Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars: Our World Preview Diary (Part I)

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Our own Reed Hubbard is back again with his exclusive Guild Wars World Preview Event coverage.  He will be playing this game intensely (as many of you will) over the next few days and blogging his experiences in a special feature here at MMORPG.com.  Here is a snippet from his diary for Oct 28:

I should have known they'd do this.

I should have known that when Arena announced their World Preview Event would start this Friday that they'd actually start it on Thursday.

For those of you who participated in the E3 for Everyone event, you'll remember that Arena opened the gameworld early. It's hard to complain about a game company giving you more time to play the game for free, but I was hoping to tend to some real life things tonight in preparation for the event this weekend. However, the siren's song of Guild Wars called me to my computer and I spent several hours in Arena's virtual world.

You can read the full diary at this link.  Stay tuned, as we will update this daily!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• TallTexan43TallTexan43 Member Posts: 4

This game is fantastic the characters are very nice you can create more than one character to play with which keeps you from getting bored with the same skills all the time.  I have created two characters so far and have enjoyed getting into groups and doing the various missions available it is very easy to get invited to a group if you groups lacks certain skills there are always npcs' with those skills you can invite to help you out but a real player is much better to use.   Lag has not been very noticeable to me but others have complained about it but everyone I talk to seems to be enjoying the game.  A few different choices in character creation appearance wise would be nice because after a while you will eventually run into someone that has chosen the exact same character features you have but other than that I have no complaints. 

I did notice that the release date was set back to May instead of February 2005 this is kind of disappointing to me I sure hope that they can get back to the original Feb. 2005 release date I have noticed few bugs in the game.  One note if you like to get all the loot you can invite just npc's players to be part of your team and successfully complete the mission and the bonus for doing this is that you get all of the loot in that particular mission.   Which is nice for those that need to build up their gold so that they can get the items that they need.  

The craft supplier is very realistic if no player has offered certain items to them for sale they will tell you that they are out of that certain resource at the moment to check back later with them.  It isn't like some games where there seems to be a never ending supply of resources weapons ect.

It is nice to see a game where the playing is enjoyable and it doesn't seem that you have to grind forever to obtain a new level for your character in the game. 

The tournament area for pvp is refreshing 4 players are grouped at random so no favorites can group up to dominate that area.  I tried the arena a few times and our group won 3 times then a new group came in and beat us we went back and won 2 more then lost and then we took off to run more missions that are actually like quests.

A very refreshing change in game play granted some of the things in this game will remind you of other games lets face it since online gaming has become so popular it is getting harder and harder to have all of the things in any game be totally unique but if you try this game i am sure you wont be disappointed.  On the most part other players are very friendly getting into a group is very easy and the missions are not impossible but with teamwork completing them isn't a problem.