Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sounds like..

2»

Comments

• AelonmeAelonme Member Posts: 3

I am a looooooong time Ultima Online player. and this sounds alot like Ultima Online. maybe with some Darkfall twists to it.

Sounds like it will be good.  We'll see.

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    Originally posted by Aelonme

I am a looooooong time Ultima Online player. and this sounds alot like Ultima Online. maybe with some Darkfall twists to it.
    Sounds like it will be good.  We'll see.

The guys making it often cite Ultima Online as the key inspirational game for MO so you are in luck.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• saturnstrollsaturnstroll Member Posts: 5

I'm also an old timer UO gamer. And this is EXACTLY the 3D transition that everyone was pining for. I just wish that more uo gamers were being informed about Mortal. I just stumbled across it by accident, myself... and very glad I did.

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    Originally posted by saturnstroll

I'm also an old timer UO gamer. And this is EXACTLY the 3D transition that everyone was pining for. I just wish that more uo gamers were being informed about Mortal. I just stumbled across it by accident, myself... and very glad I did.

Wel don't be shy man. Slap a link to the MO website and these forums in your signature on any other internet gaming forums you roam!

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• rageagainstrageagainst Member Posts: 618
    Originally posted by joshe

Originally posted by Khalathwyr

Please keep in mind, though, that having "massive battle" of that nature isn't in the MO design plan. I know hearing that term over and over from Funcom kind of leaves a lingering of an expectation from a PvP game now, but that is not the intent as communicated to this point by Star Vault. I would say 10 vs 10 or maybe 15 or 20 vs a like number may be a more realistic expectation. They are taking alot of their inspiration from Ultima Online and not Dark Age of Camelot, WAR or Age of Conan.

Now, that isn't to say that once players get in game they won't try to have fights of a larger scale. Just note the game, again at this moment, isn't being designed with that in mind.

I'd engage in polemics about those large battles, as I doubt 10 peeps will be enough to take over whole city.

Of course you cannot forget about auditorium.

If shadowbane was able to manage LARGE battles, novaday mmorpgs can do it too, no matter what excuses would be invented by devs.

shadowbane's engine had heavily dated graphics FOR ITS TIME. MO will have graphics that are far above the industry standard even if it releases next year. Also, every person has 10 hitboxes, and no "scalablity" cannot take away hitboxes and polygons.

I don't think that MO will be able to handle large battles, atleast not until 2 or so years when people start getting hardware that can handle what MO offers.

When I'm energetic I'm:

When I'm at default I'm:

WHITE/BLUE

Lol according to this I'm bipolar :O

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by rageagainst
    shadowbane's engine had heavily dated graphics FOR ITS TIME. MO will have graphics that are far above the industry standard even if it releases next year. Also, every person has 10 hitboxes, and no "scalablity" cannot take away hitboxes and polygons.
    I don't think that MO will be able to handle large battles, atleast not until 2 or so years when people start getting hardware that can handle what MO offers.

That's what you think, and I respect your thoughts, although I'm willing to see mmo, not another multiplayer game.

At the beginning there were 5 hitboxes, now they raised it to 10. If it wont work smooth, it can be always lowered down.

Why should I wait another 2 years ?
    Unreal engine 3 will work the same now, and after 2 yrs, and novaday hardware is enough, what is exactly being shown on 1 year old teaser.

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)