with your new fangled graphical games released today. This keeps it right in line with donated computers from places like the US, Canada and the UK to places like India, China, Honduras, Philippines etc. Those countries now have basic computers that can help their communities and.. guess what? Also run Wow. That is base no other company can ever touch. Good graphics don't mean crap if you can't afford a new computer to run them on. And that's assuming the game is any good in the first place.
    • Graphics? This is your argument? Warhammer has "better" graphics than Wow (plenty say). But Warhammer hasn't cracked the Top20 in PC game sales in the last two months, and Nancy Drew beat it out for the last 3 months straight in sales. I guess by your logic Nancy Drew has better graphics than Warhammer.
    • Until EQ1 which released in 1999, dies... I don't wanna hear these stupid reasons why Wow is going to lose 500k subs this year each month.
    • Wow is not your typical "older MMO". It took the torch passed to it by EQ1. Both games set the tone for MMOs to follow and when you are the leader, normal rules usually don't apply because you have a much larger market share. It takes time for that to go away, no matter what game is released and how good. People like the familiar.
    • Solid Snake??? wha?

You really need to find another game to speculate about, some other forum maybe. Again, try the Darkfall forums. Lots of Warhammer folks hang over there now dropping trau and giving out moonings, lol. (and don't even think about going to the Aion site, it's already making way more cash than your game, and it's only in the Far East so far)

Originally posted by Kieth75:

Yes yes I admit I WaAAGH often as of now I am painting Orc army for table game. What do you mean game I don't like because I find reason to play a few mmo at a time including wow. But thinking wow is unbeatable like Solid Snake is a little bit silly don't you think? This whole thread is just What If for the game but to say what if is not possible and that there are no Ifs for wow ever soon. It could even be game I am not to exited about like Aion maybe it does very well how can you know if it will not at all. You have to think that many of these newer games are good on graphics. If they are good in the game to and can do what they say how are we to know?

It's not silly. Your argument fails on several points.

• Wow is the one "modern" MMO that allows you to run on very LOW computer specs. You can run Wow on a old, beat up machine you found in the basement from almost 10 years ago. Try that with your new fangled graphical games released today. This keeps it right in line with donated computers from places like the US, Canada and the UK to places like India, China, Honduras, Philippines etc. Those countries now have basic computers that can help their communities and.. guess what? Also run Wow. That is base no other company can ever touch. Good graphics don't mean crap if you can't afford a new computer to run them on. And that's assuming the game is any good in the first place.
    • Graphics? This is your argument? Warhammer has "better" graphics than Wow (plenty say). But Warhammer hasn't cracked the Top20 in PC game sales in the last two months, and Nancy Drew beat it out for the last 3 months straight in sales. I guess by your logic Nancy Drew has better graphics than Warhammer.
    • Until EQ1 which released in 1999, dies... I don't wanna hear these stupid reasons why Wow is going to lose 500k subs this year each month.
    • Wow is not your typical "older MMO". It took the torch passed to it by EQ1. Both games set the tone for MMOs to follow and when you are the leader, normal rules usually don't apply because you have a much larger market share. It takes time for that to go away, no matter what game is released and how good. People like the familiar.
    • Solid Snake??? wha?

You really need to find another game to speculate about, some other forum maybe. Again, try the Darkfall forums. Lots of Warhammer folks hang over there now dropping trau and giving out moonings, lol. (and don't even think about going to the Aion site, it's already making way more cash than your game, and it's only in the Far East so far)

I never have said WARs graphics were better I may have said Aion will sure have better graphics but war and wow are very close. You think that wow is not so typical but there is that you are misguided a little bit perhaps? You are trying to make for a competition with wow and war for me to fight you with but is just silly you know this is no competion as for subscribers and are just trying to bait with sillyness now.

If your are trying to say that because wow is cheap and runs on very very slow computers and is so better then wow is inferior to Runescape in your view? You see how silly you are being now your logic will dictate that Runescape will do better than EvE online because eve is much too hard and runescape is good for not so good machine.

