Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, what do you look forward to doing in the game?

ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

I actually had to think long and hard about this. My first preference would have been playing a borg drone on a cube while trying to assimilate other beings. I'm still waiting for a game that allows me to do that because I'd never get tired of it.

All joking aside, based on what I've seen so far I wouldn't mind being the captain of a ship that delivers cargo to the federation. Maybe mine some minerals and be an important component of the player based economy. I'm tired of doing the "heroic" role in games. I want to try the fun business type stuff for a change.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

Comments

• desslanddessland Member UncommonPosts: 12

Cloaking

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

Fly around and shoot shit.

Not much else to do as a ship is it?

Oh wait, warpspeed and ya know...Fly around!

imageThe last of the Trackers

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

looking forward to the hilarious amount of captain clones I'm sure I will see (P1C4RD,  -Kirk- , *@Janeway@* ) also the amount of purely pointless ship names I'm sure I will see.

USS UR MOM

USS OMGWTFPWN3D

USS USS

USS LOLPMSLGANK3D

Besides those two things...everything!  Dammit this is startrek!

• admriker4admriker4 Member Posts: 1,070

It will be nice to just explore and meet a new species not yet seen in Trek.

Random events too like running into a Borg Cube the first time will probably be a holy sh#%&* moment

I also hope we can visit a cantina like in DS9 and just hang and chat. It would be cool to sit and sip a romulan ale from quark and discuss how nice it is to have a decent MMO to play for once

• SinnSinn Member UncommonPosts: 93

Star trek has alot of diplomacy is there any in this game?

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096
    Originally posted by jinxit

looking forward to the hilarious amount of captain clones I'm sure I will see (P1C4RD,  -Kirk- , *@Janeway@* ) also the amount of purely pointless ship names I'm sure I will see.
    USS UR MOM
    USS OMGWTFPWN3D
    USS USS
    USS LOLPMSLGANK3D
    Besides those two things...everything!  Dammit this is startrek!

It would be nice to see a GM uncloak anytime someone has a player character or star ship name like that and instantly vaporize the person/crew/ship and the person has to reroll.

Seriously, I'd like to just do what Kirk, Pacard, Janeway, and all the crews did, and just go and explore.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• desslanddessland Member UncommonPosts: 12

I love the Age of Conan question on Jeopardy. Yep, that's money and time I will never get back.

• dirtyklingondirtyklingon Member Posts: 158

they should make starbases like raid bosses so we can raid them lol.

KERPLAH!

• Shard101Shard101 Member Posts: 479

I expect it to be pretty darn borring. Tablusa Rusa type away missions alot instances and 1 player borring starships. Probaly more borring then Earth and Beyond space.

• AlphaDeityAlphaDeity Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Shard101

I expect it to be pretty darn borring. Tablusa Rusa type away missions alot instances and 1 player borring starships. Probaly more borring then Earth and Beyond space.

Earth and Beyond was a pretty amazing game for its time, and the fact thatit has a impressive fan-base who would love to see it return, even after its been burned down, is also awesome.

Why the hell are you even posting on this board when you seem repeatedly, in several topics, do nothing more than bash the game?

• admriker4admriker4 Member Posts: 1,070
    Originally posted by AlphaDeity

Originally posted by Shard101

Earth and Beyond was a pretty amazing game for its time, and the fact thatit has a impressive fan-base who would love to see it return, even after its been burned down, is also awesome.

Why the hell are you even posting on this board when you seem repeatedly, in several topics, do nothing more than bash the game?

Tabula rasa didnt have space missions. STO will have both away missions on different planets plus space stuff. Also I dont think missions will be the sole focus of the game like they were in Rasa. Missions will be one option

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Exploring and going where no MMO player has gone before! Also I'd like to stop by Quark's for a drink and some good discussion with the other patrons. Maybe even a Dabo game or two.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• hadohado Member Posts: 80

Earning some cool ships.

Being a part of a team of explorers.

Quarks would be awesome!

Holo-suites

Sexy Klingon women! Ka'pla!

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Holy cow. How in the world could I forget about Quark's? Yes! Dropping onto DS9(my favorite show) would be cool as hell. Not to mention ordering some Romulan Ale from quark and hitting on one of the dabo girls.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

Now that I think of it, I guess I'm most looking forward to the things I can't think of right now...

Yeah, it seems I'm pretty bored with features I can come up with. So, c'mon STO, surprise me!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

I wanna be a Ferengi and have lots of wives that I never let wear clothing and spend my life quoting rules of acquisition and chasing after "gold pressed latinum"  (cause that alturistic free society of the Federation doesn't appeal to me)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• dirtyklingondirtyklingon Member Posts: 158

raiding starbases and making feddies cry. uncloaking right in front of an enemy and firing the ol photon torpedoes right into their launchers.

KERPLAH!

• BaxslashBaxslash Member UncommonPosts: 237

Would be nice to get sucked up and deposited into the Delta Quadrant, and explore there, but, even going through the Wormhole by DS9, and arriving in the Gamma Quardent will be thrilling.

Can't forget Quark's Bar, or, mybe alot of other places, maybe the Trill Homeworld, must be more lovelies like Dax there :)

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by Baxslash

Would be nice to get sucked up and deposited into the Delta Quadrant, and explore there, but, even going through the Wormhole by DS9, and arriving in the Gamma Quardent will be thrilling.
    Can't forget Quark's Bar, or, mybe alot of other places, maybe the Trill Homeworld, must be more lovelies like Dax there :)

I bet the Gamma and other quadrants will be paid for expansions.

• North_RunNorth_Run Member Posts: 2

I am looking forward to the mixture between ground and space content, it will give a lot more options, specially with the freedom to explore.

• noblotnoblot Member Posts: 287

Blowing up other players' ships.

Star Trek space combat has always been a favourite of mine; with Starfleet Command definately being in my top five PC games of all time (I would love to see the Hydran race in the game, but of course it is not ST cannon).

My other love is PvP / RvR, I think a huge battle (like taking DS9, and attacking the Borg Cubes) would just be totally brilliant; although implementing three dimensional battles could be somewhat tricky.

• TeranHawkinsTeranHawkins Member Posts: 279

I dont know a lot of gameplay specifics as I havent researched much  ( I usually dont look too much into mmo's until they have an announced date and are in beta as that's when it's getting close to coming out and things are being finalized, too many things can change before that).

So with that in mind, I want to start out as a cadet at the Starfleet academy and actually have to learn things there and work my way up the ranks.  I dont want to just start out as a captain and have a ship handed to me and I just get "perks" for leveling up.  I'm hoping they do this as that sounds really exciting to me.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

what am i looking forward too: blowing sh*t up of course!