Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So...people are still buying/selling beta accounts on eBay...

KenjiWBKenjiWB Member Posts: 39

Just tought it was funny :), closed closed beta account for around $50 lol.

Comments

• RogueSilenceRogueSilence Member Posts: 40
    ya. its pretty ridiculous to even buy one for 400$ earlier in the year.

• SlazerSlazer Member Posts: 251
    Just let the morons waste their money.  No need to bring the topic back up again. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When life hands you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• ManacleManacle Member Posts: 15
    I agree, very stuipd.  But they havn't wiped the characters yet, so if you'd be able to play a lvl X (x being whatever the account had) in Stress/OB.

• FE|TachyonFE|Tachyon Member UncommonPosts: 652

[quote]Originally posted by Slazer
    [b]Just let the morons waste their money. No need to bring the topic back up again.[/quote]

Well thank you for being the Judge of what others talk about. I got a better idea, Mind your own friggon buisness if you don't wanna talk about it.

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

i only pity the people who buy them, i dont think the people who sell them are the idiots.... just sellers out to make a few bucks.

I.e if there was no demand for the beta then we wouldnt have these auctions and therefore we wouldnt get all these 400 bucks auctions :).

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, World Of Warcraft European
    Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European

Originally posted by FE|Tachyon
    [quote]Originally posted by Slazer[b]Just let the morons waste their money. No need to bring the topic back up again.[/quote]
    Well thank you for being the Judge of what others talk about. I got a better idea, Mind your own friggon buisness if you don't wanna talk about it.

I said this because this topic has been brought up many, many times and it gets repetative. Theres no reason to start another thread about people selling MMORPG accounts on eBay, the author could have just found one of the older ones and posted in that thread.
    Look at it from a Moderators point of view, they dont want their forums getting filled up with x amount of threads that are all the same topic. Its a waste of space.

Damn it, wrong button.

• Az2002roAz2002ro Member UncommonPosts: 158

I bought one of those sccounts a few months back.  Don't regret it in the least.  Have enjoyed WoW emmensely and can't wait for retail.

You might think of me as a fool for spending that kind of money on something like this.  You are definately entitled to your opinion.  But, I see it this way...

I spend a couple hundred dollars a months on my hobbies.  I collect Diecast cars.  Im not "rich," but ya, I have the ability to enjoy my hobbies.  Well, instead of buying some cars that month, I bought something that I am even more passionate about.  A WoW account.  I figure that the account should be in the hands of someone who truely wants to help in making a great game and cant wait to log in, rather than someone who doesnt like it so much and wants to get rid of it. 

Now, if I was spending money that was intended to pay for groceries for my family, or pay the mortgage, then I would be acting foolishly.  But if this is money I'd blow on enjoyment anyways, then choosing this is as good as anything else.

Now, I agree that if a person buys an account today, they really better know what they are getting into (or not getting into as the case may be).  And some foolishly are dropping the money without all the facts.

• KingGrowlKingGrowl Member UncommonPosts: 237

Originally posted by RogueSilence
    ya. its pretty ridiculous to even buy one for 400$ earlier in the year.

I have a friend that was in the closed beta and he sold his account for $650.00, and from what he tells me he deffinetly wasnt the higest seller on there o_O.

Explorer 40%

• LoStCaUz3LoStCaUz3 Member Posts: 1,154

It's a good way to make money if you had sold it at the beginning of the Beta.
    1)It's legal(apparently).
    2)High demand, low supply.
    3)There is always someone out there that would buy something that the person could have gotten for free.

I always laugh when I see people buying things like that from Ebay or anywhere for that matter. But at the same time, I am insanely jealous of the person who is about to get all of that money just for getting his name picked out of thousands of other people.
    I think if I had one of the Closed Beta spots, I would have seriously thought about selling it. Especially after hearing stories of people buying/selling their spot for hundreds of dollars.

I got a great idea for you hosers who flame post topics, because "They're a waste of space" .

SAVE BANDWIDTH, And SHUT UP!!! If you've got nothing to add to the conversation, then just shut up. Its that simple. Rather then argue about wasting space, conserve some bandwidth, and shut your pie hole.

Its far better to remain silent and appear ignorant, then to open your mouth, and remove all doubt.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Walk beside us, or fall befor us. The choice is yours, but your A$$ is Ours.

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

Originally posted by LoStCaUz3
    It's a good way to make money if you had sold it at the beginning of the Beta.
    1)It's legal(apparently).
    2)High demand, low supply.
    3)There is always someone out there that would buy something that the person could have gotten for free.I always laugh when I see people buying things like that from Ebay or anywhere for that matter. But at the same time, I am insanely jealous of the person who is about to get all of that money just for getting his name picked out of thousands of other people.
    I think if I had one of the Closed Beta spots, I would have seriously thought about selling it. Especially after hearing stories of people buying/selling their spot for hundreds of dollars.image

yea my friend got invited to EU beta and made 300 dollars on it :)

My friend *shakes friend* is very happy :).

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, World Of Warcraft European

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European

Originally posted by Az2002ro

I bought one of those sccounts a few months back.  Don't regret it in the least.  Have enjoyed WoW emmensely and can't wait for retail.
    You might think of me as a fool for spending that kind of money on something like this.  You are definately entitled to your opinion.  But, I see it this way...
    I spend a couple hundred dollars a months on my hobbies.  I collect Diecast cars.  Im not "rich," but ya, I have the ability to enjoy my hobbies.  Well, instead of buying some cars that month, I bought something that I am even more passionate about.  A WoW account.  I figure that the account should be in the hands of someone who truely wants to help in making a great game and cant wait to log in, rather than someone who doesnt like it so much and wants to get rid of it. 
    Now, if I was spending money that was intended to pay for groceries for my family, or pay the mortgage, then I would be acting foolishly.  But if this is money I'd blow on enjoyment anyways, then choosing this is as good as anything else.
    Now, I agree that if a person buys an account today, they really better know what they are getting into (or not getting into as the case may be).  And some foolishly are dropping the money without all the facts.

That is what I meant.  If someone spent that money at the beginning of Closed Beta I can understand it, but now, with only the stress test/open beta, I find it to be a complete waste of money.  I think a few people are thinking that Open Beta will be fairly long, at least a month, and they will be very pissed if it is only for about two weeks.

Personally I would rather start from level one than buy an account and play a level 60 character.

I got a great idea for you hosers who flame post topics, because "They're a waste of space" .
    SAVE BANDWIDTH, And SHUT UP!!! If you've got nothing to add to the conversation, then just shut up. Its that simple. Rather then argue about wasting space, conserve some bandwidth, and shut your pie hole.
    Its far better to remain silent and appear ignorant, then to open your mouth, and remove all doubt.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
    Walk beside us, or fall befor us. The choice is yours, but your A$$ is Ours.

I have voiced my opinion on the topic, several times in the many threads on this topic, and if you look at the post above, I voiced it again.

As for you, Im sure the only posts you have made in this topic so far are to flame me.  Maybe you should listen to some of your own preaching.

And to your statement, I am far from ignorant on the topic.  If you are going to insult someone, use the correct word.

Are you dumb? I'm not the one here saying "STOP POSTING THESE THREADS". If you don't like these threads stay out. Those of us that like to read them, don't need to hear your garbage, nonsense posts.

Why cry about people posting the thread, and repeat the same thing 10 other people already said, and bump the topic? Because you just like to post, and get a +1 to your post count? LoL

Those of us that like to read them, don't need to hear your garbage, nonsense posts.

Then dont read my posts, its that simple.

Also, I could care less what my post count is.