I think Aion looks like good game and don't mind it making more moneys than War it is not issue for me like for you. This is also very bad reason for you to keep playing wow if this is your reason.

It does really not matter what you want to hear, you don't want to hear you don't have to read forums. You are being like a child about this now.

I never have said WARs graphics were better I may have said Aion will sure have better graphics but war and wow are very close. You think that wow is not so typical but there is that you are misguided a little bit perhaps? You are trying to make for a competition with wow and war for me to fight you with but is just silly you know this is no competion as for subscribers and are just trying to bait with sillyness now.
    If your are trying to say that because wow is cheap and runs on very very slow computers and is so better then wow is inferior to Runescape in your view? You see how silly you are being now your logic will dictate that Runescape will do better than EvE online because eve is much too hard and runescape is good for not so good machine.
    I think Aion looks like good game and don't mind it making more moneys than War it is not issue for me like for you. This is also very bad reason for you to keep playing wow if this is your reason.
    It does really not matter what you want to hear, you don't want to hear you don't have to read forums. You are being like a child about this now.

I see you are from Sweden. If I can give you a compliment, your English is extremely good for someone who it's not native to. My Swedish (?) stinks, as a matter of fact, I don't know any at all. Your linguistical superiority is quite impressive and it shows you clearly put time into learning it.

That said, I won't have any more 'discussions' with you. There is obviously a communication problem you are having with some English and for me, I have to reread your thoughts several times over to accurately respond. It's unfair for me to keep trying to impress upon you certain things in the proper way, because it makes you go all over the map, which always digresses into insults. It would appear all I seem to be helping you with in furthering along your English expansion is in the area of putdowns. There are plenty more English speakers who are far better than me on the forums for you to learn that from and practice on, so I will bow out to them.

Rather than have your continued exposure to North Americans be adversarial, at least on my part, I'll simply wish you good luck with your Warhammer future and your continued English studies and good day. If you would like to view this as a victory of some sort, congratulations. I resign.

I see you are from Sweden. If I can give you a compliment, your English is extremely good for someone who it's not native to. My Swedish (?) stinks, as a matter of fact, I don't know any at all. Your linguistical superiority is quite impressive and it shows you clearly put time into learning it.

That said, I won't have any more 'discussions' with you. There is obviously a communication problem you are having with some English and for me, I have to reread your thoughts several times over to accurately respond. It's unfair for me to keep trying to impress upon you certain things in the proper way, because it makes you go all over the map, which always digresses into insults. It would appear all I seem to be helping you with in furthering along your English expansion is in the area of putdowns. There are plenty more English speakers who are far better than me on the forums for you to learn that from and practice on, so I will bow out to them.

Rather than have your continued exposure to North Americans be adversarial, at least on my part, I'll simply wish you good luck with your Warhammer future and your continued English studies and good day. If you would like to view this as a victory of some sort, congratulations. I resign.

Insults? that is like you say the pot calling the kettle black is it not? Good try for you. I'm just trying to stay with topic if no one thought a exodus possible then 5000 people would not view this topic then. So how I do think it is possible for any new game to create wow exodus? It for me would have to go two ways for one Darkfall and Aion with maybe Spellborn  will have to be doing very well. Only to split wow user in half by making pvp go play DF and pve play Aion and Spellborn. If this does not do it then it is as you say wow is king for maybe til two more years or more for Star Wars to come. Then by then wow really is to old and easy to do right.

I play wow as well is it possible for me to ask simple question? We just explore probabliity without the extra bait throwing. So what are any opinions on the un likely possible exodus?

• DreamagramDreamagram Member Posts: 798

Anyone seen 'Nostradamus the OP' lately? Yeah, its dying REAL soon this year. Just look at all these people who can't wait to STOP playing Wow.

