Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player parties?

Yea, I just started this game... level 3, enjoy it so far..

Got some questions regarding, because I'm getting two of my buddies to play as well. Can you have a completely player party? how does it work? do you still have mercs in your party when you have players? what's the max number of players per party? 

...and an off topic question how good is staff class? lol

thx.

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

You can join a party with someone else, but instead of sharing the same formation, they (and their formation) are on the combat map next to you.  At least if they are in the same general area. I think the max is 3 people?

If they aren't, you can still share experience and talk to each other.

As to actually forming a party, I don't know how. I've always just joined, never started one.

There's actually a dungeon where the enemies are the same way, partied up, so you have 3 on 3 fights. (There's a scroll you can use to get enemies to help you, if you don't want people to help).

And from what I've read, staff is apparently the best at high levels.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• gsp_rushgsp_rush Member Posts: 113

You can have three members for your party in Atlantica Online. Either you go LDP(Long Distance Party) or you can party and join battles. In LDP, you can party even if the members are far far away...You can also party to simultaneously go head to head against monsters, 27 vs 27.

• dubistblaudubistblau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 274

i hope that this would really help...its my game rev...

Atlantica Online

Game Analysis

System

Battle

It has a mercenary system which entitles a player to possess a 9-man team which is comprised of the main character and the additional controllable characters which are also known as the mercenaries. Through this system, you would be able to use different skills from the different classes based on weapons/classes such as:

? Axe – Viking[C]/Beast Trainer[C]

? Sword – Swordsman/ Exorcist[C]/ Sailor[C]/ Lady Knight[C]

? Bow – Archer/ Prophet[C]

? Gun – Gunner/ Janissary[C]/ Inventor[C]

? Cannon – Artilleryman/ Cannoneer[C]

? Staff – Shaman/ Monk[C]/ Witch[C]/ Princess[C]/ Oracle[C]

? Spear – Spearman/ Spartan[C]

In-battle attacking is being ran by a turn-based system which is very unique amongst the mmorpgs present nowadays. It makes in-game battling with monsters/enemies more comfortable and more efficient for users in terms of:

a) Damage dealing – the more players you can use to attack, the more damage you can inflict to the enemies

b) Spell casting – spells could be strategically casted

c) Time Management – you can defeat enemies faster for you to go on with the game in a faster pace.

Users can also access spell-casting and other moves such as attacking, guarding, searching, skipping turns, and moving mercenary and main character positions through shortcut buttons and just through the mouse which made in-game controlling easier and more accessible. This helps the players think more about the techniques and strategies, rather than just grinding and killing enemies.

Levelling

It is not based on a grinding or the hack and slash battling mode for leveling where the players have to kill and kill enemy units just for them to level their character and mercenaries up but the game has its questing system. The questing system provides users a variety of resources for them to level-up. Quests are chronologically arranged starting with the lowest level (1) up until the highest (120). Side quests are also present which are mainly for additional mercenaries which are also known as the Class C mercenaries. This class of mercenaries possesses additional skills which will come in handy in higher-level quests.

Party System

It very useful in hard quests and will help you gain experience equally amongst your main character and mercenaries. You can choose which kind of party system you like. It could be random, individual or leader whereas the random type of party is the best for equally share of experience points and item loots.

In-game Features

Arena Betting

Another unique feature in the game where you can spectate and bet on AI-controlled characters battling each other for first place. This feature gives an alternative to players when they are tired of questing or when they are not doing anything, plus, they can earn gold without any difficulties.

Free League

A unique feature of the game, alongside with arena betting, that separates Atlantica Online from the rest of the mmorpgs. It is a friendly competition where the participants/competitors could gain respect (fame points), items for trade and have practice for themselves in future unfriendly PVP combat through joining this free league.

Market

The Market system is accessible through towns but the problem is the economic system where price inflation varies a lot and it tends to change into higher values which are also not justifiable and are disadvantageous to the consumers.

Ex. Hell Horse has higher attributes than the heavenly horse but the heavenly horse is more expensive than the hell one.

Item Mall

It is the online shop where premium items are available and purchased through gcoins (100gcoins = $1). This is a very good idea yet accessibility to everyone is a bit of a problem.

• gubpitasgigubpitasgi Member Posts: 5

that was long lol ...can i join parties even if i am still at a low level?

• felifefelife Member Posts: 96

try read the sticked guide (the link is on my sign) good luck.

Atlantica beginner guide
    If you look the guide please comment
    Akabane - argos - 9x

• impaktoimpakto Member Posts: 314

you're really advertising your guide felife, haha

anyways, just to answer, you can of course, youy can level up just by joining parties, haha

i party with my friends when im afk

• felifefelife Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by impakto

you're really advertising your guide felife, haha
    anyways, just to answer, you can of course, youy can level up just by joining parties, haha
    i party with my friends when im afk

well... i don't answer it becouse 3 ppls already do =X but if he still needing help can look at my guide

Atlantica beginner guide
    If you look the guide please comment
    Akabane - argos - 9x

• ligbagunfeligbagunfe Member Posts: 2

I'm a new player as well and me and my friends noticed that partying is only up to 3 players. But at least the experience sharing happens even when away from each other.

• nywlanasnywlanas Member Posts: 334

actually, more experience is gained if you play in a party than play alone. the community is really friendly, you could try typing 'LDP?' in peer chat and a lot of people would respond. at least in mycenae that is.

• JMadisonIVJMadisonIV Member Posts: 282
    Originally posted by nywlanas

actually, more experience is gained if you play in a party than play alone. the community is really friendly, you could try typing 'LDP?' in peer chat and a lot of people would respond. at least in mycenae that is.

what he said.

except replace "mycenae" with "Thebes".

• dt1984dt1984 Member Posts: 218

Most probably, there are a lot of good players in other servers as well. As for me, i play at mycenae and i agree with nywlanas that there are a lot of helpful players i that server. In any case, just join any LDP for faster leveling and do gift giving once you reach level 28 i guess, but at least level 30 to be sure.

Balthial

Mycenae / Bow User / DemiGodz

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Originally posted by ligbagunfe

I'm a new player as well and me and my friends noticed that partying is only up to 3 players. But at least the experience sharing happens even when away from each other.

Yeah they really cant do more than 3 because 3 full parties against three full sets of monsters is 27 v 27.....At low levels it doesnt seem like much because you only have a few mercenaries but once above 50 3 is more than enough for the party......Youll probably LDP most of the time and work on your quests but it is nice to join others when doing shadow dungeons.

• mummagugmemummagugme Member Posts: 14

yup sometimes one cant do it alone in dungeons, mob reinforcements will kill you.

• Nephilim26Nephilim26 Member Posts: 118

if you want to spell magic or cast magic that much maybe its the staff you are looking for but  for me staff is just for back ups..

• nakakaputsnakakaputs Member Posts: 6

i love parties... party party party! iyt really helps in levelling up. :D