Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Populous mmorpg

what is an active mmorpg with the most active subscribers? basically, which game has the most players playing their game? Everquest, DaoC? AO? Anyone know any numbers?
thanks

Comments

• Iceman12321Iceman12321 Member Posts: 992

anyone know?::::04::

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

There isn't exact numbers out there but most populous MMORPG ATLEAST used to be lineage1 with billions of asians keeping the game next to religion.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Everquest has the largest non asian population

But that may change next week when they all go to EQ2

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042
    wtf i thought this was a thread on that old game populous, there needs to be a populous mmo

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

Originally posted by protoroc
    wtf i thought this was a thread on that old game populous, there needs to be a populous mmo

lol, that's what i thought too...

anyways... Lineage 1 is and has been the worlds most successful MMORPG since roughly 98... Lineage 2 is currently 2nd in subscriber counts but is quickly reaching up there...

Everquest is the most popular North American MMORPG, but that's only untill WoW and EQ2, IMO image

--------------------------------
    Games Played - Too many to list~
    Games Currently Playing - City of Heroes
    Favorite Game So Far - Lineage 1 ^^
    Waiting For - EQ2 and WoW (OB is gonna be hell T_T l33t d3wdz everwhere >_<;;)

--------------------------------------

• diegolinkdiegolink Member Posts: 195

Ultima Online: 170,000 people

Lineage 1: 2,700,000 (only 7,000 american people tho)

EverCrap: 400,000 lost geek stupid souls playing

Dark Age of Camelot: 250,000 people

Final Fantasy XI: 250,000 american, 300,000 Japanese, 150,000 european

Star Wars Galaxies: About 100,000 and decreasing really fast (this July they had about 300,000)

Lineage 2: 1,500,000 (75,000 american)

City of Heroes: 180,000

Originally posted by BigPeeler

Everquest is the most popular North American MMORPG, but that's only untill WoW and EQ2, IMO image

You are wrong, Ragnarok Online is the most popular in North America, having 700,000 people playing it.

BTW EQ subscription is falling fast

Oh and North America includes Mexico and Canada, not only US

Originally posted by diegolink

You are wrong, Ragnarok Online is the most popular in North America, having 700,000 people playing it.

mmm... i highly and i mean HIGHLY doubt that... Ragnarok may be a very popular game, but i HIGHLY doubt it outdoes games like EQ in terms of North American subscribers...

• MancubusMancubus Member Posts: 9

[quote]
    BTW EQ subscription is falling fast
    Oh and North America includes Mexico and Canada, not only US

[/b][/quote]

Oh yes that's why Ragnarok Online has only like 3-5 servers while Everquest has like 30 servers.

lol, the way you quoted it makes it look like im the one who said that =P...

• DrovDrov Member Posts: 32

RO does NOT have more than Everquest.

Right now EQ has the most, and SWG is in 2nd place(supposedly).

Though it is likely both EQ2 and WoW will pass EQ in the coming month(EQ2 will likely be first, because of the huge amount of advertising they are doing).

• GreyfaceGreyface Member Posts: 390

Originally posted by diegolink

Ultima Online: 170,000 people
    Lineage 1: 2,700,000 (only 7,000 american people tho)
    EverCrap: 400,000 lost geek stupid souls playing
    Dark Age of Camelot: 250,000 people
    Final Fantasy XI: 250,000 american, 300,000 Japanese, 150,000 european
    Star Wars Galaxies: About 100,000 and decreasing really fast (this July they had about 300,000)
    Lineage 2: 1,500,000 (75,000 american)
    City of Heroes: 180,000

Most of those sound right (SWG is a bit surprising but possible)... do you have a source for this or are you guessing?

Im guessing the numbers in SWG.

It had 300,000 active users early this summer, but ive heard a "massively strike against SOE" because players were unhappy how SOE treated them, and the response from SOE was "hey, lets ban them" and it was a BAD idea now that people were complaining about why SOE kicked out their friends.........and you know what SOE did.......yes,  SOE did it again.

SWG having 100,000 users is my guess, so i may be wrong. But Im sure it has 200,000 or less.....maybe a little more.