You'll probably see him use that particular posting account again only at the end of April, and only if his predictions come true. ;-)

• APRAuroreAPRAurore Member Posts: 330

To Popinjay, I was not insulted at all by the fact you referred to me as a 'he'. I am used to being designated as a 'he' on game forums and ingame. I don't mind because quite often it's easier to just be 'one of the guys'. In fact, I usually play male characters in MMOs too so people have no idea I'm a female gamer unless I go on ts/vent. I also didn't understand that you weren't necessarily referring to me until your last edit. That is why I posted an explanation about where I was coming from. Anyway, glad to see that you don't lump me in with WoW haters and the noobsicle who posted the OP.

To the above poster,

Back in EvE. Started with BatMUD. Main MMOs have been EvE and DAoC.

• VetarniasVetarnias Member UncommonPosts: 630
    Originally posted by Zorndorf

Originally posted by Gishgeron

I think the largest issue I have with his "prediction" is that it seems to rely on major guild movement to another game.  There IS truth to that ideal, but that truth does not apply to this case in the least.  When a good portion of your major guilds move, their core players often move with them...its been the case since the genre began.  Most guilds DO move game to game, always together.  Here is the major flaw with how this pertains to WoW.
      These guilds do not "move" into a game that is already well past release.
      Most major guilds are full of players that desire being the "first" to do something.  Second or third at least.  These gamers WILL move to a new game, but they always tend to move to a NEW game...generally when its very close to release or just after.  This way they can still have a chance to do things before anyone else.  There are no "new" games as of this moment, especially not ones that would appeal to these guys over WoW (which JUST released an X-Pac along with achievements FOR being first).  In fact, as long as WoW can manage to churn out constant expansions...these guys may never leave at all.
      Because, if there is ONE thing that appeals more to an elitist "always #1" gamer....its being the #1 gamer in a game with 12 million players.  Being #1 when you playerbase is only 200K strong is meaningless compared to being #1 out of millions upon millions. 
      Its an e-peen thing.

Yep. I agree.

Now for those doing the campaigning of Wow hate these days: Wow just passed its point of no return.

I think they passed it somewhere at the end of 2007. No matter what comes out, the mainstream is Wow now and nothing is stopping the juggernaut, because ...

... it is now out of the hands of MMORPG players. (and glad I am).

Not one guild, not 100 guilds, not a 1000 guilds will stop the world juggernaut in future years.

The best PvP-er in Wow arena can say he's the best of 200 K battlegroup players. No guild will leave the juggernaut because there is nothing of honor besides the juggernaut.

A guy not playing Wow only loses out these days and it will become even more dominant in the future because Wow has left the PC video game department.

Basic Wow chest outsold THE PC game hit of 2008 by a wide margin (Fall out). The 4 year old game broke out of the short cut PC market and is only starting NOW to get those starting players....

...while the so called "hardcore" will always come back each time Blizzard makes a "cough", be it through Wow2, an expansion and mostly by just yelling "content patch".

Hence the locked servers as everyone always returning to it somewhere in their lives.

And for ONCE, look beyond your own locked up very personal views which have NOTHING to do with marketing a product past 10 millions paying subscribers.

And then you wonder why some people are skeptical and apprehensive of the runaway success of WoW.  I know that there are some people who hate WoW for various reasons, but others are just afraid that its very success is going to destroy the MMO field.  According to your post, peaceful coexistence with other MMO's doesn't seem to be possible, and even less desirable.  Who could not be worried by your reference to an unstoppable juggernaut crushing everything in its path.

Below the belt? Perhaps.  But it's gotten to a point where you accuse others (including myself) of trolling, but you have the gall of starting new threads in other sections of this site, including one this past December about Warhammer Online, where you called the game a "joke" in the great vastness of the not-entirely-German EU, while spending the second part of that post extolling the virtues of your beloved WoW.  When called out on it, you spew more garbage about how we're attacking your beloved WoW, while ignoring all the arguments being made (as they're wrong as soon as they are critical of the game, right?).

WoW isn't a bad game in itself; I prefer to say it's not my cup of tea.  But it seems you don't even grant me the right to say it isn't.  The juggernaut must be loved, for it is unstoppable.

