Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DnL Websites gone?

Comments

• indiramournindiramourn Member UncommonPosts: 884

A this point, I wonder why this Dark and Light forum on MMORPG.com still exists.  The game is no longer accessable (server is down), and now the DnL website is offline.  Time for this forum to poof along with the game.

An argument can be made for keeping the forum active for historical reasons.  But I'd be more inclined to say it would be for hysterical reasons, not historic.

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829

"Face of Mankind" is also a game that is no longer online but it still has an active forum here.

I would say that rather than shutting these forums down they should be moved to another section for "dead games" similar to the way that there is a seperate section for games still in development.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

LOL, I guess the last bit of the $$$ has run out and it was time to shut it all down.

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• bratislabratisla Member Posts: 17

Actually, the people in charge of the leaned forum hardware appeared on the dnl forums one week ago : they said they would pull the plug "soon". Looks like it was a real "soon", for once !

Now let's wait for the final trial to put the last nail in NPCube's coffin ... and close a story which began so nicely and became quickly so sour, thanks the Vuaar dream team and his fanbois.

/edit in fact, you can still ping darkandlight.com, so technically it's only a very advanced coma ;)

• mrhiggensmrhiggens Member UncommonPosts: 2

the site is back up

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by mrhiggens

the site is back up

%^&!#$(!!!!

Bah, apparently it went down because the domain was about to expire, but I guess someone scraped enough money togeather to renew it. Atleast thats what people are saying on the DnL forums. Some people were expecting it to go down on the 22nd of this month but now it has been renewed until 2009. Blast...

Qhy won't this Frankenstien monster of a game die? The worst part is that this turn of events will probably embolden Ztyx again and he will come back here to shout profanaties at PIX again while we all try to talk sense into him.

• indiramournindiramourn Member UncommonPosts: 884

Let me get this straight: Someone paid to reactivate a game website and forums for a game that no longer exists? 

Proof positive that the yearly cost of a domain name and website/forums is very cheap indeed. 

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by indiramourn

Let me get this straight: Someone paid to reactivate a game website and forums for a game that no longer exists? 
    Proof positive that the yearly cost of a domain name and website/forums is very cheap indeed. 

Ztyx saved up his lunch money.

• Pale_FirePale_Fire Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Originally posted by Zorvan

Originally posted by indiramourn

Ztyx saved up his lunch money.

LOL!  That's what I was thinking.

• NabatamNabatam Member Posts: 43

Come on... hosting a website is so ridiculously cheap these days, even Farlan or whoever is in charge of what's left of DnL can afford it in spite of their legal fees.

If the fact that the website is back up is giving any of the few delusional fanboys any hope, I think they are in for a big disappointment... yet again, some of the hardcore ones still believe the game was the best thing since sliced bread; while the rest of the world knows what a debacle, pie on the sky, poisonware, etc. this game was.

• ZorbaneZorbane Member UncommonPosts: 529

Anyone wanna give the website a kick?

www.darkandlight.com

www.darkandlight.net

www.darkandlight.cn hehehehe

Originally posted by Zorbane

Anyone wanna give the website a kick?

www.darkandlight.com
    www.darkandlight.net
    www.darkandlight.cn hehehehe

I think it's dead, Jim.

Edit: Nope, spoke too soon: http://dnl.woniu.com/

Anyone here read Chinese?

• bakon2bakon2 Member UncommonPosts: 129

That chinese website is as old and out dated as the english one was.  DnL is dead and not coming back. 

Originally posted by bakon2

That chinese website is as old and out dated as the english one was.  DnL is dead and not coming back. 

Thank God for small favors.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Oh thanks the gods! See, there is a Santa!!!

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• H_CallahanH_Callahan Member Posts: 22

Well, sit back,  relax and watch this  

I guess Santa should get a new profession

• agh50agh50 Member Posts: 124

The website is back online again as of this morning. 

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540

How the heck is this game still going?? Man if this game is still running I dont see why earth and beyond ever had to be sunset.

playing eq2 and two worlds

• H_CallahanH_Callahan Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by boognish75

How the heck is this game still going?? Man if this game is still running I dont see why earth and beyond ever had to be sunset.

Well, to be honest the game isn't running. It's only the DnL hompage that is back from oblivion.

• GnomadGnomad Member Posts: 377
    Originally posted by H_Callahan

Originally posted by boognish75

Well, to be honest the game isn't running. It's only the DnL hompage that is back from oblivion.

What is even more scary is that my login STILL works. I was able to pull up my old private messages including ones from banned people like my old budy Zorban.

The download links are broken but strange how just about everything else seems to work. Maybe when Dark-n-Fail crashes they will resurface as NPCube now hope based in Greece LOL.....