There's a quote of yours somewhere saying that as WoW gathers more subscribers, it attacts more hate.  Surely, statistical logic dictates that at one point the hate will have to include a fair amount of self-loathing if both are to continue to grow past the fifty-percent-of-the-planet mark.  There's a reason for the "hate" -- the smugness of the WoW player who refutes every single criticism of the game with, as you've done, a reference to the number of subscribers it has -- as though "giving the people what they want" were necessarily a mark of quality -- and who takes great pride in seeing other MMO's knocked down. 

I came across that PC bestselling list for 2008; whereas you see a great triumph for WoW, I see a desert for any sort of alternative if Age of Conan and Warhammer -- which finished fourth and fifth for all PC titles, the only non-Warcraft MMO's in the top 20 -- are struggling, with you having the gall to urge them towards their grave.

As for the elitist concern:  I don't think I've seen as many elitists as I have met in WoW, even though I'm a measly level-46 lowlife and therefore stripped beforehand of any right to relate my observations.  But it was hard not to see them -- elitists who treat raids like second jobs, and just won't take along someone with subpar gear, lest that gear inferiority cost them their little victory.  Yet you'd want to attract them to WoW (or back) with appeals to their e-peen, while in other threads you're deriding EverQuest 2 fans for being such elitists themselves as part of your Great Casual Sell?

Worse still, you treat these forums as though you owned them, or acted as a guardian/gatekeeper over them.  Is there a single thread on which you've not responded, whether you took the pain of reading them or not?

It's people like you who make the WoW haters what they are.

{ Mod Edit }

• boobaloboobalo Member Posts: 49

dont know if anyone has said this as i havent and wont read 25 pages but the only "exodus" from wow will happen when diablo 3 comes out.  i dont see blizzard having a problem with massive amounts of people leaving wow for another blizzard game. and even then most wont fully quit wow.  as much as i hate wow im not gonna let it cloud my judgement. it still has many years left and there is no forseeable contender for it before 2012

• killer1337killer1337 Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Arthousesig

For those who might remember me, I predicted the rapid demise of Age of Conan back in June 2008, looking purely at the game mechanics and the nature of the game itself. This was at the same time review magazines were throwing around scores of 9/10 for AOC, but it was obvious the game would die from playing the game, which is how I make my predictions :)
    I am a long time MMO player starting off in Ultima Online days, through L2, AO, EVE, EQ1 (but not 2) WoW, WAR and LOTRO.

Looking at the incentive structure of the current top MMOs by subscription numbers, these are my predictions for January-April 2009:

1. WoW: currently has the largest number of subs although this has already dropped down to around 9 million from a high of 11.x million. Around 6 million of the remaining 9 million subs is from the China/East Asia region, and these are likely to drop off the fastest as EU and US subs drop off. The reason for the drop will be a lack of elite PVE content and the migration of top-end guilds to one of the competitors, which the masses will then follow. The nature of the mmo market is such that a game can very rapidly drop in popularity as gamers are a fickle bunch. The demise of WoW is here, and it will be surprisingly swift (2-3 months with 500k subs lost in EU/US each month, much faster in china)

2. WAR: currently the 2nd largest mmo in subs, although a very high quality mmo its fortress endgame is currently broken (although its city sieges are not) making the #1 priority for Mythic to fix endgame fortress sieges. The success of this game depends on how fast and how well they can fix this part of the RVR endgame. although the PVE instances and the rest of the RVR experience are all top notch. WAR is the likely destination of all the current top mmo guilds and players from WoW and other games

3. EVE: not often mentioned but this mmo has carved out its niche and is holding steady, doing what it does in a large sandbox space environment that appeals to the hardcore sandbox PVP crowd (in space)

4. LOTRO: another niche PVE game, this one has been ticking along nicely with its new xpac but one can't help but feel it should have done better given the franchise

Other predictions:

a) Darkfall will be a disappointment, the budget is low and the game is very far from finished, and is nowhere near the level of polish of WoW/WAR/LOTRO
    b) Aion will appeal to some of the old L2ers, but will likely not touch the mainstream (but will be a good mmo game for those who love the asian-styled grind mmos)

As a old WoW player thats played all of wow from pre bc to wotlk i have to say wotlk have made the game alot worse and the more serious adult gamers are getting seriously turned off. Some people like the new deathknight class, but most don't deathknights are extremely OP, and since there so OP, all the little kids are switching class cause they want to kick butt too. So now Bgs are filled with deathknights and everyone else thats not a deathknight is getting owned.

Its just as bad in pve, Blizzard seems to have dumbed down the game even more, now crit and spell crit are the same thing, same with spell hit and hit, and even healing done and dmg done. Because of this everyone is rolling on the same things in dungeons and getting less loot.

WoW might not die as quickly as you predicted, but it will die sometime in 2009 to 2010, if blizzard doesn't fix the game.

playing: Guild wars and WoW
    waiting for: GW2
    played: runescape, maplestory, eudemonsonline, Atlantica, conquer online, diablo2, dungeon runners, and flyff.

• bodypassbodypass Member Posts: 770
    Originally posted by boobalo

dont know if anyone has said this as i havent and wont read 25 pages but the only "exodus" from wow will happen when diablo 3 comes out.  i dont see blizzard having a problem with massive amounts of people leaving wow for another blizzard game. and even then most wont fully quit wow.  as much as i hate wow im not gonna let it cloud my judgement. it still has many years left and there is no forseeable contender for it before 2012

I don't know. We will have to see because diablo 3 is not an mmorpg (perhaps thank God) :)

I know for sure I will not buy Starcraft2, not my cop of tea. But I have no idea what others will do.

I think though that the "pure" video game player already "played" Wow and left because those gamers tend far more to hop from one game to another. I guess those gamers who hop from game to game will leave for the Xth time after an expansion, but all depends on the percentage that is just playing Wow the MMO.

Coming back to the OP, just reading Xfire and his exodus is indeed taking place right at this moment in ... WAR. A serious weekend drop on a "normal" weekend for WAR.

I guess the price cuts effect during the Christmas season has worked out on WAR and now it's those players leaving the game after one month trial.

So instead of Wow it is again the clone losing players. As has been the case for these past 3 years. And these are XFire players alone of course - we all know they live on a planet far away from earth and have nothing to do with video games :))

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by killer1337

As a old WoW player thats played all of wow from pre bc to wotlk i have to say wotlk have made the game alot worse and the more serious adult gamers are getting seriously turned off. Some people like the new deathknight class, but most don't deathknights are extremely OP, and since there so OP, all the little kids are switching class cause they want to kick butt too. So now Bgs are filled with deathknights and everyone else thats not a deathknight is getting owned.

Its just as bad in pve, Blizzard seems to have dumbed down the game even more, now crit and spell crit are the same thing, same with spell hit and hit, and even healing done and dmg done. Because of this everyone is rolling on the same things in dungeons and getting less loot.

WoW might not die as quickly as you predicted, but it will die sometime in 2009 to 2010, if blizzard doesn't fix the game.

I think the only word i can use to describe what you said is "delusional". If you read WOW forums, there are as much QQing about mage being overpower in PvP as DK. If you actually look at class distribution numbers, DK is not that dominant.

Secondly, it does not matter what you think about the classes. Any talk about WOW will die in 2009 is silly. It just ADDED 500k subscribers after the WOLTK release (and oh, it does not even release to the whole world yet).

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

It's really easy to take credit for a prediction after the fact.  At worst you had 50/50 odds when making the prediction.  If you are right, you take credit. If you are wrong, you never mention it again and most people will forget. It certainly doesn't prove that you know any more than anyone else.  A rapid exodus over the next 3 months is highly unlikely. People will leave for other things, I am sure, but I doubt that it will be anywhere near large enough to call an exodus.....despite the wishful thinking of some. 

Originally posted by bodypass

Coming back to the OP, just reading Xfire and his exodus is indeed taking place right at this moment in ... WAR. A serious weekend drop on a "normal" weekend for WAR.
    I guess the price cuts effect during the Christmas season has worked out on WAR and now it's those players leaving the game after one month trial.
    So instead of Wow it is again the clone losing players. As has been the case for these past 3 years. And these are XFire players alone of course - we all know they live on a planet far away from earth and have nothing to do with video games :))

Yeah, he's going to be wrong on his WAR predictions in his OP as well. Mythic right now is entering into big trouble. The OP would have been better off doing his town crier routine in the Warhammer forums. Sure, he'd gotten cussed out and called a troll, but at least his predictions would have been much more "prophetic" as he'd have actual numbers, sales stats and anecdotes to back them up.

Actually, it's pretty quiet in there. I've seen all the WAAGGGHers over at the "White Border" convention in the Darkfall forums yuckking it up, lol. That's the sad thing.. people who's game is continuing to tank each month since release spending loads of time at a forum where another game can't even get out of the gate. Strange days...

BTW.. OP, I'm going to be buying some lottery tickets soon. Got some time to look some numbers up for me in the ball thingy of yours?

• killer1337killer1337 Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

I think the only word i can use to describe what you said is "delusional". If you read WOW forums, there are as much QQing about mage being overpower in PvP as DK. If you actually look at class distribution numbers, DK is not that dominant.

Secondly, it does not matter what you think about the classes. Any talk about WOW will die in 2009 is silly. It just ADDED 500k subscribers after the WOLTK release (and oh, it does not even release to the whole world yet).

Mages are overpowered in bgs, where all the noobs are at. There only OP because they do so much dmg, and that there all fire speced, but in 1v1s most get there ass whooped being fire/ arcane spec.

Deathknights are overpowered everywhere, BGs, arena, ect.

playing: Guild wars and WoW
    waiting for: GW2
    played: runescape, maplestory, eudemonsonline, Atlantica, conquer online, diablo2, dungeon runners, and flyff.

• bodypassbodypass Member Posts: 770

Originally posted by nariusseldon

Mages are overpowered in bgs, where all the noobs are at. There only OP because they do so much dmg, and that there all fire speced, but in 1v1s most get there ass whooped being fire/ arcane spec.

Deathknights are overpowered everywhere, BGs, arena, ect.

Well a friend of mine also has a mage (lots of characters really). He plays great with it in arena and in the Bg's.

Noobs in the BG's ? I think you can find noobs about anywhere in any game :)))

As for the DK, two days in a row I killed these bastards in one on one when doing those open world PvP quests.... with a simple Holy Pala (you know those guys who have a hairbrush mace as a weapon). Both 80 and one was even in NAX 25 gear.

Ok I had to bubble each time and once used indeed my LoH, but I won fair and square. So perhaps it's also my "superior" playing :))) (like the funny turn evil on them when they are dead).

Kidding of course.

Watch patch 3.08: DK's, mages and Retry Pala have a few good nerves. Damage at 50% when you bubble. Brrr I don't want the Palas back from 2 years ago ...

Have fun in the game and beat up once in a while one of those so called OP classes and you'll brag about it and tell it to your grand children one day :)))

/opens door..

Weird... game's still kicking...

/closes door.

• SikhanderSikhander Member UncommonPosts: 220

I kind of agree with the OP. Think WotLK offered the best PvE experience from 70 to 80 in any game I have ever had. Period. However, after that I just felt empty. The world feels dated to me, DKs feel a bit like McDonalds (nice at first but you suffer afterwards) and the PvP blows.

I fully realise that this is all a matter of opinion but I got my monies worth from leveling two toons to 80, get all the heroic drops and finishing Naxx (again). Then I actually felt done with WoW and quit my sub (again). This might ofc have nothing to do with how other people feel but I hear very much the same from people that have played WoW alot.

(and before Bodypass (and his aliases) comments to throw mud around - I play WAR right now and I am very happy about it)

Originally posted by Sikhander
    I kind of agree with the OP.

Just not on the whole Britney Spears type crazyiness talk of losing 500k subs a month, each month in 2009, right?

This discussion has been closed.